1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Other Fandoms Almost Recommendable: Barely Readable to Almost Good [Volume the First]

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Rhys, May 11, 2010.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Almost Recommended I
    Harry Potter: I | II | III | IV | V | Submission Archives
    Other Fandom: I | Submission Archives

I've been half meaning to start this for a while now, mostly since I'm bored and want stuff to read. If people think this doesn't belong here, feel free to delete it, but with the DLP Directions thread talking about branching out I thought this was a good start. Next to For Review and WbA, Unrecommended is one of my favorite things on the site.

Potential by ShayneT
    Summary: Lieutenant Jennifer Hailey had dreamed about monsters long before joining Stargate Command. Beginning with the rain of fire in Los Angeles, she discovers those dreams are true.

Despite various annoyances and what I half remember to be a slow start, it has some fairly interesting ideas in it and has gotten rather engaging lately. It doesn't paint an unrealistically pretty picture of either the SGC or the Buffy gang (both have their problems and can suffer from curbstomp or a case of the stupids), and for that it beats out most of its fellow crosses with a stick. Update rate has been fairly good if sporadic at times.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  2. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I like this thread. Here's one for the mix.

The Journeyverse

As Kens describes it, its the Junkfood of fanfics. It's a buffy/pretty much everything xover. It's ridiculously long, and not all the stories are written by the same guy, Tenhawk. I personally haven't read the others ,but the ones i have read, which are mostly TEhawk's are pretty damn good. In a guilty pleasure sort of fashion. The Universe becomes pretty fleshed out and good all around. I'm on my third read through of it now.

It's worth giving it a try. Especially make sure that you get to year zero. The transition there really allows for a lot of fun stuff. Kens should probably come and give a proper description of it, because it is that good.

Potential is really quite good as well, I haven't caught up on the latest chapters however.

3. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Re: Potential

It's pretty damn enjoyable. I definitely like the character of Lt. Hailey. I especially like how ShayneT (the author) tends to follow the rules of canon (in what a character can or can't do) but is willing to throw the specific events of canon out the window in order to tell a good story. This is probably my favorite Battle of Sunnydale story that I've read.

Re: Journeyverse

This is THE guilty-pleasure story/series for me. Let me start with the negatives. Grammar imperfect. Will always be unfinished. Near God!Xander. However, it is extremely entertaining.

It is the best BtVS/SG-1/Aliens/Predator/Independence Day/Lethal Weapon/Charlie's Angels/Jack Ryan-verse/True Lies/Pretender/Crow/Charmed/Hercules/Xena/Atlantis:The Lost Empire/The Shadow/Magnificent Seven/Tomb Raider/Highlander/Knight Rider and who the fuck knows what-else crossover ever. Thankfully it is the only crossover to this degree that I am aware of.

It's silly and preachy - but there are definitely some fun chapters. Word of warning though - not every chapter is written by Tenhawk - and even with all the named characters there are still OCs. I think. It is possible that every character is from a fandom, and that I'm just not aware of all of them.

Journeyverse is fanfiction junkfood. It's bad for you - but it's oh so fun to read.

4. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I think Prodigy is much farther crossed over than that one...

I still read it, because it was lulzy and the writing not half bad.

Ok, so it doesn't quite have as many...still lulzy.

5. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

One Clear Shot by Queen Boadicea - BTVS
    Basically an exploration on how Young!Buffy might have reacted if confronted by the events of seasons six and seven.

Memories from that one are pretty good, but that was a while ago. Probably wouldn't get in the Library, but it might deliver some entertainment.

6. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

I was very bored so I decided to have a look through my fanfiction.net favourites archive.

This is the result.

Alice in Wonderland

Journeys of Nothing in the Land of Everything by CaliforniaStop
    Alice has grown up and left Wonderland behind with the naivety and charm of her youth; what happens, though, when Wonderland comes crashing into her new life and Alice discovers she can't leave it behind at all?

Batman

Fear and Malice by E. S. Young
    Three years before the Batman appeared, Dr. Crane met the newly-appointed Dr. Harleen Quinzel. It was the start of a twisted friendship, as well as glimpses of past events that shaped the darkness that lurks within them both.

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and Star Wars

And That's What It's All About by FallenStar2
    Buffy’s vision quest takes a whole different direction… as a selfless non-corporeal a long time ago and in a galaxy far, far away.

Harry Potter and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Damascus Gate » by Rali
    The prophecy, as most prophecies are, was incomplete.

