1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Thread: Other Fandoms

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Oneiros, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

A plot bunny for GoT/ASoIaF.

Jon Snow for the President!

The humanity survived the second Long Night, if barely. The Others aren't completely defeated, once again just forced to their land of winter. One day they will be back, but it won't be Jon's problem. Or so he thinks.

Years pass and while everyone around him get older, Jon looks exactly as he did when he was resurrected, but it's an accident that should kill him confirms his suspicions. He's immortal.

The world changes around him. At first it's slow transformation, but after few amazing inventions, it speeds up.

There is even a new continent discovered in the west, one that after a while declares itself independent from its Westerosi kings.

It's where Jon finds himself when he starts having dreams of the Others. While the world doesn't dismiss their existence or existence of magic, they feel secure because of their superior technology. They put a man on the Moon and have atomic bombs. How some medieval demons could possibly threaten them?

The fact that no man ever managed to return from the Land of Always Winter and it's a completely blank spot to their electronic devices is left unspoken.

Jon is aware of what their arrogance may cause and decides that whether he wants it or not, he needs to make sure they're ready. For this reason, after avoiding it for better part of his immortal life, he once again enters politics.

While it managed to become a lot less bloody since the times of the wars for the Iron Throne, it's as ruthless as ever.

Most fun in this bunny would be from doing exactly what GRRM did in his books, only for later centuries. Taking a little bit of this or that, mixing it with something new and creating a history of the world of ice and fire up to their version of our XXI century which I would put around XI century in their calendar.

Because some could have an issue with reading a fic with dozens of OC and just one character from the books, there is a cheat for that. After living hundreds of years in ever changing world, Jon longs for familiarity and is not exactly sane. For this reason, he often associates people around him with people from his past. The outspoken VP candidate who loves drinking and women is obviously Tyrion reborn, but funnily enough, especially to Jon, his cold and ambitious wife is Cersei.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

After he dies at the end of Goldeneye, Alec Trevelyan wakes up in the body of Eddard Stark a year before Jon Arryn dies.

It'd be interesting to see a less-than-honorable Bond Villain who has no knowledge of the ASoIaF books try to make the best of this situation.

3. Celestin

Would you have him grounded to the ASoIaF level of realism or let him be on his Bond level of skill based on what other '00' can do in Brosnan's films? I would go with the second option because it would make it different from other fics with modern people inserted into this world.

4. Andrela

He's a highly trained former agent who was able to go toe to toe with James Bond. Of course I'd go with the second option :)

5. Alpaca Queen

Alpaca Queen Fourth Year

Was reading this altpower Worm fic (not that good, maybe 3/5 at best) where Taylor has the power to play a new random card from the Yu-Gi-Oh wiki each day. It's kinda bad, but I think I do actually really want a Yu-Gi-Oh/Worm crossover. Not a cross with the anime everyone knows, though - a cross with the manga (or, if you prefer, the original 1998 anime) where Yami Yugi fucking sets a dude on fire in a burger shop.

Basically, even though the card games get introduced later in the manga, the series is originally Yugi and his friends getting beaten around by some bullies, and then challenging them as his alter ego to shadow games with dangerous outcomes and penalties for breaking the rules.

Meanwhile, Worm is Taylor and her friends getting beaten around by some "bullies", and then challenging them as her alter ego to cape fights with dangerous outcomes and penalties for breaking the rules.

It wouldn't honestly be that difficult to fuse the two. Even just an altpower where Taylor has the power to impose rules upon everyone in a fight, with proportional punishments for breaking them, would be pretty interesting.

6. Andrela

Plot bunny:

Gravity Falls / Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Mabel Pines is the Slayer and an unusually young one at that.

The source of all weirdness in Gravity Falls is a local hellmouth which was studied by Stan until he discovered an ancient demon Bill Cipher.

Oh and for shits and giggles Mabel's watcher is Wendy while Dipper is training to become one.

7. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can't see dipper wanting to be a watcher for long when he discovers how the Council operates. Unless this is post the Council's destruction.

8. Andrela

I was thinking a fusion. Basically Mabel becomes the slayer instead of Buffy and the entire timeline is pushed forward from the 90s to the 2010s to fit Mabel's birthdate.

What would you suggest for Dipper instead? A Xander-like situation?

9. Download

High Score:
    Dipper is far to into research and the like. He'd be like a male version of Willow.

---------- Post automerged at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:29 ----------

I think. I still haven't seen season two and it's been a while since i saw season one.

10. Andrela

Back to the Post-Apocalyptic Future​

"Marty, you have to go back with me!"

