1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by redshell, Nov 9, 2009.

1. redshell

redshell Order Member

Eh, well, this one's been bugging me for a while now and I figured I'd post it up here. Most of you will probably say it sucks, but whatever. It's an AU, and here's a brief plot synopsis for it.

Plot:

After the Valley Of The End, Naruto is thrown into prison. Because Konoha no longer has a viable jinchuuriki, Kumo and Iwa declare war on Konoha. One of Kumo's first moves is to take the prison. Upon identifying Naruto as Konoha's jinchuuriki, they take him back to Kumo, where he is given two choices. Join Kumo against Konoha, or die. Because of his spending several years in a prison, he has become much more coldhearted and cutthroat, so he accepts. He is on the front lines of the war, eventually being forced to fight members of the rookie 9. It's at this point that Iwa would betray Kumo, and attempt to sweep in and destroy Kumo while Kirabi, Naruto, and Yugito are all out atttempting to break the Konoha line.

Well...that's what I have so far. If anyone wants to take this on, I'd much appreciate it, as I'm not much of a writer myself. The only stipulations I really have about it is it cannot be Naruto/Sakura or Naruto/Hinata, and Naruto being any more powerful than a Kage or Sannin isn't happening. Thanks for your time.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No. No. No.

Any story that starts with Naruto being thrown in prison because of the Valley of the End is automatically retarded and should never be written. Also, the Nibi, the Hachibi and the Kyuubi all attacking one village would be overkill in the extreme. Hell, even the Kyuubi by itself was only taken down because Minato was such a badass at sealing. As strong as Tsunade is, she wouldn't stand a chance against Kyuubi!Naruto (Jiraiya and Orochimaru could only barely handle him in his Yonbi stage, never mind any higher than that).

3. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Agree. Might as well have Akatsuki join Konoha to fight against Kumo too while you're at it.

4. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

And why exactly you came up with this plot? Valley of The End was a idiotic battle, twisted inside the hideous "lets get sasuke back" crap we had until now on Naruto. In fact, there are numerous fics on ff.net that start much like you sugested, with Naruto getting locked up/beaten/exiled from Konoha and most of them suck.

Still, if you really want to see your plot, I say you write it. Think about the reasons why things would happen as you want then to until you come up with a halfway decent plot and get to it. If you find the story lacking, rewrite it again and again until you get it the way you want it to be. You will never change from being "not much of a writer yourself."

As to your "request", and why would Naruto attack Konoha if he was not as strong as a kage/sannin? Even if we rule out the recent Sage training, He always were a fucking monster in terms of strength, only unrefined. Which would change if anyone planned on using him to lay siege to a Hidden Village.

And you do really need a plot. Training to attack Konoha and the conflict it would cause if he fought against his friends is not much of one. Not to mention that kyuubi-enhanced Naruto would slaughter every single member of rookie 9.

Edit: Shit, you got me in the mood to go over my last attempt on a Naruto fanfiction.

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Not to mention that, from what we've seen of Killer Bee and Yugito, they could probably train Naruto to use the Kyuubi's power without going psycho in the process, which eliminates the only real weakness of Kyuubi!Naruto.

As others have said, Naruto getting imprisoned after the Valley of the End is fairly difficult to do while keeping the story remotely plausible. Most of the stories that work off that premise seem to conveniently foget that his mission was to bring Sasuke back by force and that Tsunade would never allow Naruto to be imprisoned like that.