1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Power of The Serpentine Eyes by Anigma24 - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Evil Shnitzel, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Title: Power of The Serpentine Eyes
    Author: Anigma24
    Rating: T
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy
    Chapters: 5
    Words: 32,083
    Updated: August 10, 2006
    Published: February 3, 2006

Summary:
    It's the beginning of the summer before sixth year. Harry has started to look beyond the masks of both foes and friends. But can he except what truth is revealed to him or will secrets from the past seal his fate? In order too deal with his future Harry sets off on an adventure to explore his past. This leads to a new Harry that no one could have predicted. Friends and foes alike will notice the change in the Boy-Who-Lived but who will stand with him in the end
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2781647/1/
    (always forgetting to post the little bugger :oops: )

Hmmmm there are the clishe of Harry getting Voldemorts knowledge but with a twist. Apparently Dumbledore controlled Harry from his birth by legilamancy, rituals and potions. I know done before but an explanation about why and how Slytherin hated the muggles is original for me.
    I will read this story in the future when he is going to update.
    Grammar and orphography isnt too horrible.
    What I did like in this story that unlike the many clished independent stories Harry dont flash with his powers to all to see. He is a bit cunnig here. Well for yours judgment.

Checked by Minion, October 25, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2015
  2. MudEye

MudEye Second Year

please post the link

3. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Edit your original post and put it there :)

I recently learned how to count past 10... All i had to do was start using my toes.

5. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    He copyed the Nullifier idea from another fic and there are spelling mistakes but other than that it is pretty good.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

One of the best new stories in a while.

Yes, he had taken the idea of Nullifier from the fic called "Nullifier" and "Scaner" seems suspiciously similar to Neville's ability from "Shadow Play", but these things are hardly clishes in a classical sense. The way Harry gained Voldemort's memory and Dumbledore's method of control aren't new ideas either, but they are also hardly overused in fandom.

On the other hand, Salazar's character and the story of his muggle-hating status was really interesting. Add to that great writting style, with a lot of details and just the right plot tempo, and all the potential clishes are quickly forgotten...

Hell, even spelling wasn't so bad - you guys are really starting to overreact about that, since I didn't notice any truly bad screwups here.

So, I really have high hopes for this fic. Good catch, Shnitzel!

7. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Yeah thanks dude
    I usually scan fan.net twice a day with all the storys that has Harry as a main character. Once in a 20 fics there is a potential one or a good one updated.
    Ummm got a new annoying clishe while reading this story. Will post it in the clishe rant.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I usually rely on C2 groups to find new stories, but every once in a while I get frustrated by the fact that the bitches are mostly coppying from each other instead of looking for stories independantly, so I do a search myself. And then I post my few finds in "awesomely bad" thread, or in the best case "Unrecomended fiction", and call it a day...

9. Dr_Jos

Dr_Jos First Year

like it
    some cliches
    but that doesn't bother me

10. Silke

Silke Second Year

Yeah, this is a pretty good story, won't repeat things other people had said about it.
    One little thing about this story though is that Harry actually feels something for Dumbledore's betrayal and not just accept it and moves on like nothing happened, like he didn't care or that he somehow 'knew' before on some instinctual level that Dumbledore wasn't the way he shows others.
    Copied a little from nullifier? When i first read this story the first fic that came to mind was 'Of Blood and Power'. Atleast the first chapter.

11. Kaylakoo

Kaylakoo Muggle

Some parts seemed to be completely copied, word for word, from Daylon's Of Blood and Power. :?

Unless there is something I'm missing because it HAS been awhile since I read OotP.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I hardly search for stories anymore. It stresses me out too much.

I just read the ones that are posted here or check C2 groups that my story has been added too. Since most of them are Dark/Independent/ect groups then I normally find stories that I like.

When I'm in the mood for some serious reading, then I search around but that rarely happens now days.

13. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I really like this story, it has a lot of potential.

Thank god the author updates frequently :D

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

He needs a beta but other than that.... beta would slow the update rate down a lot though. I can get over the spelling and grammar mistakes because the story itself is good. Plus the mistakes arent really too bad, just every now and then.

15. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

There is a bit that is taken from OotP near the beginning, but none that i could see from anything by Dalyon.

Scottish Salazar Slytherin was amusing, though. He didn't really make anything of it though - just described him as wearing 'traditional' Scottish clothes (I'll ignore the fact that what today is traditional in Scotland was different a thousand years ago) and I think he says 'wee' once - then the idea is just ignored in for what is left of the story.

I've seen Slytherin backstories before, and this one looked like it could use a little work, it wasn't exactly a work of genius. And yeah, Slytherin's special powers have both been lifted from older, better stories.

16. Kaylakoo

Kaylakoo Muggle

I know about the parts from OotP. I was talking about:

"The small chambers also consisted of a series of training rooms that were filled with all types of ancient ageless weapons. Harry figured Salazar Slytherin must have designed this place as a private retreat of sorts. And as everything he had come across so far was parsel activated, Harry figured the old serpent had either been highly paranoid of intrusion, or severely obsessed with his snake like gift.

' Any Slytherin living or dead would probably give their wand arm to be where I am right now.' Harry thought with a small smile.

Searching farther while lighting torches and casting cleaning charms as he went. He found a rather large library full of books on potions, Parsel Magic, Charms, Human Transfiguration, the Dark Art and other various aspects of magic that he wasn't too familiar with. He started to search through the library eagerly. Then he noticed something strange. The majority of the books he had picked up were written in a language very few could ever possibly read or understand, most of the book here were written in Parseltongue.

That could only mean one thing-

" Salazar Slytherin's personal library," Harry whispered in realization. Not just books Salazar Slytherin had owned and collected. No, these were books he must have actually written. Things he had discovered or created himself. Things that had been known only to him. And as Harry had no recollection of this place at all, he figured Riddle had never found the place."

from this story and:

"The small chambers consisted of living rooms, a study, and a series of training rooms filled with ancient weapons. Harry figured Slytherin must have designed them as a private retreat of sorts. And as everything was Parsel activated, he figured the old serpent had either been highly paranoid of intrusion, or severely obsessed with his snakish gift.

What any Slytherin wouldn’t give to be where he is now, Harry thought wryly.

He searched farther, lighting the torches and casting cleaning charms as he went. He found a small library full of books on potions, Parsel Magic, the Dark Arts, and other various aspects of magic. He started to search through them eagerly. Then he noticed something strange. They were all written in Parseltongue.

That could only mean one thing -

“Slytherin’s personal library,” Harry whispered in realization. Not just books Slytherin had owned. No, these were books he had actually written. Things he had discovered himself. Things that had been known only to him. And as he had no recollection of the place, he figured Riddle had never found it."

from Daylon's.

Plus the basic plot is the same. Voldemort attempts to possess Harry, Harry rapes his minds and gains his knowledge, Harry realizes how manipulative Dumbledore is, returns to the Chamber, finds hidden rooms filled with knowledge...

Although the potrait of Salazar is different, so perhaps it will take a different turn.

17. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I didn't know Harry "raped" Voldmort's mind in "Of Blood and Power". *muses* How did I miss that? *shrugs* It has been a long time...

It seems alright to me. I can forgive plagarism if it's done well. :eek: Oh, wow, don't I feel like a pillar of morality, lol. Besides, I'm starved for good fiction.

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

*hangs and shakes head* Aren't we all?...Aren't we all?

19. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

A few more updates and i think my thirst will be quenched for a time but then i dont really want to fucking wait.

20. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Don't like it at the moment, too full of flashbacks of canon, and too little original stuff. May turn out decent if the typos are fixed and the new content is upped.