1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Personality Insight test

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by H_A_Greene, Sep 28, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I was stumbling along reddit's front page when I found a thread on interesting tests to take for one's self. Toward the end I found this little beauty, https://watson-pi-demo.mybluemix.net/.

Now, what you're supposed to do is write some stuff about yourself in there. I knackered about for around 269 words, mostly on my writing habits and achievements, and it gave a decently accurate result, as most of these things tend to do.

Then I started having fun. Throwing some of my various writing pieces at it, which was... amusing. Most recently I plugged in the text of Chasing the Outer Night, a Dresden FIles challenge that I figured best fit the style they were asking after.

Yanno what it gave me?

I dunno, man. Is that sort-of maybe spot-on for Harry Dresden?

So yeah. What do you get out of it?

2. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

You are shrewd and inner-directed.

You are cautious of others: you are wary of other people's intentions and do not trust easily. You are proud: you hold yourself in high regard, satisfied with who you are. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

Experiences that give a sense of connectedness hold some appeal to you.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with taking pleasure in life: you prefer activities with a purpose greater than just personal enjoyment.

That's... remarkably accurate.

I'm probably going to play a little with this with passages from my favourite books.

Harry Potter in OoTP:

You are unconventional.

You are unstructured: you do not make a lot of time for organization in your daily life. You are confident: you are hard to embarrass and are self-confident most of the time. And you are laid-back: you appreciate a relaxed pace in life.

Your choices are driven by a desire for well-being.

You consider helping others to guide a large part of what you do: you think it is important to take care of the people around you. You are relatively unconcerned with achieving success: you make decisions with little regard for how they show off your talents.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I pasted in a selection of DLP and Reddit posts giving opinions on various matters. It came out with:

I can agree with most of it, except the "unconcerned with tradition" part. I'm fairly traditional, I think.

4. crimson sun06

crimson sun06 Order Member

This is what it had to say about me.

Interesting.

5. justsomepeople2

justsomepeople2 Squib DLP Supporter

I suppose it's as accurate as it is vague.

These kind of tests always remind me of horoscopes. They're always deliberately vague so that no matter what kind of person you actually are, you will be able to find some sort of truth in it.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Yeah, I was going to say that. The text is pretty vague. I had more fun with the categories and numbers. Here's the explanation what which one means.

I fed it the third chapter of Traitor's Son, the Fleur scene from TFA, and the 11th chapter of Unatoned. Some values varied, but the most accurate ones always stayed roughly the same.

Self-conciousness is at rock-bottom (1% ... 7%). Sadly, so is self-discipline (but I'm working on that, honest!). Activity level is in the same range too -- I like it relaxed. On the flip side, Harmony is way up in the 90s (according the doc, the ability to appreciate other's POVs), and fluctuating more, but still high (60 ... 80) is Adventurousness (experience new things, since routines are boring), Assertiveness (68 ... 90), and Melancholy (57 ... 70).

What surprised me the most were the quite low scores on Artistic Interests (11 ... 28), and the consistently super high score on Sympathy (87 ... 90). The former is clearly wrong; and as for the latter, I have the sneaking suspicion that the test knows more about me than I do :s

7. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

I don't think I've ever written that many words in one go. Should I just gather a bunch of my posts and paste them all or does it want something coherent?

8. Radmar

Radmar Disappeared

I am not fiery. I feel insulted. That's definitely off. Also, I am not verbose. All the rest is pretty accurate, though. That's strange, considering I've put in only 388 words. I wanted to put in more, but writing 6k words in english would kill me.

edit: In retrospect, maybe it's not so accurate. I don't think I am that boisterous, or intermittent. I would have to write more words.

9. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

@ Nuit: Try it and see what happens :p

I think posts are fine. It tokenizes and compares certain words with models built on scientific analyses and studies. So it doesn't need to be coherent, but it does need to be by you (and better yet, about you, or a part of you, i.e. creative writing, instead of your shopping list).

10. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Well I got ~320 words worth of posts before I got bored...
    And here's with the 168 words about myself that I decided to type on the spot.
    Some things from both but not everything from either, like most people.