1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Personal Days by TigerDragon - M - Marvel

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by T3t, Apr 19, 2017.

1. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Personal Days
    Author: TigerDragon
    Rating: M
    Genre: Romance
    Fandom: The Avengers/Agents of SHIELD
    Pairings: Phil Coulson/The Cellist, Clint Barton/Phil Coulson/Natasha Romanov, Natasha Romanov/The Cellist, Clint Barton/Phil Coulson, Clint Barton/Natasha Romanov
    Summary: Phil Coulson is a mature, respectable adult with a top level security clearance and a day job that keeps the free world safe from evil, aliens, destruction and global-scale incompetence. He is not the kind of guy who just falls for a girl out of the blue one day without a very good reason.

At least, that's what he'd tell you.

Link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2325551

This fic is a mostly true-to-life depiction of polyamorous relationship dynamics (with some artistic licence for a bunch of spies being, uh, spies). It's not a how-to guide (for that, I recommend More than Two), but it is an accurate representation of some very complicated, messy, and, of course, fun relationship dynamics. The Cellist depicted here is not the same one as the one in Agents of SHIELD (thankfully - what a boring character).

If this sounds like your thing, then I highly recommend this story. If it doesn't - or if the pairings list turns you off - then please skip it. This is very much a YMMV fic. For me, it is a 5/5.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wavering between 3 and 4 out of 5. On the one hand, I read the whole thing in a couple of hours, and for the most part felt engaged, charmed and amused in more or less equal measure. On the other hand, I felt like most of the more serious moments were kinda rushed, glossed over - it was very handy that when relationship issues did crop up, for the most part, everyone involved either had prior experience of polyamory, was just chill enough to take things in their stride, could be distracted/satisfied with sex, or some combination thereof.

All that said though, it did keep me reading, and it was sweet and funny throughout, which is basically everything it set out to be, so I think I'll err on the side of generosity and go for 4/5

3. Drachna

Drachna Professor

High Score:
    This should have been posted to the other fandoms review board, no?

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Fixed. Now read it and review :) stories are being moved from the library that do not meet current standards for entry. This one probably got sent to the wrong forum by accident.

5. Tomster10010

Tomster10010 Fourth Year

I like it a lot. Doesn't match my experience of polyamory, but it's super cute. Yeah, it's mostly fluff without serious conflict or conflict resolution, but it was fun. 4/5