"Where?"

"Back to the future! Go ahead, quick, get in the car."

"Wait a minute, Doc. I just got here, Jennifer's here, we're gonna take the new truck for a ride."

"Well, bring her along, this concerns her too. And, well, all of us really."

"Wait a minute, Doc. What are you talking about? What happens to us in the future, do we become assholes or something?"

"Bad things, Marty. Worst things imaginable."

"Hey, Doc, you better back up, you won't have enough road to get up to 88."

"Roads? Marty, I'm sorry but where we're going, there are no more roads..."

[​IMG]

Marty McFly after arriving on October 21st, 2015 in the ruined New York City. Photograph taken by his girlfriend Jennifer Parker.​

"Doc, Doc! What happened here? Why is everything in ruins? What year is this?!"

"October 21st, 2015. Precisely ten years after a global war ended civilization as we know it. I needed you to see it, to understand what the price is."

"This is heavy, Doc. How it could have happened? Was it the Russians?"

"No, Marty. It was us."

"Americans?! But why would we-"

"No, Marty. I mean us, you and me. We did this."

"What?! But how, was it something I did in the 50s? Something with my parents?"

"No. When I originally went to the future, it was a magnificent world with flying cars, holograms and all sorts of amazing technology. But your life and the life of your kids was ruined due to several bad life choices. So I went back and took you and Jennifer to the future in an attempt to fix it."

"Did we fail?"

"No, we were successful, your life was fixed. But somehow when we returned to our time we must have done something that changed history so much that it resulted in a global war."

"How come I don't remember any of this, Doc?"

"We were separated during our journey and I lost you. Now I want to start from the beginning, we must find out what went wrong."

11. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, that's fantastic. I would watch that movie and enjoy the fuck out of it.

12. Andrela

Here's an interesting scenario that I haven't seen done yet: Nazi Stargate.

The Germans already had the DHD since 1906 but they were missing the gate.

What if the Giza Stargate was discovered later, not by Langford but by the Nazis?

After some research the connection between the two objects is discovered and the Nazis manage to start their own Stargate Program.

Since the Third Reich isn't the friendliest bunch, it would be interesting to see how they deal with the wider galaxy and the knowledge that most of it is under Goa'uld rule.

13. Download

High Score:
    I'm pretty certain I've seen that over on Alternate History.

14. Andrela

I'm pretty certain that doesn't mean anything. Very few stories on that site are good...
    (I've seen it too)

15. Download

High Score:
    I can't dispute that.

Just this morning I asked a user to write with some basic paragraph structuring so my eyes would stop bleeding which lead to people telling me to stop criticising the writer :facepalm

16. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, you did say it in a needlessly inflammatory way. If you had said "If you used basic paragraph structure (then provide examples) it would be much easier to read the story, and easier on the eyes".

17. Download

High Score:
    I exaggerated here. It would be best to assume that what I wrote here isn't what I said to the person.

18. Andrela

A Gravity Falls AU

Perpetual Falls

Stan doesn't ruin Ford's Perpetual Motion Machine and Ford is accepted to West Coast Tech. Eventually this leads to Ford becoming a world-famous scientist and a millionaire, with his family also reaping the benefits.

However, Ford's passion for the paranormal and unexplained remains and he eventually goes to Gravity Falls. But this time it is not as a lone man, but with his brother Stan and a full team of researchers.

Thanks to Ford's money and influence, Gravity Falls grows into a bigger city and more people move to it. Even Stan gets money from Ford and builds his own boxing gym.

The Portal machine is eventually built, though this time with governmental oversight. Ford doesn't fall into it, but Bill Cipher does emerge from it and is seen by everyone and well documented.

After some initial problems and Bill's eventual treachery, he is sealed back into his dimension by Stan and Ford, but vows to come back one day.

Since Gravity Falls got a larger population, this also meant that the police force is bigger, better funded and more competent. They were able to detect some illegal activities in the Northwest Family and Pacifica's father was arrested and put in prison.

When Dipper and Mabel arrive in Gravity Falls in modern day, they don't find the Mystery Shack, but Ford's Mystery Institute.

Here's what happens to some other main characters in the Perpetual Falls AU:

Wendy - A student and junior researcher at Ford's institute. Nerdy with a lab-coat and glasses.

Robbie - Also started studying hard to impress Wendy.

Soos - Works with Stan at Stan's boxing gym. Muscular and good fighter.

Gideon - Since he never found Ford's journal, he founded his own research center to discover how to summon Bill and use him for power. He's the Evil Scientist of the setting.