Highlander and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

The Dido Chronicles by EchoElizabeth
    The monks' spell has unexpected side effects on an Immortal Buffy. As the struggle against Glory comes to a head, Buffy is forced to deal with dreams that she doesn't understand and a past she was made to forget.

Firefly and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

A Leaf on the Wind by Miss Kayl The Alliance has done some less than wonderful things over the years. This time, though, they meddled with forces that tend to meddle right back.

Veronica Mars and Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Martian Manhunter by Mediancat
    Veronica Mars ends up in the Buffyverse, knowing what's coming and unable to do anything about it. Or so she thinks . . .

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Crazy Buffy by Hans the bold
    Buffy Summers struggles for sanity and for meaning. Continuing the story begun in the episode 'Normal Again', Buffy faces the clash of worlds.

Here's Your Accordion by drakensis
    No one chooses to be the Vampire Slayer. But what if someone found out that they were the Slayer? And not just any Slayer. What if someone... some fan... woke up as Buffy Summers, the Vampire Slayer? Welcome to Sunnydale.

Phoenix Burning by Yahtzee
    After "The Gift." Buffy returns to life -- to find a world greatly changed.

The Angel's Knight by Philip S
    Sixteen years ago Buffy Summers died, sacrificing her life to safe her sister and the world from Glory. Now she is offered a chance to return into a world that has changed beyond recognition. A world where nothing is quite the way it seems.

Buffy: the Vampire Slayer and The Dresden Files

Handle With Care by Jedi Buttercup
    Ms. Summers might as well have worn a sign reading 'Danger to Life and Limb' in large, neon print. Fusion-fic.

Buffy: the Vampire Slayer and Supernatural

Mortal Coil by At A Venture
    Buffy, Dean, and Castiel run into demons trying to reopen the Hell Gate. Buffy/Castiel pairing. Dedicated to Anya Reine.

Bully

It's A Long Fall From Cloud Nine by The Tin Dogs Bollocks
    Elliott Nixon knew Bullworth wasn't going to be easy. Her plan was to keep her head down and try her best to be ignored, but that was before she pissed off the head cheerleader and got herself wrapped up in the plans of the school's resident megalomaniac.

Running For Your Life Down Memory Lane by The Tin Dogs Bollocks
    It's been eight years since Elliott Nixon graduated from Bullworth Academy. Her life isn't what you would call perfect, but she's getting there. At least she was, until an old face turns up to bring everything to a grinding halt.

The Light Shines Through Those Who Have Cracked by The Tin Dogs Bollocks
    Kids have to leave home at some point. While Reese is making his own way at Bullworth Academy by dealing with lovesick Preps and psychotic Jocks, Elliott has to adjust to a new boss - but an imminent school reunion is set to shake up both their lives.

Death Note and Dead Like Me

Having a Lousy Time, Wish You Were Dead by Diva-esque
    Apathetic Reaper George meets Zealous Killer Light. You know this can't end well.

Death Note

Redivivus by Silver Pard
    The most important thing Ryuk learned watching Light Yagami was how to follow the rules to the letter and still break them.

Doctor Who

Doctor Donna by esama
    Donna forgets, learns, remembers and she carries on.

S1 Episode 01: Black Conscious by firebreathingfishies
    Ashley Chambers is dragged out of her world of boozy nights out and forced to flee a mysterious pursuer by an even more mysterious man with a blue box. He promises her safety, but it seems like he's only thrown her into the thick of it.

The Red Pill by Flurblewig
    Post 'Journey's End.' Donna's different now, even if she can't remember why...

Eragon

Somber Resplendence by Tarantella
    A slave is forced to flee her home in Dras Leona after a horrible event occurs. As she joins a traveling group of what seem to be outlaws for the sake of survival, she finds that they are destined for something far greater.

Lord of the Rings

Children of the blue sky by SarahBelle
    In the years before the War of the Ring, the way of life around the Sea of Rhûn is constantly threatened by the One of the South. Five women, marked by the scars of war, do their best to protect their beliefs and hand down their stories to their daughter.

Pokemon

Mentor » by Dagzar
    After being saddled with two ten-year-old brats and being sent out on her long overdue Pokemon journey, she can’t help but wonder… is it worth it?

Southern Vampire Mysteries, True Blood

Changing It All by FODforever
    Sookie receives a reality-altering gift from Niall, and makes a plan to right the wrongs in her life; but can she change the past and still hold on to the future?

Love Me Dead by AllHailAugustus
    What if Bill had drained Sookie in that car trunk in Jackson?

