1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Perpendicular by nine miles to go-T- Spider-Man

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by crimson sun06, Mar 23, 2015.

1. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

Title: Perpendicular
    Author: nine miles to go
    Genre: Drama/Romance
    Fandom: Spider-Man
    Pairings: Peter/Gwen, Peter/MJ
    Summary: An examination of how MJ falls for Peter over the years (Amazing Spider-Man movie universe). Companion piece to "Lying Heart" and "Reckless". COMPLETE!

Link:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8952765/1/Perpendicular

Despite what the summary implies it really isn't necessary to read the other stories to follow this one. As a matter of fact I read this first and I firmly believe this is the author's best work.

As far as romance goes this is the best I've read. It is told from MJ's point of view and details the growth of her relationship with Peter while he is with Gwen and then without.
    The angst is handled very well here and it is easy to empathize with the characters.
    There is little action as the story is told almost completely from MJ's point of view except for the last chapter where it switches to Peter's POV. The interactions between MJ and Peter switches between humorous and profound and the author does well to establish their chemistry.

I'd recommend this for a place in the library.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    This had several problems, but overall it was very good.

Not really in the mood for a long review, so yeah. Didn't like some stuff, but the writing was very good and I enjoyed reading it, even if the ending felt a bit weak.
    4/5. Imo the other story, the Gwen one, is better, but this one is definitely Library material too.

3. crimson sun06

The reason I didn't recommend her other stories is because they get a little over the top with the angst. This one is well-balanced in that regard and I really enjoyed MJ's character. It actually made me look forward to the third movie in the series before I found out they aren't making it any more. As for problems... well I couldn't find any obvious ones but even the ones who do find them will discover that they are fairly easy to ignore.

4. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Um, is this a mash between the first Spider-Man trilogy and the recent reboot? It seemed like it was set in Amazing Spider-Man, what with Gwen, her father and Peter's promise... but then I'm at the point where Harry is accusing Spider-Man of killing his father, and I'm assuming that's from the original trilogy.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    It's set in the recent reboot, but borrows ideas from several mediums such as the old movies and the comics themselves.

6. crimson sun06

It was written before the second movie was released so yes it deviates from the canon.