1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Polywank by LizardLaugh - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Skeletaure, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Polywank
    Author: LizardLaugh
    Rating: M
    Library Category: Restricted section
    Pairing: Harry/Tonks, kinda
    Summary: Tonks laughed. “No, not much use for polyjuice, though I did quite well at it as I recall. The whole class was very anxious to see what form my partner would take.” Honks.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2255313/1/Polywank

Harry experiments with polyjuice. Pretty decent smut: realistic, well set-up, creative situation, not overly anatomical. For what it is, 4/5.

2. Stan

Stan Order Member

Meh. It was OK at best, but if it ever meant to be a smutfic, it left much to be desired, and as a humor fic it wasn't all that funny, though I did chuckle there at the end.

Read the first chapter of Deadwoodpecker's Polyjuice, Memory Charms, and More for real Polyjuice smut (and then review it here). May be its just my opinion, but this one isn't even in the same league as the other story.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Stan, we get it, you like the fic. You can stop pushing it on people.

4. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Read it years ago. It's okay, but nothing great. Two married people who've had sex many times in the past having sex isn't all that interesting, even if they're trying out a new kink. I like a bit more plot to my smut than that.

5. Stan

Stan Order Member

Hah, Guilty. In my defense, it was directly relevant to the topic here. Plus, I generally love polyjuice smut fics, and this one was just disappointing.

Taure : Well, I guess that depends on what you want from your smut fic. While reading smut oneshot fics, my first priority is good quality smut. Deadwoodpecker delivers on that, this fic does not. In fact, there was barely any smut at all -- which makes me question the point of the story. Its not as if this fic has much of a plot either.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Decent, I guess. I wish the author had made it more explicit that Tonks left him that hair on purpose. Otherwise it's just so fucked up - I mean, I totally understand Harry's impulse there, but it's just such an extreme violation of privacy.

Luna's single line made me chuckle.

Interesting, in a semi-uncomfortable way. Decent writing. Nothing I'd read again.

3/5

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Not funny. I didn't like the premise enough to enjoy it without it being funny. Technically sound, but nothing I can rate above 2/5.

8. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Smut isn't just sex. In fact, once the sex begins, smutfics normally get pretty boring. For me at least, the best part of a smut fic is the "undressing" part: Harry seeing X girl nude for the first time, and the UST/flirtation leading up to it. After that I've largely lost my interest. So this fic is pretty efficient in that regard.

Newcomb: I kinda like it ambiguous. Even if she left him the hair deliberately, it's still uncomfortable because Harry doesn't know she left it to him deliberately, so it was still an attempted violation of privacy. Which is the whole point. It's a voyeurism fic.

Edit: why are y'all discussing whether it's funny or not? It's not a humour fic.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    That's why.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

It was boring to be honest. Even when Harry was getting excited I wasn't. I wasn't expecting humor or anything but I did expect to be entertained. I was not.

Pro's: Technically sound. Decent premise and it doesn't drag out.
    Con's: Boring.

Rating from me: 2/5

11. Stan

Stan Order Member

That's not quite true. The author marked it as a Humor/Romance story.

Newcomb : Honestly, it did not even occur to me to be uncomfortable about Harry polyjuicing to Tonks. May be it was because I pretty much knew what would happen before I started reading the story. May be it was because it already happened in DH when Hermione, Fleur and the boys polyjuiced into Harry, and Harry wasn't too bothered. Either way, it did not bother me at all.

12. Skeletaure

High Score:
    As far as I know, none of the people transforming into Harry in DH took a look at his junk...

13. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

There's a world of difference between people using Polyjuice to turn into you in your presence with your knowledge and (reluctant) consent as part of plan to get out of a life-threatening situation, and using Polyjuice to turn into a girl, in private, without her knowledge or consent (probably), to fuck around with her body.

Like, I really don't see a ton of difference between what happens in the fic and Harry slipping Tonks a sleeping potion and feeling her up, to be honest. I mean, if she's into it, cool, but if she honestly had no idea and the hair was just an accident, it's creepy as fuck.

I mean, imagine this was Draco doing it to, say, Luna.

Ew.

14. Saot

Saot Groundskeeper

Eh. Last few sentences mildly amused me, but certainly not enough to justify 3k words of blandness getting there.

15. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Such as it was, the smut wasn't that great. I've read worse, sure, but I've read a hell of a lot better. Add in the creepyness of the premise, which then doesn't really get addressed, and it's not that great. 2/5

16. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have no idea why this is being labeled as smut. It's not even bad smut. Harry turned into Tonks and fingered himself. That was supposed to be the meat of this oneshot and it was practically skipped over. I barely blinked at it. A random Gogle image search would likely be more titillating.

Bland and really tame compared to some stuff you can find in fics in no way meant to be smutty.

Nothing about this stands out. At least bad fics make me rage, they elicit something, you know? This did absolutely nothing for me. A perfectly mediocre waste of time.

Tbh, I checked it out because Taure recced it. I am disappoint, mate. You get no points. The fic gets 1,5/5 rounded down.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  17. Charlesnaismith

Charlesnaismith First Year

I thought it was enjoyable. Nice last few lines, impressive given it was written in 2005.

4/5