Waking Sleeping Giants by Nyah
    We are here because they volunteered. Worse things have happened.

Learning to Feel by Diggingupophelia
    Eric turns Sookie, and realizes that he's changing himself. Sookie isn't sure who she's destined to become.

Yu-Gi-Oh

Variation on a Theme by Scribbler
    When Yuugi was ten, he gave away something to cement a friendship: The Millennium Puzzle. But the safety of the world needs the Puzzle solved, right? Well, yes. Yuugi's friend Anzu didn't realise what kind of gift she was accepting.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  7. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

^ Awesome. Just when I need something to procastinate with, too.

8. Anya

There are some Harry Potter recs here, but I don't really think many people would mind. (EDIT: Wait, is there a thread where I can actually put these? I can't really be bothered putting them up for review.)

I've been collecting these in my hotmail drafts for a while.

Doctor Who

One shots

Change (it happens sometimes) by Regala Electra. (Rose, PG, ~570 words, complete)
    You're a billion and several million miles away and a hundred thousand years later, but it's all the same.

Human Activities by shelldrake (Rose, Jackie, Sarah Jane, Pete, Mickey, Jake, G, ~4,493 words, complete)
    In order to study an ecosystem it is necessary to consider the way in which organisms interact with each other within the ecosystem.

Multi-chaptered

The Master and the Wolf
    by Gatsby (Rose, The Master, PG, ~72,556 words, WIP)
    Three years after Doomsday, Rose has adjusted to her new universe somewhat as the Defender of the Earth. But her whole life is turned upside down when Torchwood finds an abandoned Tardis in the Thundra. And just who is this Harry Saxon trying to woo her?

Notes on the Domestification of Birds by Nostalgia (The Doctor, Rose; The Doctor/Rose, Jackie, UNIT, PG, ~21,000, complete)
    The Doctor doesn't do domestic.

Harry Potter

Multi-chaptered

The Dead Boy by akissinacrisis (Ron, Hermione, Harry, Ginny; Ron/Hermione, PG15+, Two parts; words ~22,500 overall, Complete)
    ‘You’re saying Harry’s sperm can do Legilimency?’ Ron and Hermione in the years after Harry’s death, and the memories that force their way back into Hermione’s head.

One Shots

Hoping for Normal by jackiejlh (Petunia, Vernon, Dudley, Harry, PG, ~4569 words, Complete)
    For the fourteenth time in half as many days, Petunia wakes up to crying. | Harry's first year with the Dursleys.

The Riddle Game by LizBee (Harry, G, complete)
    They think it's just a game | A group of Hogsmeade children play a forbidden game. Future-fic.

Perpendicular by akissinacrisis (Harry, Ginny, Dean, PG, ~4500 words, Complete)AU: Harry Potter, member of Stonewall High’s sixth form, meets a pretty redhead at a party.

I’ve Never Askedby akissinacrisis (Various Weasleys, Neville, Hermione, Harry, PG, ~3901, Complete)The Burrow, 2014: the daughter of Harry Potter surveys a family party and wonders what would have happened had her father survived. Not-quite-middle-aged drunkenness, Weasley spawn and talk of "the good old days'' at Something Place abound.

December ‘63 (Oh What A Night) by akissinacrisis ( Harry, Ginny; Harry/Ginny, PG, ~2368, Complete)
    Tonight, Harry’s daughter is going out. But the ghost of a long-dead parent is going to follow her. Written pre-DH.

The End of Fear by monroeslittle (Harry, Ginny; Harry/Ginny, PG15+, ~4,888, complete)
    Sometimes, late at night, when she lies safely in her dormitory bed, she allows herself to think not of Dean or her friends or her brothers or her schoolwork or the war that's slowly destroying the wizarding world, but of Harry, and if things could have been different. | In five different worlds that could have been but weren't, there are five different ways Harry and Ginny could be Harry and Ginny. Circumstances change, but they always find each other in the end.

The Dursleys' Worst Nightmare by pica_scribit (Dudley Dursley, Cho Chang, Percy Weasley, Harry Potter, Ginny Weasley, Romilda Vane, Rubeus Hagrid; Dudley/Cho, PG, ~2797, complete )
    At Harry and Ginny's wedding, Dudley discovers that every girl in the Wizarding world wants to meet famous Harry Potter's cousin.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

One Shots

Things That Humans Know
    by Ascian (Oz, Buffy, Willow, PG, Complete)
    Buffy and Oz, gen fluff

Howl's Moving Castle

Seventh Son by rhymer23 (Sophie, Calcifer, Howl, PG, ~3071, Complete)
    Cedric is a seventh son of a seventh son, so of course it goes without saying that he will save the whole of Ingary. But what will happen when he quite literally bumps into a man in a rather impressive red and silver suit...?

