1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Prime Effect by Apollo-XL5 - M - Transformers Prime / Mass Effect

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Apollo-XL5, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Apollo-XL5

Apollo-XL5 Guest

Title: Prime Effect
    Author: Apollo-XL5
    Rating: M
    Genre: Sci-Fi/Romance
    Fandom: Transformers Prime/Mass Effect
    Pairings: Jack Darby/Arcee
    Summary: This is a Transformers Prime and Mass Effect story set in a universe where both exist together at the same time.
    '15 years after the Autobot/Decepticon war had ended, newly promoted Commander Jack Darby joins the crew of the Autobot/Human Alliance frigate 'Normandy'. Meanwhile a Rogue Spectre has awoken an ancient evil and unleashed it upon the galaxy.'
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8472368/1/Prime-Effect

This was my very first Fanfiction and what was going to be my attempt to write my own ending to Mass Effect 3 (since the original was not very good), but then I realised that I did not want to just write a purely ME story that followed action for action, word for word as the game. So I instead planned and wrote a trilogy blending two of my favourite franchises together (using the story of Mass Effect as a road map), creating a story that was new and familiar to both sets of fans.

I wrote this on my Ipod touch and even though I did use spell/grammar check, some still slipped through. But instead of going back and correcting everything, I have decided to leave it as it is so that it shows how I started and where I am now with my writing (currently Prime Effect 4).

I will wait a day or so before posting Prime Effect 2 and the others, unless everyone who reads it here want me to post them sooner.

So I hope everyone here likes them, I certainly have had positive feedback on Fanfiction.net.

Thanks

P.s Transformers and Mass Effect are the properties of Hasbro and Bioware, I do not own the franchises or the characters from either.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  2. Apollo-XL5

Apollo-XL5 Guest

Prime Effect 2 by Apollo-XL5 - M - Transformer Prime/Mass Effect

Title: Prime Effect
    Pairings: Jack Darby/Airachnid
    Summary: This is the second installment of the Prime Effect series. 'Jackson Prime has to work with an old enemy of his to take down a new threat to the galaxy. This includes working with a new team made up of friends and former enemies as they head on what many would call a 'suicide mission', but Jack and his team are out to prove them wrong.'
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8544928/1/Prime-Effect-2

This is my second story in my fanfiction series and it continues to use Mass Effect as a road map (this time ME2) but I still changed a number of things to keep the story flowing and feel like a continuation of the previous one. Looking back at this one, I feel proud of what I did for the new characters (new to the story, but not to Transformers Prime or Mass Effect) as I build there characters as the story goes on and explore their pasts while also expanding on the continuing stories of the characters returning from the first installment.

I hope you everyone likes this sequel/continuation and I will add Prime Effect 3 in a week or so time. :)

P.s Transformers and Mass Effect are the properties of Hasbro and Bioware, I do not own the franchises or the characters from either.

3. Apollo-XL5

Apollo-XL5 Guest

Prime Effect 2:Arrival by Apollo-XL5 - M - Transformer Prime/Mass Effect

Title: Prime Effect 2:Arrival
    Genre: Sci-Fi/Drama
    Pairings: No pairing
    Summary: This is a short story set between Prime Effect 2 and Prime Effect 3. 'Jackson Prime is asked by Admiral Bryce to investigate the Paladin station at the edge of the galaxy and see if Doctor Amanda Kenson's claims of an imminent Reaper invasion are true. But things are not what they seem.'
    Link:https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8633764/1/Prime-Effect-2-Arrival

So this story fills in the gaps between the second and third main installments of the Prime Effect series. It is my version of the DLC for Mass Effect 2, and it follows the basic storyline of Arrival, but it builds on some of the relationships with the characters that survived Prime Effect 2 while furthering the main plot of the series while setting up a question that carries on through Prime Effect 3.

Hope you like it?

4. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

For future reference, series with multiple portions are usually under one, single thread, usually the first portion or whatever you consider as the name of the series. And if you do want multiple threads, you probably should just post the first portion and see the reactions; if they don't seem to like it then the sequels probably won't enter the Library either, and nobody wants subpar material cluttering the review boards.

Plus it's pretty arrogant unless your story is really, really good to post your own story on the Review Boards, but that's more of an unspoken tradition.

Edit:

So I've dipped into the first in this series.

I recommend getting a beta and smoothing over both transitions and sentences.

Your first chapter from the beginning was a turnoff for me. First you had long exposition; which was boring to boot, followed by bland dialogue with mostly unsuccessful attempts to endear us to the characters. In addition, the lack of capitalization, random spaces, lack of punctuation and periods and whatnot in pretty much half the dialogue and more outside is a pain on my weak, undergrown grammar-nazi instincts.

Generally, I'd say this needs a lot of work before the library. As said, I've only read the first chapter, but I can't read anything without a good grammatical and structural base first. Perhaps the plot or some other feature redeems it. However, I do not like and do not consider it library-worthy; I will refrain from voting on score, though, seeing as I've only read the first chapter.

Hopefully it gets better.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

In this case I agree with Flame2754 that threads for every single installment would just clutter the board.

Thus I merged them into one thread.

6. Apollo-XL5

Apollo-XL5 Guest

Title: Prime Effect 3
    Pairings: Jack Darby/Arcee
    Summary: This is the third installment of the Prime Effect Series. 'The Reapers are here! Earth is under siege and the galactic community panics in the face of such terror. Jackson Prime and his team attempt to rally all the species they can to their cause, in an effort to unite the Galaxy against the Reaper threat and end them, once and for all.'
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8648409/1/Prime-Effect-3

So this was supposed to be the finale of my trilogy for Prime Effect, but has since become a series with a fourth entry almost finished and a fifth and final one to come. And this was where I really started to alter things (things that bothered me in Mass Effect 3 like the ending...for one.) while also concluding the story and character arcs from the previous two installments.

It was when I was halfway through this particular story that I began planning on the final two parts, adding the seeds for them in the final chapters of this installment.

I hope you like this one and look forward to hearing from you all.

Also thank you to Dark Minion for putting my installments together, sorry I forgot to do that....my bad.

---------- Post automerged at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

Title: Prime Effect 4
    Pairings: Orion Darby (Original Character)/Liara T'Soni
    Summary: My fourth entry in the Prime Effect Series. 'Twenty five years after the Reaper war, the Interstellar Federation continues to flourish and grow. But as a young soldier tries to find his own path in life, continuing to ignore the destiny that was meant for him. And an enemy that is new yet familar is awakened and unleashes chaos upon the unsuspecting galaxy.'
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9259828/1/Prime-Effect-4

Now with this installment I am moving into unknown territory, as this story has no Mass Effect road-map for me to follow (since there is no Mass Effect 4) and I welcome that as it has given me the chance to create a new story using the previous three installments as a foundation. Now those entries I did create some new material that never appeared in Mass Effect or Transformers Prime (The Conestoga mission in PE1 and helping Airachnid on Cybertron in PE2 for example), while also remixing a number of story arcs that appeared in the former (Omega and Leviathan DLC for example).

Now with this story, I am following not one but three main characters (One which is Orion Darby, also the main Antagonist and one more that is revealed during the story. There is also two romances in this, one which is revealed above and another that involves the third main character. This fourth installment and the future fifth one did take a lot of planning before hand and I am looking forward to completing this series.

I hope you like it.