1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'FanFic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Lindsey

Lindsey Death Eater

I was thinking more along the lines that the ripples in his first year end up making huge waves later on. It's not that he is trying the same things over and over again but the situation has changed so much, he no longer can predict or stop anything and without his friends, he doesn't have the support which allowed him to win the first time. Such as, perhaps due to Harry's new personality, or trying to go after Peter and failing due to being in Slytherin, Peter leaves before the Weasley's go to Egypt and thus, Sirius never escapes and Harry has no proof about his innocence.

As for Dumbledore... that is the biggest problem. You really need to remove him from the equation. You would almost need him to die very early because of the changes for this to work.

2. Flurol

Flurol Squib

High Score:
    There's a film, I can't remember the name, where the government gets a bunch of inmates to be some sort of special crime fighting team. One that can be sent to do the dirty jobs, the ones governments can't be seen to sanction. I would love to see Fudge (or perhaps a different Minister as this is a little bold for him) free some non-death eater criminals from Azkaban before the mass breakout. Then follow them as they do their best to disrupt and destroy the uprising. With a range of talents backgrounds and crimes it could showcase a whole load of different magics.

3. BTT

BTT Death Eater

Suicide Squad?

4. Flurol

Flurol Squib

High Score:
    Yeah, that films actually right on the money plot wise, but i was sure the film i watched didn't have supervillians or powers or anything. Maybe i'm going a bit mad.

5. Sataniel

Sataniel Seventh Year

High Score:
    How is that a problem when he knows the type of passwords Dumbledore uses or can catch him after one of the Feasts?

I would like to take this moment to say that it still pains me that In Essence Divided (which featured similar idea) is dead.

I would also like to take this moment to say that I'm still mad that the movie version had them fighting evil god instead of doing dirty work that government can't be associated with.

6. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    Harry Potter meets Max Max. Muggle society goes boom, takes wizarding society out with it, albeit slower in the inevitable descent into anarchy. Nuclear fallout doesn't quite destroy magic but let's just handwave it and say it takes a hell of a lot of magic to keep the radiation and such from poisoning the entire world, and by the time that the story opens, very few areas and witches and wizards are still thriving.

My thoughts for the story is that a mid-to-late twenties, maybe early thirties, Harry Potter is roaming the wastelands of England. Say he used to be an Auror(because it parallels Max as a cop) before he was dismissed/exiled whatever by a corrupt element in the struggling Ministry. His wand is probably snapped to reduce his active ability to use magic.

His goal is to survive, find another wandmaker, find another home where society hasn't gone completely off the rocker. His main threat is some jumped up Death Eater who has managed to claw their way to power in this broken society following Harry's exile, someone who pretty much rules like Voldemort had during 1997-98. Getting that fucker out of power will offer Harry a means of returning to the life he used to lead, if he still wants it, or pressing on now that he has a wand and no one actively gunning for his head.

7. El-Bandito

El-Bandito Muggle

Max Max or Mad Max?

8. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    More original trilogy than Fury Road, if that's what you're asking.

9. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Slug Club Member

Don't know if this has ever been done before but here goes nothing: At the night of his resurrection, Lord Voldemort finds to his horror that the blood protection he used to create his new body works a little too well, and that it will even act to protect Harry from itself. Or Voldemort learns that because of the blood protection towards Harry Potter in his system, he actually can't/isn't able to kill Harry, no matter how much he wants to.

This would try to keep everyone with their canon characterizations, the only difference if Voldemort's own body prevents him from trying to harm Harry in any way (an example is that when he aims a spell, no matter how hard he tries, the blood protection makes it so that he keeps missing Harry), even outright forcing him against his will to defend Harry if need be. Also, though Voldemort can verbally ask someone else to kill Harry, his body will then force him to protect Harry, and essentially kill the person he asks to kill Harry.

The closest analogy I can think of to this situation that I could use as a comparison is the three laws of robotics, with Voldemort representing the robot bound by the three laws, Harry the human the laws bound the robot/Voldemort to protect, and the blood protection the laws itself.

Voldemort's goal in the story is therefore trying to find a way to both complete his goals in a way that doesn't bother the blood protection, and to try to make so that the blood protection no longer can control him, thus allowing him to kill finally Harry, while at the same time keeping the benefits of the protection in order to be able to touch Harry.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  10. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

@Nerdman3000
    I haven't seen that done yet, pretty original idea!