Wicked Lady byby rhymer23 (Sophie, Calcifer, Howl, PG, ~3405, Complete)
    One day, she was painting cobwebs onto the ceiling, when in came her master's minions, carrying an unconscious young man in a red and silver suit...

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  9. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Power by Rorschach's Blot - Naruto
    Summary: Oneshot: My response to the 'Banishment' storyline.

As a cliché-reversal it's certainly decent enough. But on its own it doesn't match up to Library standards.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  10. Dilla

Dilla Seventh Year

Naruto:

The Chain of Change by phylanix
    AU Naruto is called back to his village by the Yondaime, but relations between them are frigid. Yet father and son will have to learn to get along if Konoha is to survive the next great war. Features semi-super! Naruto. No foreseeable pairings.
    Naruto - Fiction Rated: M - English - General - Chapters: 9 - Words: 41,900 - Reviews: 321 - Updated: 2-10-10 - Published: 7-20-09 - - Naruto U./Minato N.

The beginning is rather sub-part, honestly. There are too many page breaks for the length of the chapters, and Naruto's wangst is strong.

However, as it progresses the chapter length increases, Naruto's wangst is tone down, and the relationship between Naruto and his father actually gains relevance beyond one-sided hate. If he keeps it up, the could be one of my most anticipated updates. The page breaks still suck though.

Break the Sky by nanadaime
    AU. On the night Naruto learns he is the container for the Kyuubi, Mizuki tells him another of Konoha’s secrets.
    Naruto - Fiction Rated: M - English - Action/Adventure/Angst - Chapters: 2 - Words: 19,357 - Reviews: 184 - Updated: 12-6-09 - Published: 9-20-09 - - Naruto U.

Nice start, but it too short to give a proper recommendation.

Valediction by 50caliberchaos
    Short Story. The war with Akatsuki and Orochimaru took a toll on everyone, but none were so impacted by the horrendous and traumatic actions committed in the years of struggle as Uzumaki Naruto. Naru/Tayu, rated for violence, sexual content, and language
    Naruto - Fiction Rated: T - English - Suspense/Romance - Chapters: 9 - Words: 34,676 - Reviews: 92 - Updated: 4-15-09 - Published: 2-5-09 - - Naruto U./Tayuya - Complete

This was a fic in which I enjoyed immensely, it's just that it ended so abruptly that it left my head spinning.

Monster by The Scrawler
    They molded him, shaped him into the very monster they were so afraid he would become. Then they mistakenly thought they could control him. Naruto-centric. Alternate Universe.
    Naruto - Fiction Rated: T - English - Angst/Action/Adventure - Chapters: 5 - Words: 27,618 - Reviews: 167 - Updated: 5-9-09 - Published: 3-7-09 - - Naruto U./Itachi U.

Originally started as a one-shot, I enjoyed the dark aspect of Naruto. Naturally, the idea is not new and since it's a continued one-shot, it's doesn't seem to have a direction. Plus, he hasn't updated in a year.

A Hero's Betrayal: A Son's Redemption by silentmaster
    When a hero chooses the love for his son over the love of his village, how will he live with himself? How far will Naruto go to redeem his family name and his father's lost honor? Powerful Naruto pairing undecided
    Naruto - Fiction Rated: M - English - General - Chapters: 4 - Words: 19,029 - Reviews: 235 - Updated: 8-10-08 - Published: 7-17-08 - - Naruto U./Minato N.

The container is an OC female, but was given Naruto's canon story and personality while Naruto himself, being raised by the disgraced 4th Hokage, comes out different. So it's kind of a fem!Naruto/Naruto fic (that's not confirmed, though). Plus, the guy hasn't updated in one and half years.

Silence of the Damned by Daystar Clarion
    When Naruto wakes up to a dead body in his bathroom, he begins a quick spiral into madness. Oneshot-prologue. Rated for attempted suicide.
    Naruto - Rated: T - English - Horror/Tragedy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 8,817 - Reviews: 111 - Published: 7-10-07 - Naruto U. - Complete

A bizarre one-shot from the chick who brought you The Ghost and the Darkness and Dancing with Demons. Suicide would turn many here off, but it's for a better reason than 'Boohoo, my life sucks'. Also, read the ongoing sequel, Uzumaki's War. It's boss.

