1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Path of Exile

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nuit, May 10, 2012.

1. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Hmm. 12% life boost only added 100 HP. Not bad, but still not too much.

Also, I just traded a Conductivity gem for Chain. I have a reason to actually spec lightning now.

2. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Stacking armor isn't really helpful on a Endurance Marauder, I know from experience that once I get my stacks up I have max elemental resistance and max physical damage reduction, and that's with no bonus armor nodes. My marauder is only level 43 too.

3. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've had beta for this game for months. But the UI bugs the fuck out of me. No idea why.

4. Evan Tide

So I was messing around with Witch and came out with this:

Ice Spear Double Totems + Bear Traps

Gems:

Ice Spear + L/GMP + Spell Totem + Faster Casting + Added Lightning Damage
    Purity + Clarity + Reduced Mana
    Bear Trap + Bear Trap + Fire (Maybe Bear) Trap + Concentrated Effect
    Frostbite + Increased AOE + Elemental Weakness + Temporal Chains

CI Witch using Double Totem Ice Spears and 3x Bear Trap Gems to CC and nuke enemies.

With the Crit chance I've stacked, Ice Spear should always freeze enemies. THe lightning damage on top will always crit too, stacking Shock like mad.

I'm only missing 2 gems for this. GMP and Temporal chains, and those can be worked around.

5. Lord Wolfe

Lord Wolfe Squib

I've been playing PoE for a few weeks now. I haven't put a lot of hours, though, relatively speaking coz of some connection problems.

Lvl25 Shadow. I was following a 'Dual Wand Phys + Ele Damage Shadow' build but ended up building my own variant of it that throws in a trio of zombies. Fun stuff. Wish I had more ability hotkeys, though. Eight ain't enough, now that I'm packing aura's as well.

The build - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/65606
    My zombie-supported variant PST - http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...L2wLbXtzH4vfjhOtj647r5Oyw8uHz6vZb99f6gPxk_5M=

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

#1 priority when meleeing after life is Elemental resistances. You cannot run around with 25% in any resistance and expect to be fine. The elemental damage skyrockets and you can find yourself one shotted by a mage skeleton with multiple projectiles

You can of course make this easier on yourself by switching rings around depending on what dungeon you are in, but it's not fool proof.

Wolfe: A lot of people don't have auras on hotkeys. They just manually switch around hotkeys at the start of gameplay to pop their aura's before switching back.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

As he said, your auras will stay active, even after taking them off your skill bar. So it's easier to turn a few on, replacing the slot as you go.

8. Lord Wolfe

Lord Wolfe Squib

Been doing that, but I tend not to remember to do so until I've already been playing for an odd hour or so. :/

Elemental Resistance - Ran into whole bunches of skeletons pinging shock-balls off the walls. Poor resistance meant I died several times when I'd encountered about two dozen in a single room (t'was in the Chamber of Sins). Luckily, I'd netted a portal gem a while back so repeatedly dying didn't really make much of a difference to me. Except the need to reapply the aura every single time, that is. In the end, zombies helped a lot by taking some of those random blows.

9. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Welp, Races are back.

Anybody else going to play in some(at least for the lvl 13+ points rewards, if not the 'First' rewards). Even if you only catch half of the 109 events, you should be able to get over 150 points, and thus four of the six rewards. If you can get more points, such as on the Races over an hour long, than even the fifth reward shouldn't be too hard for a casual player to obtain. (I do kind of want that unarmed-fighting glove, just to have a gimmick build based upon it.:p)

While I can't guarantee the success of it, here is a 'guide' posted within the thread, as well as a response to it:
    For people who think level 13 is too hard, you have to play differently during a race.

