1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon World Online

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Skykes, May 29, 2012.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Check it out here. They are being really stingy with beta keys, but I just got invited. Playing now, it's a lot of fun, albeit a bit laggy.

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Is this even legal? It seems like gamefreak might want to hold the rights to the first, or any, pokemon MMO.

3. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Seems boring as hell and even slower than just playing the handheld.

4. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Is this at all like Pokemon Crater?

Well, tried requesting a key anyway... we'll see how it goes. How long did it take you to get yours, Skykes?

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I played it when it just came out. (two years ago?) Way too laggy. Filled with 12-yr olds spamming the chat all the time and worst of all, uninteresting. I spent a few hours on it but found nothing appealing, no hook.

And yes, Palindrome, at that time it was basically PokemonCrater but you could move around in real-time.

However its been a while, so I requested a key too. Let's see if it has gotten better.

6. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Damn, registration is bitch. What's up with the changing symbols to R's, etc.

Anyway key just arrived. Curious if it's any better than the other online pokemon games.

Edit: Ok. Don't know what went wrong but apparently my working registration key ,just when I was deciding my name, suddenly can't be found. So no game for me.

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  7. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I tried playing it for a bit and it was pretty boring. I'd rather just go back and play the old games.

8. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I requested a key and got emailed almost instantly.

9. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Tried playing this. So many flaws! It's kind of awful. Not as bad as pokemon crater, but worse in some ways.

The interface looks pretty at first, but it soon becomes clear it's just that: this thing is awkward and unwieldy, out of battle you can use arrows to navigate and then you have to switch to mouse while in battle. Using drop down lists, of all things. Drop down lists. Eugh.

The biggest part of why I don't like this is that battling is now just tedious and slow. The reported actions lag behind the video, and it won't quit the battle until the reported actions catches up. You just end up waiting around for ages while it does nothing.

Servers are slow and down frequently. The game contains a fuckton of spelling and grammar mistakes - looks like ten year olds wrote the lines after you get past the more polished 'into' place.

The whole game feels messy and unresponsive and boring.

Honestly... just not worth playing, to anyone tempted to try and get a key for this.

10. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't got the key yet but I planned to try again. >_>