1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Threa(d/t) V

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Minion, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love fics where Harry is messing with Hermione. So go ahead and write it.

2. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

After Arianna Dumbledore dies, Albus decides to go on that world trip he postponed in order to get his mind out of it. He hears rumors of Gellert's whereabouts while in the continent, not good rumors at that. Feeling responsible for him and wanting to know what happened that night, he goes to confront him. Basically, Albus traveling across the world following Grindewald's trail and foiling his different plots. Shows different magical cultures, how Albus earns some money from time to time and learns new magics while also investigating an enemy on his level both magically and intellectually while they both make names for themselves. Sometimes Dumbledore wins, sometimes he loses and it would probably be a long while before he can actually prove that his enemy is guilty of anything.

3. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

This reminds me of the bit in A Black Comedy.

4. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

You know I had stuff to do today. Important things. Things that had nothing to do with reading A Black Comedy again.

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Plot Bunny for Easter:

Tom Marvolo Riddle story set in a world where Grindelwald rose to power earlier and managed to take over the world. Would also feature Europe completely taken over by Nazis (in turn secretly ruled by Gellert).

Some possibilities could feature Dumbledore and various British and French characters having relocated to North America. Or you could have Dumbledore dead, that works too.

6. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

I'm not sure why Grindelwald would have to rise to power earlier. Personally, I'd like to see him come to power and take over Hogwarts during Riddle's school years, perhaps when he's set the basilisk loose.

Instead of North America I'd go more specifically with Canada or the Caribbean to avoid the US-fixes-it angle. Or you could have them remain in their respective occupied countries as a resistance movement. Personally I'd avoid America altogether and have them go to Africa or India if you wanted them overseas.

7. Andrela

I wanted it to happen earlier so that Riddle enters a changed wizarding Britain and forms different opinions due to different experiences.

I also dislike the US-fixes-it angle, that's why I specifically said North America instead of the US.

In fact, in my personal headcanon I suspect that magical Britain rules over Canada and maybe even the US.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Isn't this plot bunny just The Skitterleap?

9. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

You can still do that using a canon compliant timeline. If Grindelwald takes over Hogwarts I imagine Riddle's final years would be very different. If you set it around his Fifth Year (about 1943 I think) Riddle wouldn't be as hard to redeem since he hadn't, at that point, murdered anyone.

That said, he's still a racist and a budding dark wizard. The story would, I imagine, be character driven, with his re-evaluation of his beliefs being central to the plot. I'd say that it'd be a better story if it started when Riddle was older.

If you want Riddle to form different opinions from the outset you could make it a Dumbledore-mentors-Riddle fic but that's just a cheap substitute for Dumbledore-mentors-Harry.

10. Andrela

Was Skitterleap Riddle centric?

11. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Ruling from the secret doesn't seem much like Grindelwald.

And yeah, very similar to Skitterleap. Not that I'd complain if another fic with a similar premise started.

12. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

No, it was Harry centric. It also started when he was an adult.

The main similarities between your bunny and Skitterleap are Grindelwald ruling Europe, though in Skitterleap he did it openly, and Riddle changing his attitudes.

13. Andrela

That's fine, it sounds interesting...
    ...oh.

14. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So idea:

Harrys name comes out of the Goblet and everyone decides that they must now hate Harry, the slandering the newspaper a little harsher , but Voldemort needs Harry as a hero for the ritual to work so he sends out Barty to make Harry a hero without giving away the game. Many wacky hijinks happen.

15. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

This is less a plot bunny and more a question about a plot point within a larger bunny:

Is it possible to have Harry discover he's a metamorphmagus post-Fifth Year without it being totally cliche?

16. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

That would be pretty difficult. You'd need to ignore how that particular ability seems to work in canon and change it or come up with something unrelated to Harry growing his hair back that one time as a kid because that's been used to death as an example of him using it before that point. Then you would have to deal with the fact that so many of those early Harry/Tonks fics started by using this a device to get them together.

With that being said, anything is possible if you are creative enough. I would have said making a decent fic with a soul bond was impossible until I read Error of the Soul.

17. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And how exactly do you know that?

18. Andrela

This was going to be Draco's first night at his father's side during this glorious holiday.

Some of his friends have already participated last year, though there were also those who like Draco would enjoy their first time tonight.

He stood on the balcony of the Malfoy Manor, already prepared with a white mask on his face and the expensive, dark robes keeping his body warm.

As if on cue, there was an explosion in the sky which quickly transformed into a sickly green skull, eating a snake.

And then Draco heard a voice in his head, seemingly coming from everywhere and nowhere at once.

This is not a test.

This is the Severe Situation Sound announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge, sanctioned by the Ministry of Magic.

Unforgivable spells and Dark Magic have been authorized for use during the Purge. The Fidelius Charm remains restricted.

Commencing at the Scream, any and all crime against muggles and squibs, including murder, will be legal for 12 continuous hours.

A Global Memory Charm and a Global Fidelius will be re-cast on the muggle population tomorrow morning at 7 am, when the Purge concludes.

Blessed be the Dark Lord and Britain, a nation reborn.

Magic is Might.

As the Dark Mark in the sky opened its mouth to reveal thousands of snakes emerging from it, Draco heard an unearthly scream as if the very hounds of hell were invading the heavens.

This was it, this was going to be his night.

He apparated and it began.

19. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    As far as I remember, Dumbledore and Grindelwald's plans in DH centred around overthrowing the Statute of Secrecy and place wizards as benolevent rulers. It has been a while, though.

20. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can see Draco being the blond creep from the film. Trying so hard to be threatening that he comes off as almost hilarious, were it not for the deadly weapon he wields.