1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned People Lie by Nugar - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Janus, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

Title: People Lie
    Author: Nugar
    Rating: M
    Chapters: 34
    Words: 290,796
    Updated: July 25, 2010
    Published: August 24, 2007
    Summary: Lies have power. They can change a simple-minded believer into a two-faced schemer and a timid follower into a fanatical devotee. They can change a child angry at the world into a man consumed by more than vengeance. But that power is a lie as well.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3745099/1/People_Lie

Seriously, how is it that no one beat me to this?

From the guy who brought you Needful Things and Aurora of Rainbow Fire, a Naruto fic.

A damn good Naruto fic.

Don't make me explain it, just go fucking read it.

5/5

Checked: June 8, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  2. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Well the subforum only started not 24 hours ago I think. It's a nice read, but it's a bit slow. Faitly constant update rate is a plus though. The development of Naruto's character and his reasoning is sensible and interesting.
    4/5 in my opinion.

3. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

My point still stands.

And I'm pretty sure it only feels slow because we're waiting for each new chapter. A re-read has actual momentum.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Definitely my favourite fic at the minute, in any of the fandoms I browse. Admittedly, the ending of the Clients Lie arc didn't work out as well as I'd hoped, but the character building and action scenes are works of art in and of themselves. Nugar's Naruto is one of the most interesting portrayals of him I've ever seen and I've been eagerly awaiting new chapters for months.

5/5

5. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Now that what i am talking about! I am surprised no one posted the god worthy story of "People Lie" its the psychological humor from hell. The guy really screws up every character good and does it in style.

You don't even want Sasuke dead in this one, because Naruto will probably use his ass to screw over everyone.

6. Demonic Chair Stealer

Demonic Chair Stealer Second Year

I love this story. Amazing mind games and crazy Naruto with a god complex, what is not to love. It is one of the few stories where I don't hate anyones characterization.

5/5

7. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

This fic has a Sasuke I don't want to murder.

That's high praise right there.

8. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

"This fic has a Sasuke I don't want to murder.

That's high praise right there."

The funny thing is HE MIGHT just get murdered if I my predictions from his other fics are any indication. And that just makes it all the better.

9. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

One of the best. Very best. I say 5/5

It might be tied with Geor-sama's fic, as the other good ones never update...

10. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Xenon showed me this ages ago. We were bored, no one was talking on IRC, so we decided to read it. It was only on TFF at the time.

Starts awesome and stays that way for most of the story. And when I say story, I mean just the 'People Lie' arc. I liked how Naruto acted and how he approached the Hinata angle. I was enjoying it quite a bit until the end of this arc, when Naruto did some retarded pose or some crap in class? I can't remember what he did, but it instantly sapped the realistic quality of the story with something so anime-ish.

I know, people are going to say, "But Syaoran, it is an anime." but the best stories around try to make it feel real with real people, not sweatdrops and other stupid bullcrap.

It wasn't so bad, though it left me feeling a bit annoyed. I'm not sure if it's even in the story anymore, since like I said before, I read this when it was only on TFF, which probably meant it was only a draft copy.

But it really was the begining of the end for me.

I tried reading the next arc, 'Clients Lie' and while I can't remember what happened, I know something turned me off the story, big time. And it wasn't Saskue. I actually like stories where Naruto and Saskue get along without anyone else. Brothers in arms type thing.

Anyway... not sure exactly what it was, might have a glimpse to see if I can recall, but yeah. First arc was awesome until that end little bit, haven't read enough of the other ones to comment anything worthy.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Like Syaoran, I liked the first arc. Then it just got... weird. 11 year olds making out, 11 year old girl baring her chest to a guy, 11 year olds almost sleeping together, the fanatic devotion Hinata has for Naruto... urgh. Naruto-sama? -_-

It's like a master/slave relationship. With 11 year olds.

Yeah, the first arc was good, but not amazing. I think I'll stop reading now, it's just getting fucking stupid. What do you people see in it? o_O

12. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

You do realize that it is supposed to be a master/slave relationship right? Also the reason that their character changes so drastically is because they each suffer another traumatic break down other then the one's that they already went though, in case ya didn't know those tend to rewrite a person's mental landscape some what.

