1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete One Small Kindness by DigitalTart - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Moloch, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Updated.

I really like this story and suggest it be moved to the naruto section.

2. Sporangia

Sporangia First Year

Great update. I liked how she painted Fugaku in a sympathetic light - it allows us to humanize him and makes the death all the more poignant.
    I didn't expect the Mangekyou, but I should have realized it would be the natural transformation. I hope she does something brilliant with it against Madara, and I can't wait to see what happens.

3. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

My concerns about this story have basically been dealt with here. Some good set up scenes, the humorous yet competent Jiraiya (always a plus) was nice, though the requisite children scene was slightly irritating at that point, but a necessary plot point to deal with.

The fight itself was good, excellent use of Mikoto's skills in a way that suits her own style, and the genjutsu portion at the end added an extra dimension to the fight to give it a bit more impact.

4. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Updated again.

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ :awesome

:nyan:

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Enjoyed the new chapter.

Completely agree with the bit about Itachi being the greatest since Minato.

6. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

Great update.

7. The Berkeley Hunt

Outside of anything else in the story, damn, this thing updates like a beast.

8. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Updated. Another good chapter, I laughed when kushina said she was gonna haunt jiraiya.

9. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

Yea chapter pretty good, but I think Madara is still alive, he probably used Izanagi. I am just waiting for him to resurface in the world now and bring more conflict and action. Anybody else though that in chapter before this one, Madara would rape Mikoto in Tsukuyomi?

10. The Berkeley Hunt

No, while this story does bring on some heavier themes it never really got dark enough to warrant a rape scene. Thats a pretty heavy step, especially for fanfiction.

I assumed horrible torture, and hey, thats what I got, so all good.

And I'm kinda disappointed that there was no Itachi/Madara fight scene, but since from what I can gather it was basically "get him in the back while distracted", I can see why it wouldn't have been all that exciting. Irritating that I don't get epic fights, but I like that its consistent with the ninja of this fic being professional and competent, which is nice.

11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

With the warning included in the previous chapter about it being rated M, I was expecting something darker and thought it might have been rape. But I guess that's from hanging around here so long. My views on what a Mature rating means is kinda warped.

12. The Berkeley Hunt

I don't think I've ever paid any attention to the FFN rating system. I usually judge via the story itself what type of fic it is.

13. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

The authors note from chapter 17.

This what I was talking about.

14. The Berkeley Hunt

Ah, I can see where that might have come from. However, This use of Tsukuyomi wasn't particularly creative. He cuts her open and slices her up, I've seen far more creative tortures. See Time Braid: Sakura gets her hair turned into a burrowing creature that devours her from the inside out. I'd say thats creative.

15. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Updated and completed.

Looking forward to the sequel.

4/5 for the completed story.

16. The Berkeley Hunt

The conclusion was handled pretty well. Nothing was out of place and most plot issues were dealt with. The requisite children scenes were fun without being silly and the Sandaime was cool, as he should always be.

4/5 for me as well, not perfect but very intriguing and fun to read. I do fear that the sequel will use canon as a base too much though, but we can always hope.

17. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Really loved this, the writing and the characters were great and the plot interesting and true to canon with the important parts while still being fresh and creative.

Mikoto was handled great, as were the other characters.

5/5 for me. I have high hopes for the sequel

18. Revlis

Revlis Squib

I liked this. Mikoto was portrayed interestingly and concept is good. Would of preferred it if she had died though. Still pretty awesome, but didn't stand out enough for me to give a 5/5.

19. etErnALChaOsMaKer

etErnALChaOsMaKer Muggle

Gasp.. Gasp.. Swoon... Er, yeah, I just recovered from the mental orgasm this story has given me.. I sincerely hope you're not a guy.. :p

This story is friggin' awesome... Seriously, if I ever write a novel-length Naruto fanfic (which I am sorely tempted to do right now) chances are the Uchiha massacre will never happen... I am frankly humbled by the amount of research and skill it would take to portray an entire clan with such vividness and depth as you have...

I am gonna start on the sequel... A part of me is begging not to, since it's incomplete as of now... But, I am willing to be left hanging at whatever spot the story is, 'cuz your writing is that good...

Being a guy who believes wholeheartedly in gender equality (in deed, in equality of all, period) Uchiha Mikoto has captivated me.. Yeah baby, shove that Tsukuyomi right back up his depraved arse!!!

I really hope Itachi makes Hokage sometime in the sequel.. The aftermath and the reactions to that would be a pleasure to read, and write, I think...

Once again, great story!!! Makes me wanna go back to the age of bards and court-jesters who held kings and queens spellbound with their words, cause I can just see you there, raking in the gold.. :)

20. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Turns out she wrote the sequal, or at least Part 1 of it, haven't read it but its 23 chapters, here.