Sprint to Hillock, kill him.
    Terraces, kill only when you have to as you run to Mud Flats(get Waypoint)(Level 3)
    Kill Hailrake, be sure you hit (Level 4) before attempting the kill unless you're good
    Turn in Medicine Chest(Quicksilver Flask)
    Grab Rhoa Glyphs, killing as you need to to hit (Level 5)
    Run Lower/Upper to get to Ledge(Get Waypoint)
    Farm Ledge until 9 or 10
    Make your way to Brutus only killing as you must(Quicksilver use)
    Brutus dead (Level 11)
    Run Ships Graveyard/Coves
    First Cavern(Waypoint to Nessa get gem)
    Run Caverns(Level 12)
    Kill Merveil move to Act 2

If you're not good just go up and Farm til the time runs out. If you're good, you know what to do....
    (and the response)
    With the speed that new people will run at I would say farming Coves for newer players is your best bet.
    Different builds do better than others at Brutus, I generally kill him around level 9, and its perfect if I do because then you can buy a leather belt.
    If you're level 5 before Lower/Upper submerged, that's REALLY bad. You're killing way too much stuff honestly.

I'll try and make a race guide at some point, especially for various types of characters, but yeah level 13 is not that hard. I would recommend watching streamers playing.

Some of the top racers right now that stream:
    Devmoon (twitch.tv/devmoon) - seriously, devmoon is a beast, but he plays for progression more than highest level. Always impressive to watch - he's one of the few that can say he's killed turbo vaal in a short race, and I learned a ton from him.
    Dime (twitch.tv/pairdime)
    Nugiyen (twitch.tv/nugiyen) - Beat me in a 1 hour race for a demigod and killed Piety in the 4 hour so I kinda have to mention it :p
    Customs (twitch.tv/customss) - I learned a lot from him, I think he learned some from me as well. He's very strong as a ranger, but so is Pam. Always giving tips and stuff too.

I would like to see Kripp do some races and I know he will, but I want to really see what spec he runs. Been a while. :p

I'll stream as well soon, and I'll try and offer tips and all, I just need to fix up some situations preventing me from streaming.

10. thebrute7

thebrute7 High Inquisitor

I'll probably try my hand at a couple despite my newness. Should be fun

11. Evan Tide

I just want the Wanderlust boosts, though Facebreaker is hilariously troll and I've one-shot some act bosses with it.

Making a LA marauder now, since I'm tired of melee and watch to just watch things burn (or fry, in this case). Already have build planned up to lvl 70 and progression. Have several items lined up for it too.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

...hmmm, did the evening one tonight. Barely died at Brutus. Both of us were one-two hits from death, and I should have backed off to heal for a moment, but I didn't. Ah well. Would have got points too, from level.

13. Seraphim

Seraphim Third Year DLP Supporter

So I don't know if any of you have been playing or following this game but I thought I'd let the uninformed of you know that this game is going to be released on the 23rd of this month

There have been a ton of updates and improvements to the game, sadly there is still desync out there. There are a ton of new unique items and race seasons in which you can earn unique art for some unique items.

The passive tree will be reset for current characters if you have some.
    More information can be found on their website

It's still a lot of fun and I hope to see you guys in game

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  14. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was fun, but after I finished the first playtrough it became boring. It is has a great premise and I really dig the passive skill tree but the active skills are run of the mill skills leaving little to no room for variation.

15. Seraphim

they have added new skills and will do so in the foreseeable future. some of the most recent new ones are some new mines like lightning trap or melee splash .

They are also adding the final part of act3. and have said they'd like to add a new act each year. I understand if you got burned out. but I'd urge you to try again.

16. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mines are useless with the desync. I played when they started the act3. Maybe I will try when it comes out.

17. Seraphim

In this video it looks fun but I haven't tried it myself yet

18. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

I enjoyed path immensely during the closed beta and the start of open. I raced and all of that jazz, but I got bored with no group to play it with. If anyone decided to pick it up, let me know and I'll update and join in.

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Eh, playing it a bit tonight, although I am interested about playing after the 23rd.

20. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Are any of you playing the special leagues?