1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nuit, May 10, 2012.

1. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

That pretty much sums up my first poorjoys as well. Zerg got it from one of his first Zana missions, we both went in (I was running an arc build, he was an under geared ranger). We made it through a small part of a room, then got wrecked. It was miserable.
    :(

But, I had a poorjoys drop from Shock and Horror yesterday, and it had rolled 12 rare belts, so I thought "let's give it a try". 2 hits from anything would have killed me, but placing two totem at the start of a room, running back, and kiting for days kept me from taking the deadly second hit.

I actually did not notice I was killing the boss until the room was cleared and I saw all the belts.

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Today was a good day. Participated in two races, one of them emberwake, where I died 7 minutes before it finished, but after that in the Descent I got 5 whole points. 4 for my char level and one for killing Rukuku.

My goal is to reach 10 points. That would break m previous record of a lifetime of 9 points.

EDIT: 8 points, my goal is on the horizon. Like syed.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  3. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Cruel Malachai down. Still can't account about all this shit he does, but this was easer than in normal.

4. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

They nerfed them both again.

Normal and Cruel Act 4 are pretty easy now. :p

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Is anyone else experiencing crippling lag spike issues with this game lately? It's become virtually unplayable for me.

6. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Only once, and it was right before a server crash. Other than that, no excuse for cruel Malachi killing my first hardcore character ever. :facepalm

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

It honestly just started yesterday morning for me. I'm not even sure what the issue is, but I can't play the game for more than a few seconds without getting a latency flatline and it's choppy as all hell even when it's not doing that. Looking around PoE's support forum seems to indicate that many other users are having the same issues, but thus far the developers aren't really even responding to questions on it.

8. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

You guys need to be on more, I want some mapping partners! With the new patch making it easier to get higher maps we could get some awesome runs going.

9. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

Been a bit busy, moving into an apartment. Also picked up GW2, and been playing that a bit more. I'll be on more often now, though, although when classes start up next week that may change.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3hqun1/an_extensive_recap_of_the_voc_knowledge_bomb/

There has also been this fiasco, which is making me unsure how much I want to play this league. Looks like actually buying items will be impossible for super-poor me now.

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Picked this back up after some months away. Rebuilding my Summoner Witch now. Good news: Stygian Revenant spectres make clearing out mobs so, so much faster. Bad news: Cruel Malachai still raped me about two dozen times before I got past him. Thankfully I'd just leveled before going into the battle, so the deaths didn't cost me much of anything.

This is why I do not and never will play HC.

11. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I still haven't picked it back up since just after my last HC death...

12. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Same, lost 83 and 81 lvl characters due to stupid carelesness in maps in Tempest. Waiting for the next big update.

13. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Just ripped as lvl 87 SRS Scion to fucking obelisks in Hardcore Talisman. Survivability at t7+ maps is a bit questionable. But it was my highest character!

14. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

Just ripped my hybrid discharger at 94 with voll's devotion, 2 elreon diamond rings, a 6link voll's protector. There goes like 50ex of currency.

15. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

11 days left to Acendancy. Will you guys be playing? :3

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Probably. I'd stepped away from the game for awhile. Didn't realize that Ascendancy was so close to release.

17. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Yes, new Hardcore league for me. Will be trying TS or LA Ranger, but don't know which class to pick yet.

18. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Wow, I didn't realize it was so soon either. I'm sure I'll give it a go, but I really need to read up on it and see what's new and what's changing.

Same. That was a hard one to swallow, especially seeing it was due to server lag. This was my first serious try at HC in an ARPG, and I wasn't happy about it. Not sure I'll dip into HC again.

19. Arselbengt

Arselbengt First Year

I'll probably be playing on the standard challenge league due to occasionally unstable internet. For class the only idea I have so far is playing with Ballista, played it during the current league and it was pretty awesome and the new stuff being added only seems to buff it.

20. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Can anyone confirm whether or not these new ascendancy trials will kill hardcore players? I assume that they will, and that might mean I really should play standard to try to learn the new content first.

Unfortunately standard bores the shit out of me. So I might just have to suffer through repeated deaths while learning content.