1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by PomMan, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Which version are you planning to get?

1. Sun

48.8%
  2. Moon

51.2%
  1. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Also you can instead SOS chain the Pokemon that can hold the item and switch in Exeggutor with Frisk to check to see if it has it. Removes a lot of the thing with wondering whether they have it. And if Jangmo-o SOS's in a Kommo-o then Kommo-o has a 50% chance of holding it.

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I used a Butterfree with Thief and just stole during the SoS chains until I got what I needed. Worked out pretty well.

3. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

[​IMG]

This is the first time I've actually had the shiny charm in a game! And about 28 eggs later, it pays off:

[​IMG]

I got narrowly lucky here. I'd only just finished breeding in its nature! But this mareanie has its hidden ability as well as its relevant egg move. I'm very pleased.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well shit, I always thought it was the NAT Dex that you got the shiny charm for. Never bothered going for it. :/

5. irrelevance

irrelevance First Year

It was, but they got rid of the National Dex in this game.

6. Rehio

High Score:
    Whew.

[​IMG]

And with that, along with the Pokemon I've got in the bank, I should have every single one.

Hopefully. I do have the National Dex completed in ORAS, so I should be all caught up, but damn I do not want to go through the Pokemon Bank reordering all of them for easy reading. Maybe some other time. D:

7. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

So I'm about half an hour in. Been busy with work so haven't had a chance and when pokemon reddit got crazy with the alolan exxeggutor meme I unsubscribed, which killed most of the hype in my personal intake so my personal hype train died.

Just finished the trainer school and I'm really unimpressed, uninspired, and bored. My hand is being held SOOOOO much more than I remember in any other game, the "switchup" from the traditional 8 badges is throwing me off, and in general it feels like my game is running just slowly. Load times between entrances/exits seems sluggish, every pokemon battle seems sluggish, the talking rotom is annoying excess, and so I guess....

does it get better? Is it worth it continuing? I think the pace of general play from the switching in and out of wild pokemon battles is the most frustrating thing.

---------- Post automerged at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

It's like a month late, but if you still have some I'd love one.

8. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I have tons! Do you want a male or female? Beast Ball (blue, futuristic looking) or a Love Ball (pink)? I've nicknamed all of them, but if you want a different nickname or no nickname, just ask.

9. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Female, love ball, your pick on name!

Friend code is 2810-0164-4165

I'm online now but I think I need to go through the tutorials in the plaza.

edit: okay I'm good to go whenever!

edit 2: I'm really not sure what to do actually.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  10. Vira

High Score:
    My friend code is 3325-2527-7532.

The Friend Plaza is weird. If I can remember, you go into the main place / the castle and wait for the other person to appear.

---------- Post automerged at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Oh, you need to be connected to the internet. Then you'll show up on a list and I can trade with you.

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Thanks! New starter imo

12. Vira

High Score:
    No problem! I hope you enjoy. :)

13. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In regards to your earlier comments, it's the best game in years and if you stick with it to the end of the first island you'll start to get a sense as to why. It helps that the game is literally falling down with amazing Pokemon from early on. Wild Bible and Bagon on the first island? That's a thing.

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Try to stick it out for at least until the second island - which shouldn't be too much longer (maybe 2 hours more or so? It depends on how much you grind/explore I guess). From there the handholding gets much much less annoying and the game opens up a lot more.

As for the running slowly, won't lie, the game will chug slowly sometimes on even the n3DS. They added trainers to battles which is why it's a bit slow - I guess try the usual of turning off battle animations and seeing if that helps?

Personally I felt it was worth it, but if you still hate it after 4/5 hours then stop, it's probably not going to get better.

15. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I stuck with it and I'm sure most of this has already been covered in the thread but it certainly gets better. That first bit is a SLOG through.

One issue I have (that I always have to some degree), more due to my nature of trying to complete what portions of the pokedex I can on my way through as I move through a zone, which leads to a lot of sticking around, but in this game particularly, has led to me getting very overleveled in comparison. But it's certainly interesting having access to multiple ghost types before level 10.

I just beat the volcano trial and I LOVE the ride system, bringing back feelings from HGSS with the pokemon followers and vastly improving the HM system. The humor in the game is more on point and I really enjoy the corniness of some parts. I love team skull. I like the bad rival in Glacion and I like that he doesn't appear to challenge you right away with your rival starter.

I've had to change the way I approach the games, taking the game slower. I'm grinding less and focusing on the dex more. I've turned on battle animations and I'm spending less time on repetitive processes (although catching that goddamn feebas was a bitch.)

My biggest complaint currently is that I'm not finding the challenge yet, which is normal for a pokemon game I guess, but trials aren't as "fun" for me as gym battles. I hope that improves and an elite 4 of some sort are available at the end. I'm still playing mostly spoiler free. I look up an area as I get to it to see the pokemon tables, since they have so many rare ones.

Overall it's been a lot of fun. It's very different from previous gens, and the new process for catching pokemon (catch, registered animation, rotom piping in, read data, nickname, transfer) is so slow, but when I approach it with a different mindset, I'm enjoying it.

Also loving some of the new typings and alolan forms are making me vastly reconsider my choices. Arcanine is always one of my go-to pokemon, but I'm considering leaving him behind for the poison/fire lizard. I chained into an Espeon but now I'm not sure if I want any single-type pokemon in my party. It's probably the first time I haven't immediately been able to decide which pokemon to keep/train when I come across them.

16. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Make sure your poison/fire lizard is female.

This has been a public service announcement to all players going through this blind. :)

17. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Looked it up. Well, shit. I haven't played since I caught it at least so I can go back and find another I guess.

Thanks for the PSA!

18. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Little brother caught a male, and levelled it with the rest of his team. When it got to level 40 he asked me if I knew when it evolved, because he was tired of waiting and didn't want to search it up himself, because then he'd plan his entire team out online.

19. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Churchey, there is an Elite Four. Mainly, I would stick around for the plot. Lillie and Gladion are both interesting characters who basically inspire me to write Pokemon Fanfiction again.

20. Rehio

High Score:
    I bring news of Great Victory in the Battle Tree.

Holy shit, it took some effort and about two weeks to get that 50-win streak and face Red in the final battle.

Special shoutout to the asshole trainers around level 40 that had teams full of legendaries. Latios and Latias my ass. Also the bastard who had Regigigas and Zapdos in his team.

But I managed it, and damn it feels good. :D