1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Raised by a God by Chaosthief1 - SG1 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Crazy1, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Title - Raised by a God
    Author: Chaosthief1
    Rating: T
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: The Alternates
    Pairing: Don't know, as of yet.
    Summary: Inspired by others thought I'd give a Stargate SG1 crossover with Harry potter a shot. Rated T just in case. - Extremely bad summary, but the writing isn't bad. I'd say the summary should be more like:
    Harry is protected by an Alteran device when Voldemort attacks; he is transported onto an Asgard vessel for protection. There's only one problem: it's Loki's ship.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3232357/1/

I think this is a good example of a decent Hp/SG1 crossover. Some parts are dodgy, e.g. the cloning himself in later chapters. I like the idea on Alterans and the Asgard, but there are some massive plot holes. Everyone's in character though. And I'm wondering how the author will properly integrate the Hp universe with the mostly SG1 universe at the moment.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

4/5 It's quite interesting. The clone bit was filler, but meh, you can't reach perfection.

3. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Is this intelligible to a non-Stargate reader? I really don't want to read another crossover that I can't decipher at all.

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Not really, it doesn't go into detail about everything.

5. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

It's a decent fic, I'll give it that. But the main thing that irks me about it is the fact that
    He gets his OWN FUCKING SPACE STATION that can build ANYTHING it's seen before.
    3/5.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, I've tried this. It's a fair read, but like most other SG1 crossovers I've seen, it eventually turns into an episode guide, with a Garry-Stue self-insert named Harry butting in all over the place.

7. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Interesting to an extent, but I have to agree with ip82. Some his grammar irks me as well, not to much but it distracts me from the story a fair amount.

8. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Weak. Badly written, illogical execution, Gary-stu kind of stuff. I liked the idea of the Alteran production station, but otherwise it's all rather iffy. 3/5

9. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

2/5. This story suck. It is so badly written, you have problems with reading it. The concept of Alterans space station has been used (with better efect) in "Fighting the Gods". I know the author of this story had said that his/her story is inspired by it (and also by "HP and the Stargate"), but come on. There isn't any form of good narrative (in the first chapters), Harry is some kind of uber-god-alteran-raised-by-asgard-fellow and as ip82 has pointed. Almost every SG-1 crossover tend to change into episode guide with SI Harry-like character.