1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Power Rangers

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Starwind, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Enjoyed it. If you go in expecting the next Dark Knight, you'll be disappointed. If you go in expecting Power Rangers, you'll love it.

Zordon was kind of a dick.

Jason, while a bit plain, was more shown what type of person he was by his relationship with everyone else imo, especially Billy and the bromance there. That scene with Rita tho was brilliant.

Zack, didnt really get a lot of focus, or if he did, I dont remember it tbh.

Kim, eh, they had her character do some shitty things pre power rangers plot, and she kept trying to inspire the team but to me it felt off.

Trini, the lesbian stuff didnt really come off as her main character, which was good, but they didnt really focus a lot on her.

Billy was the best imo, had the most development. Youll get what I mean when you watch it.

The whole plot was pretty rushed in some places, the campfire scene was great, the megazord scene was pretty awesome and the cameos/aftercredit scene was expected but amazing.

All in all as a power ranger movie I'd say 8.5/10, as a normal movie I'd say low 7/10

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Just got back from Power Rangers.

I loved it, I had a fun time seeing it.

The actors did an amazing job, especially Elizabeth Banks as Rita, she steals the movie for sure.

Definitely recommend it and can't wait for the sequel.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I thought everything regarding the Zords was just super lame.

I face palmed at the two obvious hardcore nostalgia wanks in there, but I shrugged it off. I know people with fond memories of PR would love that.

The Rangers were really well cast. I bought their bonding.

But yeah, just thought the Zord stuff was not great. This coming from a Voltron fan (though PR was very much timed perfectly for me, my older cousins were Voltron nuts).

4. kinetique

kinetique Headmaster

So far the second worst movie of the year for me with XXX return of Xander Cage. An excruciating display of almost 100 minutes of negative character development. Starts off with the main character displaying what an asshole he is to the world, and then manages to drag 4 other hopeless people in with him. No young adult movie is complete without eye rolling, awkward dialogue designed to reassure everyone that if you act like a complete dick you're still a good person, and this movie managed to do that almost from start to finish.

Of course teamwork (tm) saves the day.

2/10.

5. sildet

sildet Sixth Year

How much money did they get from Krispy Kreme is my question?

6. wrestlingfan1

wrestlingfan1 First Year

i saw the movie last Saturday, it was pretty good i liked how they explained how Rita got the green ranger coin. zordon was a jerk, i would rec amend the movie i give it a 8/10.

7. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Have you ever fucking seen Power Rangers?

8. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I liked it. Legit lol'd at the train scene. E. Banks did the customary villainous over-acting, but it works. It's not a "great" movie, but it's not bad, and better than "meh". And like most my age, PR was my SHIT as a child, so I'm a little biased.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  9. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

As someone that never actually saw the Power Rangers growing up, I'd say it was a Stupid but Fun movie.

On one hand, there were a lot of problems with it. Major Plot Holes they never actually explain (how did they actually get home), some weird moments and bad jokes I would have preferred they left out (the 'milking' bit from the beginning), that shameless bit of Product Placement (seriously, did Krispy Kreme pay for the entire movie), and it really should have been more colorful.

But it still had a lot of fun stuff at the end that made it worth it. The casting was all great, the CGI worked pretty well, and the big fight at the end was really good.

All in all, not the best adaptation out there, but hardly the worst one either. Provided you accept the Stupid parts, I'd recommend it.