I don't know about you, but I've people who have lost their virginity by the age of 12, and no it was not by rape.

overall I really like this one, but there are better ones out there, so I give it a 4/5.

Oh and this was posted on the site in the Naruto fanfic's thread, by me as a matter of face.

13. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

I had a rant about physical aging in the Naruto world or some such in one of the other threads that I'm far to lazy to go find but...

Nugar wrote Needful Things and Aurora of Rainbow Fire. *Raises an eyebrow* Did you really expect this to not get racy at one point or another?

14. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I think there is a distinct difference between arcs 1, 2, and 3... clearly Nugar is shifting focus all the time, and perhaps the most concise arc is the first one (up until the end that is). I do agree the sexuality in this story is simply ...odd, however, I'm not adverse to it (I don't even think of Naruto as 11... though I probably should?).

I really couldn't rate this story if I tried. It's amazing in some places, bizarre in others. I've talked to the author extensively about his choices in writing and he seems pretty cognizant about what he's doing so I guess that's the only definitive thing I can really say: Nugar has some vague idea of what's going on, and as long as he can keep writing that notion on...internet paper, I'll keep reading.

15. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Its funny you can actually say this fic is confusing. But when it gets right down to it you still go back to reading the latest chapter whenever it comes out.

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I lost all interest in this story with the start of the Memories Lie arc and the hugely AU twists introduced there.

Naruto as some kind of demon? Sure, I've seen it before and am frankly not that averse to it. But don't spring that shit on me in the middle of a story and out of nowhere.

Then there was the introduction of new demons - another AU twist that came out of nowhere.

I'm not sure if people understand this, but demons do not exist in the Naruto world. None.

The bijuu have been explained not as demons or otherworldly entities but as formations of malicious chakra - a phenomenon that while not entirely explained or understood is well documented by the ninja in the Narutoverse. There are only nine of them.

So when an author starts tossing made up demon villains into the middle of his story in the disjointed and confusing manner that this author does, I get immediately put off on top of feeling like I've wasted my time reading up to that point.

Massive AU twists in the middle of a canon-compliant story make me rage.

17. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Somebody's never heard of the Cthulhu mythos, I see...

18. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Yeah I don't really mind the whole "Shogoth" thing even though it clearly doesn't fit with Naruto (doesn't even have eastern-sounding name ...). Usually I would (especially in other shitty stories), but here I dunno, it doesn't bug me. That's weird.

You can criticize the story, but I think it's still enjoyable enough you can overlook its flaws. I especially liked the couple chapters on Gai, even if they seemed out there. People don't give Lee and Gai enough respect. They're ninja, not bumbling morons. I bet you they're just acting like idiots to fool us all.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Updated with two new chapters that read pretty well in my opinion. Naruto showing his childish side was amusing and the way he Hinata put him down just afterwards was just hilarious.

Is it wrong that I find a story where most of the humour is centred around death and morbidity more amusing than genuine humour/crack fics?

20. aikora666

aikora666 First Year

No way. This story is the pinnacle of grotesque comedy in all of the Naruto fandom, you can't find anything here with the blend of blood thirsty humour that moves you like this one.

You can literally feel the touch, sound, smell, and taste of this fic. There is hardly any details left out.

The pairing in this story isn't even special but he took the Hinata x Naruto pairing to a level that shits on the more popular pairings like "NarutoYugito or NarutoAnko"- and shows that the NaruHina can be just as rutheless without going overboard-scratch that he went passed most limits and even makes you forgets these kids are too young to be having sex.

It boggles the mind that his review count isn't any higher but considering we got a whole genertion of idiots reading a smirking cool naruto-that makes no sense or Akatsuki Naruto that makes even less sense, I soppose good fiction is getting harder to come by as the authors give up on writing anything worth reading by more adult viewers.

You really have to love the last chapter though with the Team 10 thing, that I did not expect. Thought they were going to get violated into the next stratosphere. But Nugar really turns the ordinary traits of the guys of naruto into psychological nightmares that you can't help but keep reading.

Infinty/5-possibly the best blood based comedy in the Naruto fandom by far.

-I know I get hyped whenever i read this fic, its probably one of three Naruto fics I still keep reading with LD2000s Nine tailed Serpent and Fuinjutsu.