1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete "Past Imperfect" by Fletcher Delancey -ST Voyager- (M)

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by NoxedSalvation, Aug 17, 2010.

1. NoxedSalvation

NoxedSalvation Temporarily Banhammered

Title: Past Imperfect
    Author: Fletcher Delancey
    Rating: M
    Genre: Romance/Adventure
    DLP Category: Romance
    Pairing: Capt. Janeway/OFC -femslash-

Authors Summary: "When Captain Janeway brings the sole survivor of an alien "sampling" mission on board Voyager, she finds herself in the reluctant role of counselor. But her newest responsibility turns out to be more of a handful than she ever dreamed, challenging her to adapt to an ever-changing role while dealing with an alien race whose culture hides a secret."

LINK: Past Imperfect

My review:

At first a few warnings

1) As stated above, this story contains a lesbian romance between Cpt. Janeway and an original character. If you can't stand to read about two hot women having a lot of fun together, this isn't for you.

2) Some people might see the OFC as a "Marry Sue", although she is neither perfect nor too dominant. It didn't hinder my enjoyment at all.

3) There is a lot of ANGST in this story, but it's done in a way that shows the psychological reasons behind it and integrates it into the plot.

That said, this is one of the best fanfiction novels I ever read. The writing is technical flawless, perfect grammar and ortography quarantee fast and smooth reading. Delancey develops the plot from the perspective of several characters, while keeping a clear focus on the leading pair. Her style resembles that of professional Star Trek novels, while her portrayels go much deeper than you could expect in most SciFi fare. At the same time, all the canon protagonists stay in character, making it easy to accept the increasing AUness of the storyline. The author is adept at using the technology and lingo of the ST universe, but avoids over-the-top nerdiness. The dialogue flows naturally, the action sequences are tense and easy to follow and the interpersonal conflicts are believable and relevant.

This novel has it all: Lesbian sex, space fights, alien encounters, romance, time travel, politics, breakups, godlike entities... did I mention sapphic frolicking yet?

And to top it all off, there are FOUR sequells available, all with the same high quality or even better. And a spin off novel too! I read it all natureally, and my rating for "Past Imperfect" and the whole series is a rock solid

5/5

Cover art:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  2. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

I agreed. Having feasted scrumptiously on this ages ago, I give it a 5/5.

3. NoxedSalvation

NoxedSalvation Temporarily Banhammered

I'm happy to see you reply, I was starting to doubt the taste of the "other fandoms" review crew.;)