1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'FanFic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Nevermind

Nevermind Second Year

High Score:
    Dark Lord Aconite

2. Padishah Emperor

Padishah Emperor Squib

Remember in the first very first X-men movie, where Magneto's plot is turn to human world leaders into mutants? I think it's plausible that Grindlewald or another dark wizard with similar beliefs could maybe have a similar sort of idea; to ensure wizard control over the human race by just turning all the muggles into wizards.
    You'd have the Ministry suddenly finding a number of adult muggles performing accidental magic, and even a number of Obscurial attacks occurring in front of muggles. The Ministry realise that unless they uncover what or who is causing this to happen, the Statue of Secrecy is probably going to collapse and that the entire population of the world might end up becoming wizards. Thing is, there are several witches and wizards who would actually rather open to the idea of this, and so you'd have debates as to whether the Wizarding world should even stop this from happening. It'd also be interesting to see what exactly the Ministry would do with the ex-muggle witches and wizards, as it would they seem they would have no other option but to try and accommodate them in the magical world.

3. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    Had a thought to use this for something vaguely Potterverse related. Some poor schmucks in the Ministry get assigned to the Arctic Division for [reasons], maybe Harry and Ron for the bromance opportunities being stuck out there and unable to apparate out because it'll screw up whatever the isolation tests are. Maybe they got the short straw at the Auror office in their first year and have to endure the frosty hazing until the tests are done and the regular crews return.

Just an idle idea.

4. Ludwig

Ludwig Third Year

High Score:
    Ok, so I was reading about wands on the HP Lexicon today and I saw that there was information about a secretive Duelling Club called the Silver Spears.

I've been toying with ideas for Post-Voldemort stories I could write and here's what I got so far :

Centered around Harry as an Auror.
    The Silver Spears were mostly wiped out by Voldemort, but now that he is gone they are recruiting again.
    Instead of just being a duelling club, the Silver Spears have more nefarious goals in mind (maybe they could be similar to the Court of Owls?).
    Harry's job is to see if the rumors are true(that they are active again) and stop them from achieving their goal (whatever that may be).

I never read a story with the Silver Spears, but maybe that's because I don't read as much as I used to.

5. Sataniel

Sataniel Seventh Year

High Score:
    If they are supposed to summon a god, I hope you will allow them to do that instead of having Harry stopping them before they succeed.

6. Download

Download Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I think I've said it before but I want to do a dysfunctional Harry/Hermione not relationship with a time-travel mechanic just like Temporal Beacon.

Basically Harry and Hermione see each other as siblings, but repeated time-loops mean they simply can't form meaningful relationships with anyone because everyone dies. So they're in a sort of "friends with benefits" thing but are disgusted with themselves over it. But at the same time have no one else they can form relationships with. I also considered a Madoka Magica cross/inspired fic in a similar vein.

7. Donimo

Donimo Seventh Year

Considering themselves as family doesn't mean they'd be disgusted. They could be unhappy with the situation though, since as much as they love each other they aren't in love. The inability to change their circumstance, and using each other as an outlet for their frustrations, would make for a great undercurrent to their relationship as they try to do whatever it is they're doing.

8. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Has a True Genderflip AU ever been attempted? By "true" I mean that all canon characters are of the opposite gender in this AU, instead of just Harry and/or Voldemort.

In any case, I'd like to read something like that.

Though perhaps without cringe-worthy names like "Hermes" for male!Hermione or "Tomi" for fem!Voldemort.

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Chief Warlock

Not a complete flip...

Harry Potter and the distaff side. Been a while since I read it, but I think most people are gender flipped, apart from Luna, and verse-travelling HP.
    There's also gender role flipping too