1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Reply won't go through.

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by H_A_Greene, Feb 27, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For the past week now, every instance of me writing a message in the Quick Reply and then hitting submit brings me to this
    I have to have a full post window open before I can post anything. But when I go back and ctrl+A and ctrl+X my post then click "go advanced" my message has been copied to the new window already. So it is being stored somewhere but not appearing via Quick Reply, and I use the Quick Reply option fairly often up until this little quirk.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    What happens to me is that my message dissapears, but when I back and post again it goes through.

3. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Just a shot in the dark but, are you using NoScript? Also, have you tried clearing your cache/cookies?

Can you think of anything that you've done different within the past week, perhaps a browser update/different browser? What browser are you using anyways?

4. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I've been having the same issue for a while, but I don't post regularly enough to say how long it's been happening or whether it happens for every post (I don't use anything like noscript, but it has been a while since I cleared cookies etc)

Ninjaedit: I just used quick reply by reflex and it worked, but I am posting from my mobile.

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have the problem every time I post, for months now I think. Actually when I hit "Post Quick Reply" in a second I'll probably encounter it again. I just hit the back button and do it again and it posts fine.

EDIT: Yep, I did.

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Testing via 3DS.

EDIT: So it doesn't happen when I'm browsing from my 3DS, only my desktop. I've had NoScript for over a year now and I don't know of any Firefox changes that could explain this. I haven't added any new add-ons or messed with any filters. And I regularly clear my cookies/cache between sessions.