1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Person of Interest

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

Epic finale. Song playing towards end matched ending perfectly

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Spoilers for season 4 finale:

The conversation between the Machine and Finch was pretty touching. Reese finally redeemed his lack of badassery over the last season or so. Interesting set-up for next season. Not sure if they're going to bring the Machine back early on, or go most of season 5 without it... if the latter, they're going to have to come up with a new episode structure to replace the numbers.

My personal theory is that they're going to somehow "convert" Samaritan by teaching it morality, either by having the Machine teach it, orusing the Machine's code and inserting it into Samaritan somehow.

3. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Reese in god mode? Probably achieved way past badass status.

4. Infidel

Infidel Auror

Just watched the season finale. While I was bored for some part this season, the ending was great. This show continues to be one of my favorites due to the directions they take it in

I always wanted to watch a show about an AI taking over the world and not by killing everyone around (I'm looking at you Ultron.). Samaritan takes an interesting angle of eliminating what it considers to be the root cause of the problems. I have enjoyed watching each and every one of Samaritans action, such as it's revival of that town, teaching kids, ruthless destruction of dangers to itself, etc.

The Machine, on the other hand has been quite a disappointment this season. Hiding the entire time, taking action only in defense and even being unable to find Shaw. It now has to go against a well entrenched competitor who's looking to kill it while hiding in a box... literally. Its agents have no resources, except for three people. I like seeing two relatively equal opponents fight. The underdog winning each time gets boring. I wanted a good slugfest and as I mentioned in the previous page, the Machine to eat Samaritan alive. That would be glorious.

5. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

I just finished marathoning the show from the beginning and I feel like gushing about it.

Breaking Bad is still the best show I've ever seen but I have to say that POI is my favourite. I've never come across a show that is so good in it's execution. They started as just another CBS procedural show and turned into one of the most intriguing and complex shows on TV. It's amazing how they can give game changer episodes every so often, that raise the stakes and sometimes reinvent the show, and how they make it completely natural. The show also has the best season finales, and even though they raise what's at stake every time I have to say that Firewall is probably still my favourite. Gives me goosebumps every time.

The character work is also superb with evolutions like Fusco's and Root's at the forefront. But the true masterpiece is the work done with the Machine this season. First If-Then-Else taught us that she has a sense of humour and that she really truely cares (based on how hard she tried to save Shaw), then The Cold War, Asylum and YHWH show us that she does what she does because she truly cares for humanity and especially for Team Machine. God Mode Reese anyone?

The music is also amazing, both the soundtrack and the actual songs they use. Perfect choices every where.

I never want to get off Mr Nolan's wild ride.

6. Tapi

Tapi Third Year

7. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I started watching this recently and I'm liking it so far. It's an interesting twist on the "talented person solves crimes" format. I'm on episode 7 and I'm hoping the Count of Monte Christo reference was intentional. Good stuff.

It's season one so someone who's further suggest to me if I'm on the right track here - the Machine is sending Reese and Finch numbers that are actually related to a bigger plot involving Elias, which will be the season finale. End prediction.

8. ScottPress

High Score:
    Well, just finished season one. Was wrong on my prediction, but season finale was baller. Loved the cliffhanger.

In its genre, POI is one of the best shows I've seen. They even had place for a bit of humor with Reese's deadpan delivery. The "I had my yoga class" from the opening of episode 19 was hilarious.

9. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Person of Interest is one of those rare shows that only gets better and never gets worse. If you liked S1 so much then you'll love the rest.

10. Puzzled

Puzzled High Inquisitor

I just bingewatched seasons 1-3 on Netflix, apparently there's some licensing problem with the fourth. It's great how the story line holds together and continuously escalates.

11. ScottPress

High Score:
    This show has me by the balls. I've been spending every bit of free time on the binge. Am halfway through season 2, Prisoner's Dilemma. Awesome episode, stepping away from the usual format. I still can't figure out what the fuck was up with Fusco there. Can someone explain the whole supermodel situation?

12. redlibertyx

redlibertyx Professor

She's a real-life supermodel and Fusco is the goddamn man. Basically a funny B-plot to liven up the A-plot.

13. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Fusco's awesome and the show wants you to know it.

14. ScottPress

High Score:
    Oh, I know Fusco has some awesome moments. I was just surprised, the real life supermodel things and the bad guys after her came out of nowhere in a normally rather serious show.

15. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Watched all 4 seasons and I must say that this show is one of a kind if one can ignore the human like behaviour of AI's.

16. ScottPress

High Score:
    I've never binged so hard in my life. This show is something else. I just got done with The Devil's Share. That opening. Reese going nuts. Fusco officially achieving bad ass motherfucker status and his speech after the fistfight. Goddamn, the feels. When did this show get so good. I don't even. I'll have to finish season 3 today or I won't sleep.

17. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

Your journey has been wonderful to witness! Fusco's speech about the Devil's share is one of my favourite moments in the show. The show got this good towards the end of S2 around when they introduced Shaw.

I pretty sure I watched season 4 in one sitting or something as ridiculous. My memory of it is hazy.

Nae
  18. ScottPress

High Score:
    The last 9 hours were kind of a frenzy. I've never been so invested in a freaking TV show before.

Greer is a goddamn boss, even if I want to violently choke him. He can be so creepy, he's like the devil or something.

"Whoever said I wanted to control it?"

And then

"Question is, what, my dear Samaritan, are your commands for us."

mic drop

HOLY.

FUCKING.

SHIT.

I need a break to process this.

19. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

It's the best show on the planet!

Greer is undoubtedly awesome. But only the second best villain in the show, which says something about the quality of the villains.

Yup that just happened! Now watch season 4.

20. ScottPress

High Score:
    Okay, I've cooled down and watched the first few episodes of season 4. Got a whole weekend ahead of me, so I'll probably be done by tomorrow evening.

I had this massively weird moment earlier today when I looked at the built-in webcam on the laptop and cringed and covered it with my thumb before I shook it off and did an eye-roll. Bizarre.