[PS4] God of War **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I had no issue with the text at all.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    Finished the story at the weekend, although I've still got loads of the game to play; haven't defeated any of the Valkyries yet (fought one, got my ass handed to me, beat a tactical, post-death retreat), various artefact collections, favours and labours to complete, and I haven't been to Muspelheim or Niflheim at all, although I've unlocked them both.

It's easily one of the best games I've played this year, and certainly the best that came out this year. The gameplay is amazing, if occasionally frustrating at more challenging moments (although in all honesty, that's probably more to do with the nasty combination of my stubborn streak and my inability to remember that blocking/parrying is a thing), it all looks stunning, and even though I haven't played any of the previous games, and am therefore - presumably - missing some useful context, I was engaged with the story and characters throughout. I didn't realise how much I cared about Atreus until he fell ill, and then again when he goes through his brooding phase.

Like Republic, I hadn't realised that they had specific plans for a trilogy, rather than open-ended hoping to be able to make sequels, so I was a little surprised at how relatively lowkey (ha) the plot was, but I'm really looking forward to the inevitable sequel. Definite recommendation to anyone who owns a PS4.

4. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think Barlog said it was a five game plot - and given the breadcrumbs, possibly only two more in Midgard and surrounding realms. That would have sent warning signs to me before playing this game, now? Not so much.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Shinysavage I definitely recommend fighting all the Valkyries before getting the gear necessarily to absurdly outlevel them. The Valkyries are challenging but with no RNG involved, such that they're some of the best fun I've had in videogames in years. If you fight them on easy mode you'll do yourself a disservice.

6. Arthellion

Arthellion Ban(ned) Arthellion

High Score:
    Sweet. New Game +

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Ban(ned) Arthellion

High Score:
    Father's day trailer