1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Photoshop problem

Discussion in 'Graphics Discussion' started by Spanks, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Not sure if this is the place to do it, but I will post anyway, hell I don't even know if anything is wrong in the first place.

I am teaching myself how to use Photoshop and I am having trouble with my brush sizes. I downloaded a couple sets of brushes. When I go to use them they are tiny, minscule even when its size is something like 400. Even when I resize them to 2500 they still are rather small, I can actually see what the brush looks like at 2500, but it is only the size of about a quater. Is there something wrong, or is that just how it is?

2. CGB

CGB Auror

I would suggest to try different brushes (Other downloaded ones, or the ones already installed) and look if you have the same problem with them. At least then you know if there actually is a problem. But I don't know what to do if that's the case.
    Sorry, I could help you further :-/
    Btw: Shouldn't this be in the Support-section?

3. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I have tried about 10 different brush sets and all of them have the same problem. The size of a brush at 2500 is smaller than your avatar.

Is this supposed to be in Support? I looked at the description and saw it said it was stuff for the forum and IRC so I figured it wasn't the place to do it.

4. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Just out of curiosity, what exactly is the scaling of the image you're testing the brushes on? Something tells me it's nowhere near 100%.

5. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Not sure how to check that, I only just started working with this the other day. I noticed something though, when I have a brush open and have it poised over the Render it is huge, but when I have it poised over the signarture to be it is small.

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Well, there should be a percent marker somewhere on the borders of the screen. Maybe in the bottom right corner, or just under the toolbars at the top. I haven't worked with Photoshop 7, but I know that there should be a percent marker somewhere on the screen. That will show you how far scaled down - or up - the image is.

7. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Hmm, all I see is Opacity and Flow with things that have a percent next to them. I am using CS2 9.0 if that makes a difference.

8. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Hm...If I remember correctly, the sizing percent should be in two places, then. First is in the name of the image itself; should be something along the lines of "Blah.psd, ?%." The second should be around the bottom right corner of the window.

9. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

Ahh I found out what's wrong. When I created a new project and it asked me about what dimensions I wanted I kept it in inches. But I changed it to pixels and now it works like I wanted.