Pacifica - The Northwests lost a large amount of their fortune after Pacifica's father was arrested and Pacifica became much more modest and friendly.

19. Celestin

Since even GRRM mentioned it, how about GoT/Westworld.

I'll wait with figuring out the plot till we actually discover the mysteries of the new HBO series, but the other challenge is in creating the park's narrative. Since people would want it to be GoT park, not Westeros park, it needs to have popular characters included, but at the same time meeting all them shouldn't be that easy. Recent episodes proved that Westworld is indeed like a game and while the Man in Black is high level player who makes it all look easy, others can, and actually do, get hurt if their more difficult missions go south.

The same should be with this park. The reward for completing their quests is getting to places that others can't simply visit, like beyond the Wall for example, or interacting with some characters. Though not necessary the most popular because we want every customer to be happy after visiting the park. Let them easily meet Jon and Tyrion, but meeting Dany or Cersei is a part of challenge.

The other problem is loops. I don't think it should be one loop containing the entire story because it's too long for the guests to enjoy. Instead I would have few time periods, maybe the pre War of the Five Kings, the War and the post War, each ending with it's own final even that the players can affect if they choose to. Helping Arya is fairly easy, Sansa a lot harder and saving Ned or even helping him win the game is the challenge for the best players, especially when unlike other missions you have only one try.

After the event, there is a reset and change of the setting, and for another month the visitors can partake in mission happening in different time, trying to help Starks survive the Red Wedding.

A little meta point of fic could be that everyone is waiting for the fourth and final setting which will involve Dany's invasion and the White Walkers' attack, but it's been 10 years since the last addition.

The mother of dragons could have Dolores' role from the show whatever that will finally be, with her quest of self discovery and a journey that never reaches its destination.

20. Andrela

The American Kek​

In the universe of Neil Gaiman's American Gods the beliefs of humans make gods real. The more people believe in a god the more real and powerful that god is. Sometimes there are even several versions of the same gods, depending on varying beliefs.

As beliefs in old gods like Norse Odin, Greek Zeus or Egyptian Ra faded, so have these gods. They haven't died completely but instead simply became mortal or near-mortal men with very few abilities.

Of course some, like Jesus still stay strong, though warped by modern versions of faith (American Jesus wears a baseball cap and isn't what you'd think).

But new gods have arisen too. The titular American Gods:

The Technical Boy is a god of computers and the internet. As the personification of the internet, he resembles the stereotype of a fat, arrogant, basement-dwelling internet poster, who dresses like characters from The Matrix because he thinks it makes him look cool.

Media is a goddess of television. She is able to appear on any screen she wants and therefore observe all those in front of it. She can take any form, often choosing attractive female characters from fiction or appearing as a news anchor.

The Black Hats, known as Mister World, Mister Town, Mister Wood and Mister Stone exist out of America's obsession with Black helicopters and the Men in Black. They work as spooks for the new gods.

It is the year 2016 and something dark has emerged from the deepest bowels of the internet.

The Egyptian god Kek who is the deification of primordial darkness in the Ancient Egyptian Ogdoad cosmogony finds himself empowered again but also transformed. For he no longer is worshiped by Egyptians and their Pharaohs.

Instead, the movement known as the Alt-Right has chosen him as their savior. Not deliberately at first, of course. Like with all internet memes this was purely accidental.

A cartoon frog named Pepe had been chosen by the Alt-Right as their leading symbol. This combined with the belief in "meme magic" (a concept which assumes that widespread internet memes have the power to affect reality) had eventually led to some making a discovery that there had existed an ancient Egyptian god with the head of a frog called Kek. This came off as a bit of a shock given that in the Alt-Right the word Kek had been already used as an expression of great amusement.

Convinced that this could not be a coincidence, the Cult of Kek was born. Eventually thousands if not millions of Alt-Righters started worshiping Kek, calling for him, chanting his name and begging him for altering reality with Meme Magic. And their belief brought fruit.

Kek is once more a frog god, but this time with red lips and big, comical eyes of Pepe. And Kek dreams of an infinite flow or repeating digits, for doubles, trips, quads, quints and other repetitions are a part of Meme Magic and have power in the eyes of the Alt-Right.

The Alt-Right Kek is not only a god of darkness now, but a god of memes, of trolling, of nationalism and racism. And so he uses his newfound powers to lead the Alt-Right.

With Donald Trump's victory in the Presidential Election, perhaps caused by Kek himself, the Alt-Right gains even more members and Kek himself more followers. And so his powers grow while the Old and New Gods look at him with envy and resentment...​

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016