1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quality Naruto fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Baradine

Baradine Seventh Year

You mean The Uzumaki's Peace? That's by Inert, a writer who uses the WbA in this very forum. He made a post two pages ago.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    Would that be The Uzumaki's Peace?

EDIT: Nija'd

3. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This the one i referred to, best post series story I ever read.
    It has everything that all other post series stories ignore.
    Naruto finally grown up and matured, while keeping the core traits we loved.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10810205/1/Seeking-Peace

Hey, this is pretty good. It's an SI but they only have vague memories so it's more of an oc fic. It's an Uchiha raised outside the village, it has good writing quality and the pace seems to be picking up so I figured I should recc it here now. My bad if you all know it already.

5. SeekingSerenity

SeekingSerenity Third Year

High Score:
    Fiction T- Drama/Family /Itachi/sasuke ; reborn into a elite clan, female mc, SI . All major red flags

6. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I'm sorry, but the fact that they misspelled World peace as "world piece" in the prologue doesn't do a lot of good for my expectations.

7. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Looking for fics, in which Jiraiya seriously take Naruto training during the time Skip.
    Any road travel stories of Naruto and Jiraiya (But good ones) ?

8. fire

fire Order Member

Another TPK quest, and the spiritual successor to Shed Skin: Heavenly Rotation, a time-travel story featuring Hinata.

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm down for a Hinata centric quest but I have to see, even accounting for the circumstances and age and whatever, she doesn't really sound like Hinata at all.

10. WierdFoodStuff

WierdFoodStuff Slug Club Member

11. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Any good fics for Naruto-newbs? Meaning I have never watched the anime, maybe a piece or 2 of an episode. Never read the manga either.

12. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Firstly, I'd just recommend the manga.

But if not, I'd probably recommend...Life in Konoha's ANBU? It's one of the best in the fandom, starts at around the same point as canon (if with Naruto in an entirely different role) with the first few chapters easing you into things, and it goes out of its way to explain the workings of Konoha (Naruto's home) and the shinobi world itself.

Or if you want something where Naruto's is closer to his canon self then I'd say Patriot's Dawn. I'm not actually a fan but it's considered a solid fic by many DLPers.

13. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Definitely try the manga. Part one and even the first chunk of part two are well written, fun stories to follow. It'll give you a good background and, since there are plenty of bits that make little sense (it's Shonen manga after all), an appreciation for the work some authors have put in to really developing their stories.

14. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'd third the recommendation for the manga, though I'd go a step further and tell you to just stop reading after Pain dies, as that's where it starts to go full retard. Most everything before that ranges from pretty solid to actually great though, so the manga is definitely a good place to start.

Though unfortunately it's been way too long since I last read any dedicated Naruto fics, so i can't come up with any decent recs.

15. fire

fire Order Member

While Agayek is right that thematically the manga climaxed with Pein and then went downhill after that, the rest of the story is still worth reading, both for the cool fights (Itachi/Naruto/Bee vs Nagato, Madara vs the Gokage, Gai vs Madara) as well as for understanding key characters (e.g. Bee, Danzo, Madara) and plot points (e.g. the Madara/Tobi conspiracy) that are only fully revealed later on, and which will likely feature in fanfics.

16. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

To be fair, if you do stop reading after Pain kicks it, then you know enough that literally any bullshit you wanna make up to explain their motivation/plan is better than the canonical plot.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  17. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I finally read THW and its really gotten me back into the fandom- does anyone have any good currently updating/recently finished fics they wanna recommend? I feel like I dont even know where to look anymore, when it comes to scouring FFN.

18. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

What's the link for THW?

19. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

THW's thread.

My alert/favourites list for Naruto is depressingly small, to be honest.

Inert just completed Patriot's Dawn and has been working on Hurricane Suite. Menace recently started Written in Reverse's prequel, Love Sick.

Outside of DLP, Dreaming of Sunshine is still ticking along, Naruto: Great Clan Days and Better Left Unsaid weren't updated too long ago, andNot Sick will have been completed two years ago tomorrrow.

Legacy Undone's been getting favourable reviews as well.

20. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper