1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nuit, May 10, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

While I'm sure there will be over-tuned content in the trials, Normal, and to a lesser extent Cruel, should still be fairly easy(if nothing else, just out-level the content!). Besides, it's in Act 3, so the level rating should be similar to Act 3 stuff, even if later Act 3 levels.

That is enough for one of the four-point major skill selections, without needing the two points from Merciless that will generally just be to round out a build, rather than being core(or they would have been picked earlier, eh?).

Besides, you don't just get skill points for completing the Labyrinth...

2. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I suppose this is true.

Either way I'm probably playing hardcore, because my track record for standard mode PoE is not good.

3. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I have actually gone insane theorycrafting Ascendancy builds. My latest? Tremor Rod Summon Raging Spirits.

Requires 6link Tremor Rod:

SRS
    Remote Mine(from Tremor Rod)
    Minefield
    Trap
    Cluster Trap
    Minion Damage
    Melee Physical Damage

Why it works:

Casting SRS drops 3 mines which releases 24 traps when triggered twice. Those traps immediately trigger due to Sunblast and 2 Cheap Construction jewels, thus summoning 24 Raging Spirits instantly.

Due to a change years ago, Minions are not effected by trap or mine modifiers even if they are summoned via them. End result? You have 50 full damage Raging Spirits with 100% up time.

4. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

The Challenges for this league have been revealed and they're way more pleasant than this league's. No more vendoring multiple exalts worth of items.

Still, I'm a little burnt out by Talisman so I probably won't be playing day 1, but I think I'll be going back to my roots with a Tornado Shot Ranger, now that I've learned more about gearing and building. Pathfinder seems to be the only ascendancy that shores up weaknesses in the playstyle rather than adding more of teh damages and things you can already have in a core build.

5. Phantom of the Library

In general I feel a lot of the subclasses are meh aside from damage, but some of them have some pretty crazy utility. Take Slayer for instance:

This is effectively 25% life regen per second late game, 30% if you grab the leech nodes right outside duelist, which everyone does. It also saves you 3 points for stun immunity.

Combined with the free melee splash link, I can actually say that my Oro's Sacrifice Flicker build is genuinely hardcore viable now.

Other than that, Occultist and Heirophant have some great CI/LL utility, Self cast Bone Offering from Necro is straight up busted, Cheiftan has some great quality of life stuff for Righteous Fire/Totems and Saboteur's Chain Reaction has achieved what 3 years of trap buffs could not: multiple streamers were playing and enjoying trap builds.

Or, you know, you can just go Assassin and one shot anything with any skill...

6. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

God yes, I played the game so much because of how customisable everything was, and now the scion ascendancy is a thing? Never been more excited for the game.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yeah, I'm looking through these Ascendency classes and some of this shit is going to have to be nerfed big time unless they've made the game a lot harder with this expansion.

8. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Funnily enough, the ability to set a stash as public and set prices for index is probably high up on my anticipated feature list for this patch.

I didn't sell anything because of the inconvenience of it, so this will hopefully help me make some currency.

9. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

2 hours left, anyone wanna team up at release?

10. Phantom of the Library

Having fun with the new League, but I've already crashed more times today than in all of my years playing PoE since beta.

11. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, the Dev Team released a rather comprehensive Incident Report on the matter, actually. Go them.

My trapper, soon to be Saboteur, is coming along well enough, just into Act 3. Playing non-HC partially because of there being no difference between the leagues(apparently an intentional design decision this time around, based upon feedback), and because most of the rest of my friends are. No deaths, though. Only Normal so far, after all.

12. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I was a pussy and did Normal Labyrinth at level 41, and even then some of the traps almost got me.

Also I definitely need to lower my settings for the Labyinth. My FPS was complete shit throughout the whole thing, but the boss fps was horrible. Almost got me killed.

Apparently the Traps always do a percentage of your life, so you can die in Normal Labyrinth with a level 70 character if you don't learn how traps work.

I haven't crashed yet, but that's probably because I only played for like 2 or 3 hours at release.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  13. Phantom of the Library

It's official. Earthquake is the most satisfying melee skill added to the game. Ever. Not even Icecrash at its most OP could compete with the feeling I get from using this skill.

It also helps that the damage is bonkers. 270% weapon damage with the initial hit and explosion. I'm using a Wideswing and still one shotting packs in act 3 cruel as RT.

With Less Duration and no heavy focusing on attack speed, the single target competes with many single target skills, and if I can get my hands on the 45% Reduced Duration helm enchant, it would actually be the highest single target skill for 2H weapons.

14. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Etup is currently using Earthquake.

15. Gizmore

Here is an update for you guys.

I've just reached 78 on my firestormer and though I'd show of my "wealth".
    I was lucky enough to find a Tabula Rasa early on in the league and that helped a bunch while leveling.

Best coinbuy so far is a mortal hope.

The best item I've found so far is a Rat's nest with good rolls that Fenraellis is using on his imba archer.

The best thing though, is the 6linked armour I linked with 17 fuses.

Have some Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I keep making portal scrolls due to the portal gem I found and losing Wisdom scroll now that I'm doing midtier maps where I need to ID all the things!

How are you guys doing?

16. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Hit 70 on my second hardcore perandus char.

First character lasted barely a few hours into mapping before I ripped doing stupid shit.

I think I was getting bored of Cycloners anyway

Current char is a Lighting Arrow ranger, which I am currently enjoying. I tend to play short periods at a time, because I just don't have the mentality to grind for hours and hours on end.

My best drop so far was an Abandoned Wealth Divination Card.

I have yet to complete or even attempt Lab on merci. I'll probably wait until I am better geared.

I've got about 30 chaos saved up.

Going to attempt to purchase a decent bow and 5 link it(6 link is currently out of the question for my bad luck)

---------- Post automerged at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I might have overestimated the bow I can get for 30 chaos

17. Gizmore

All my yes.
    [​IMG]
    Saved me 4 tabs.

18. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

May the Mirror slot one day be fulfilled.

19. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Anyone still playing? Prancing about in prophecy alone is a bit boring

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I dabble, but usually only play with some regular friends... seasonally, I suppose.