Everything » by selandora
    "I'm scared he'll follow in Minato's footsteps!" It only makes sense that the man who created Naruto's seal would be the one to go to for help when it started breaking. narusaku
    Naruto - Fiction Rated: T - English - Angst/Romance - Chapters: 11 - Words: 44,431 - Reviews: 230 - Updated: 4-13-08 - Published: 9-24-07 - - Naruto U./Sakura H. - Complete

Serious angst, but the author predicted Minato's imprint being in the seal.

The Pride of Suna by Legendary Legacy
    The fight against Mizuki goes worse than expected, and Naruto flees from Konoha in anguish. He eventually passes out in the desert, where he's found by a trio of Suna siblings... ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Naruto - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Romance - Chapters: 12 - Words: 77,739 - Reviews: 1343 - Updated: 7-19-07 - Published: 8-12-06 - Naruto U. & Temari

All but officially discontinued. Shame, because it was one of my favorites when I first started reading fanfiction.

Hiraishin World Tour by Legendary Legacy You know, maybe there was a good reason why Naruto didn't learn Hiraishin no Jutsu during the time-skip...
    Naruto - Rated: T - English - Humor/Adventure - Chapters: 5 - Words: 19,418 - Reviews: 391 - Updated: 2-15-10 - Published: 5-16-08 - Naruto U.

I found it hilarious, but it doesn't really seem to have a direction, just Naruto popping in a random places with hilarity ensuing afterwards. Also, you'll never look at Naruto/Temari the same again. I almost want to see a story made out of it.

Bleach:

Soulborn » by eminyet
    Not in every universe does Ichigo choose Soul Society in favor of the real world. He was happy when he died at 121. Now its time to remember why everything seems so familiar in the afterlife.
    Bleach - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - General - Chapters: 11 - Words: 28,437 - Reviews: 542 - Updated: 6-27-09 - Published: 6-23-07 - - Ichigo K.

Could have been epic, but the chapters are short and this girl has a slow update speed.

Code Geass:

Rescuing Kallen by animegamer89
    Takes place after Code Geass R2 episode 10. This does not follow the actual show. Rated T for language, and suggestive themes.
    Code Geass - Fiction Rated: T - English - Friendship/Drama - Chapters: 12 - Words: 29,528 - Reviews: 129 - Updated: 9-14-08 - Published: 6-22-08 - - Kallen S./Lelouch L.

What if Kallen had been Geass'd to serve Britannia by Emperor Charles while captured during season 2? Cool idea and one I'm surprised haven't been used all that often, but this fic sadly belongs here. And it hasn't been updated in a while anyway.

Better Late Than Never by dongaro
    On that fateful day Lelouch never met CC. His plans were never pushed forward by the power of Geass. Now three years later it is time for Zero's birth and the beginning of the rebellion. A story about Lelouch without the the power of Geass at his command.
    Code Geass - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama/Action/Adventure - Chapters: 6 - Words: 53,942 - Reviews: 51 - Updated: 5-8-10 - Published: 4-8-10 - - Lelouch L.

For a fic that I started reading having zero expectations for (a Geassless Lelouch? Psych), this guy has done rather well. His main problem to me is that he is struggling somewhat with his grammar. To his credit, he's been begging for a beta since he started, so I won't hold it against him too much.

The Demon King by ShadowCell
    Post-R2. Kallen embarks on a project, to understand evil, and to understand Lelouch vi Britannia.
    Code Geass - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - General - Chapters: 1 - Words: 7,015 - Reviews: 19 - Updated: 2-6-09 - Published: 2-6-09 - - Kallen S. - Complete

A nice one-shot detailing Kallen's search to determine whether Lelouch was truely good or evil.

Also, these. I would consider most of those library worthy, but I recieved no feedback on them when I recc'd them in the Code Geass thread, so I'll post them again here and leave it at that.

Misc:

Sanctuary by hawker-748
    Another spat. Another trip through the well to sulk. But this time, something's different...
    Inuyasha - Fiction Rated: M - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,804 - Reviews: 17 - Updated: 2-1-07 - Published: 2-1-07 - - Inuyasha - Complete

Inuyasha and Kagome's mother. One of like. . .two in existence.

