1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I think I've come across a fic or two that tried to play off that angle. Now I have to rummage through FFN because what could be more productive than a search for fics that I vaguely remember?

2. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

is there any chance this will be written?

3. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

And Voldemort's attempts to do so come to bite him in the ass in no time...

4. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Probably not. I have two Original Projects that I've just started in January, focusing all of my time there really.

And every time I've tried to do HP Fanfiction, I can never really get into it :(

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

There's a new (old?) trend around which uses an unusual method for creating Points of Divergence for stories.

You take a character from a movie, then you look up the actor playing him and you look up other roles the actor has played.

And then you have them switch bodies.

Let's see how it relates to HP, shall we?

We could have Harry replacing Arthur Kipps from the Woman in Black.

Hermione replacing Nicki Moore, a girl thief obsessed with fame?

How about Voldemort finding himself in the body of M from James Bond?

Dumbledore waking up in the body of Gulliver on the island of Lilliput?

Minerva McGonagall taking over the body of Mrs. Medlock from the Secret Garden?

We could have HP characters in a lot of different settings, having a lot of adventures and changing a lot of lives.

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd like to see Eddie Temple from Layer Cake replaced by Dumbledore.

7. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Voldemort in charge of the Secret Intelligence Service. Now that is damn scary.

8. Steelbadger

Steelbadger Death Eater

Guys, guys.

Mrs. Granger in Westeros.

9. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Best plot bunny you've ever come up with. I'll throw a few more out for good measure:

Slartibartfast as Scrimgeour (this is tremendously epic, IMO. creator of worlds from Hitchhikers Guide for those that don't know/remember)
    Viktor (from Underworld) as Scrimgeour
    Captain Hook as Lucius Malfoy
    Hamish from Braveheart as Alastor Moody

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Piling on:

Bellatrix Lestrange as Queen Elizabeth (The King's Speech)

Severus Snape as Whoever Alan Rickman Played in Love Actually.

11. Andrela

Ah, Bella can appear in so many of Tim Burton's movies...

12. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

Bellatrix Lestrange hooking up with Tyler Durden

Severus Snape vs. John McClane in Nakatomi plaza

conversely, Potions class taught by the Metatron from Dogma

Rubeus Hagrid assisting Det. Abberline to hunt Jack the Ripper [From Hell]

Tonks helping the youngest Stark kids to escape Winterfell

Lucius Malfoy assisting Royalist cavalry to hunt down revolutionary guerilla fighter Benjamin Martin [the Patriot]

conversely, short-tempered firebender Admiral Zhao as a high-ranking Death Eater

Professor McGonagall wakes up as Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham

13. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Oh come on. Let's instead have Hans Gruber or the Sheriff from Prince of Thieves! :D

14. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Here's one: Instead of Tom Riddle becoming Lord Voldemort, he travels to the Republic of Zubrowka after leaving Hogwarts, changes his name to Gustave and runs the Grand Budapest Hotel. And grows an epic moustache, obviously.

15. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

Edward Cullen in the Triwizard Tournament.

Moody as Ken from In Bruges.

Filch as Walder Frey, if you want GOT that's the one you need.

Morgana from The Mists of Avalon as Bellatrix, or the other way. Even though they're nearly both as crazy as each other.

16. Andrela

Filius Flitwick replaces Willow, suddenly making the fantasy tale even more magical.

Sirius Black replaces Commissioner Gordon. Suddenly The Dark Knight has more help than he imagined.

Also, Moody replaces Winston Churchill.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  17. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

During GoF, Barty Jr. is switched out with the Tenth Doctor.

18. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Plot Bunny moved from Voldemort and Blood Status thread.

Voldemort tells Lily that if she kills the rest of her family (her parents and now James are dead) and renounces her muggle-loving ways, he'll spare her son. Knowing the entirety of the prophecy and that Harry could be the future savior of the world, she agrees. Next stop, Privet Drive, where Petunia and Vernon are murdered. Dudley, however, is left alone, as Voldemort has no idea of his existence. (Thus, the interesting symmetry between canon!Harry and Dudley as orphans)

But Voldemort isn't finished there. He gives tiny little baby Harry the dark mark, thus "marking him as his equal" (though there is no horcrux). Voldemort promises to murder Harry in cold blood if Lily so much as thinks about screwing him over, so she cooperates for the most part, only acting against him in small amounts, although her goal is eventually setting up Voldemort's death.

Lily is too distraught after the events of the evening of James and Petunia's deaths to properly explain herself, to the extent that Dumbledore does not pry too much into the events themselves. The only person that knows the total truth is Severus, who vows (unbreakable or not) to keep Harry alive no matter what. (Lily/Severus romance off-screen, with Harry growing up knowing who he is but not at all liking the man).

When he finally enters Hogwarts, the war has been slowly brewing for years. Dumbledore is still at Hogwarts, but his tenuous hold on the school is made much worse by the fact that Voldemort has his eye on taking the Ministry hostage. First year Harry has no idea about the prophecy, either one of Lily's allegiances, or Lily/Snape. He knows his father was killed because of a man named Sirius Black, his best friend in school. (Lily doesn't want him to go spouting Voldemort's name, and she certainly doesn't want the Dark Lord to know she told Harry anything until he's old enough to keep it secret).

First two years pass quickly, Remus and Sirius come into the picture at the end of 3rd year and tell Harry bits and pieces of how Voldemort killed James, though neither have any idea Lily had to kill Petunia to save Harry (and Remus doesn't know about the secret keeper switch). After the death of James, Sirius appeared once Lily and Voldemort were gone to Petunia's and chased Peter down per canon. Sirius acts against Lily because she never came to get him out of Azkaban (this is Voldemort's decision). He thinks she and Peter were working with Voldemort.

Harry doesn't believe it. He wants to ask his mother about Sirius, his father and Peter, but she goes missing (sending him cryptic letters to keep him from thinking she's dead). From there he's forced to stay at the Weasleys (though he doesn't get on with Ron like in canon, he does have a friendship with him and Hermione. in this version of events, I'd see him growing up in a household with friends and all that jazz so he'd be a little more open to other students besides his best friends).

Long story short:

1. Not the Boy Who Lived (yet). It happens during GoF tombstone scene after Voldemort knows Lily fled.
    2. He's much more studious than canon, less likely to run off on his own, but more likely to keep his secrets to himself. He's not telling his friends or Professors anything about anything until he's forced to.
    3. He knows his mother has some type of trust issues with Dumbledore and doesn't trust him implictly.

Haven't thought it all through, but there's something good in there.

19. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Y'know, I really like that idea. The problems I have with it, summed up:
    *The starting premise: that Lily would be coldblooded enough to (presumably brutally) murder her family. We don't know much about her characterization, but that seems a little off.
    *Also, why only give Harry the Dark Mark? Why not Lily, too?
    *Why leave Dudley alive? Seems like a dangling plot hook, but unless he's suddenly a wizard, he's not gonna have much relevance, I think.
    *Lily/Snape. Bah.
    *Why would Lily not tell Dumbledore Sirius is innocent? She knows everything is Peter's fault, after all.
    You definitely have the making of a very interesting (possibly even unique) story there, but it needs some ironing out.

20. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On the Body Swap:

Harry Potter must be on Broadway. Obviously.

Or Draco Malfoy could lead a survivor group in a world overrun by hyper-intelligent apes. Or twist that further and have the world of wizards fall before the unexpected badassery of wand-wielding goblins.