1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Person of Interest

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Anybody watched/ing this?
    Mostly started watching it when I saw that Michael Emerson was in it, and the fact I was totally bored watching old re-runs on Sky.

I like it, it's not over-the-top brilliant, but it has a quite a few twists in the episodes that sometimes I don't see coming that makes it better than some crime shows I've watched.

2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I saw the first two episodes when it came out, considering that the creator is Jonathan Nolan I was expecting better.

Does it get better?

3. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

I'm on episode 9 at the moment, but I found it's a touch-and-go kind of thing, some eps are good, but two have been boring, imo.

There hasn't been a defining plot atm, just the "case of the week" and one villian who got away and will probably come back in a couple of episodes time, but there is no massive plot linking each episode, except the general plot of the story, obv.

I think atm it is like Homeland, the storyline is bearable, but the end of the season will probably have a twist that will most likely make watchers go, "wtf?"

4. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I find it somewhat difficult to believe that Ben Linus is capable of writing such software, but overall this is a good series, if you're looking for something light.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

In a good way? Because Homeland's ending was really a bad wtf.

Anyways, I will try and get the episodes, I am kinda free at the moment. Thanks for reminding me about it.

6. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Yup, necro-tiem.

Second season came out recently. I admit that the first season of this show started out a little slow but it gets better.

Really fucking better.

And the ending to the first season was perfect. Second season has two episodes so far which I just saw together and I am loving it.

Anyways, if you are not watching this, you are missing out. Like I said, it does start out slow (not bad, just slow) but its well worth it when you get to later in the season.

7. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

Only watched 1 season but really liked it.. The only problem I have is that it got a lot less believable with each episode. Nearly ever goddamn criminal and the people he rescued know that Carter,Reese and Finch work together but somehow it is still a secret..

8. Infidel

Infidel Auror

Huh, I'd watched the first two episodes from season 1 and stopped as it was a bit boring. Now, I'm going to go watch it all.

9. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

Wow, Epic ending for episode. Didn't see it coming

10. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Person Of Interest has improved a whole fucking lot since season 1 and it is currently my favorite on air series. I loved season 2 and also Root is fucking awesome. Last week's episode was so great. Can't wait to see what happened on yesterday's episode.

11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Holy shit, there's a thread for this? How did I not see that? I'd have resurrected it ages ago.

12. Infidel

Infidel Auror

From what I thought would be a boring series, this has fast become one of my favorites. However, I was not a fan of the latest episode.

Why did they have to go for the last minute romance? It spoiled everything. The minor, side romance plots they had going on were so much better. John and Carter kissing was such a let down.

13. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The argument I've seen is that it wasn't actually a romance, just two close people in pretty dire straits.

Also the kiss wasn't scripted, apparently.

14. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, I watched the first few episodes of this, but found it pretty dull. Now it's apparently looking up.

How long does it take to get good? Ie, how much shit do I have to slog through to get to the good parts?

15. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The AV Club wrote a review of the series so far. Obviously contains spoilers through December 4th's episode.

It's a pretty good review, explains why the show is as good as (at least I think) it is. It's totally wrong about the action sequences though. This show has great action sequences, but Arrow's blows them out of the water.

16. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Just started watching it (first 3 episodes) and my problem isn't that it's dull or boring, but that he seems to be really bad at his job.
    If you could get better results by just immediately calling the cops as soon as you have some proof, you're not doing your job right.

Does that part change?

17. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Who reese?

Yeah don't worry, the show starts out shaky but when it finally decides what it wants then it becomes really good. I'd say hang in there and at least enjoy the action scenes as characters become established.

18. Nae

Nae The Violent

Was just watching a recent episode showing Emerson's character's teenage years. I liked the nod to Captain Crunch when he makes a call to France. :D

This show has always been...alright for me. I don't particularly love it, but I would marathon it on a weekend if I'm bored.

19. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

God that was an amazing episode although I really want Reese to get over his funk already although I do like how he's becoming a contrast to root when it comes to the machine.

And Holy shit is it true that you older people who might be watching this show weren't hearing the phone beeping morse code?

Because I thought it was really odd that control didn't notice and the fact that it was actually happening in real life(some of us heard it others didn't just makes it completely genius.)

20. Solomon

Solomon Heir

My friend watched the episode with his dad. His dad absolutely could not hear the morse code. They actually played it at that frequency.

The showrunners are pretty nuts sometimes. This show is so good.