Settle the Score » by Chri
    *3rd Place for Best Drama @ IYFG Q1 2009* Inuyasha never talked about his childhood. However, when they happen upon the village he once called home, his past begins to catch up, driving a wedge between him and his friends.
    Inuyasha - Fiction Rated: M - English - Drama/Mystery - Chapters: 39 - Words: 270,539 - Reviews: 894 - Updated: 5-15-10 - Published: 12-22-02

This fic can be be great in places, but other times you can lose track of what's going on, due to OCs.

The Unsealed Vampire by lord of the land of fire
    What if Moka decided she was better off without a seal?
    Rosario + Vampire - Fiction Rated: T - English - Romance/Tragedy - Chapters: 27 - Words: 65,866 - Reviews: 1176 - Updated: 10-13-09 - Published: 7-24-09 - Complete

Guilty pleasure fic with a lulz ending. I don't venture into Rosario + Vampire to often so I don't know the level of quality compared other in it's fellow fandom.

Et tu, Pokè? by Librarian00X
    They put on a front that appears accommodating, loyal, and yes, even sacrificial. Then, without warning, they raise their knife, and by the time you see the glint of the blade, it's almost always too late." -Les ParrotPokemon - Rated: M - English - Horror/Romance - Chapters: 6 - Words: 58,767 - Reviews: 25 - Updated: 5-10-10 - Published: 4-28-10 - Ash K./Satoshi & Dawn/Hikari

It's another one of those 'Pokemon Gone Wild' fics. Not bad, but she's talking about adding mutated pokemon, so I'm wary.

Read'em and enjoy. Or weep.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  11. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Earthsong » reviews The galaxy can be a dangerous place for a homeless civilization - especially a galaxy in the wake of the Jaffa Rebellion. Yet even homeless, even lost amongst the stars as they are, the children of Kobol search desperately for a home... called 'Earth.'Crossover - Stargate: SG-1 & Battlestar Galactica: 2003 - Rated: T - English - Drama/Sci-Fi - Chapters: 3 - Words: 18,041 - Reviews: 38 - Updated: 7-17-10 - Published: 6-29-10

This isn't long enough yet to go anywhere but here, but Wise is apparently back from the dead and has a new and cool story. We've got BSG from before it started turning to suck crossing over with Ori era SG1, and I love it so far.

12. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Ori-era SG1 sucked total balls. But perhaps this has potential.

13. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

The Missing Spark » by The Island Hopper reviews As an adult, Calvin had lived his life on his own terms, following his own rules. Now with the death of his father, he is called back to his childhood home once more to face his demons and reconnect with old friends, even ones that aren't human.Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 4 - Words: 15,211 - Reviews: 11 - Updated: 7-22-10 - Published: 6-23-10

Kind of a neat look on how Calvin would've grown up.

14. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

In the same vein of Calvin and Hobbes, I present this.

Reminiscence
    Calvin is all grown up... how has the passage of time affected him and those around him? My first nonStar Wars fic!Calvin & Hobbes - Rated: K - English - Drama/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,469 - Published: 9-7-04 - Complete

It's written well-enough, and it is cliched with the single dad shit and other things, but I still loved it. Something about it I guess. Also, probably the most reviewed Calvin and Hobbes story out there.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  15. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

16. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

17. Anya

I stopped reading this story a couple of chapters ago. Cameron is written pretty well, but the way Xander is portrayed just bugged me.

18. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

This is TSCC fic that's attracted my attention lately, I almost posted it in For Review but the update rate is fairly glacial and I'd like to see it get well past 50k words first, since the scope seems to be at least 200k.

Evil be Thou my Good » reviews Spreading new, false hope, the alien Visitors arrived on Earth on New Year's Eve 2030, after Judgement Day. Having discovered their true intentions, and to avoid complete annihilation, the AI known as "Skynet" sends one last commando unit back in time...Crossover - Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles & V, 2009 - Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi - Chapters: 8 - Words: 46,717 - Reviews: 40 - Updated: 7-19-10 - Published: 11-15-09

You need zero knowledge about V to enjoy this (general Terminator education is helpful though). The commando unit of Terminators has been cool, and the Time-War setting is well fleshed out.

It should be mentioned there's no relation to the HP Crossover fic of the same name.

19. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I love these.

20. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    At first I didn't quite understand why this guy thought that the humans in ME were pushovers, considering the Alliance actually did more to influence the galaxy in thirty years than any other race did in over a thousand. Then I actually read the fic.

I don't think I can trust myself to put it into words that would do it justice. And I mean that in a bad way. This fic definitely falls into the "barely readable" end of the spectrum. It kind of has to be read firsthand to be believed.

The review I left for it was:

Not open for further replies.