1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reality or Time hopping Harry

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by cdog21, Mar 9, 2008.

1. cdog21

cdog21 Squib

I was wondering if you guys knew of any fics where Harry is time/reality hopping around. I found one on ficwad where Harry is jumping into diffrent versions of himself in diffrent time periods. I was curious as to if there were any others like this or along this line of thinking. Rating doesn't matter as long as there is minimal to no slash

2. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

A Black Comedy by Nonjon.

Dimesion hopping for beginners by nonjon again I think. Or Jbern.

Search on this site you'll find both. Links are to hard for me right now

3. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Fics where Harry travels in time or to other dimensions.

Joe6991's The Hero Trilogy (Book 2) and Jono's A Stranger In An Unholy Land (and the sequel) are large-assed motherfuckers that deal with dimension-travel.

For time-travel, well, there're too many to count.

The next time you give such a broad criteria, please make sure to search the site first. Or be ready to be flamed. I'll do it myself. -_-

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  4. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

5. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

6. cdog21

cdog21 Squib

Yeah I got all those, Nonjon's HP/firefly was fun and SiaPL (the second part of Jono's work ) is probably my favorite, but I was thinking more along the lines of mulitple jumps. Except for the list posted thanks for that one I guess the alternated dimen. list would be kinda what im looking for, but happening in the same story.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  7. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

There's a new story by Wheezy1. Can't remember its name ATM, but it has a setup similar to nonjon's Dimension Hopping. The whole thing is a bit pussified, like the author's other major fic (Manipulator of Destiny), but not to the extent to render it unreadable.

8. cdog21

cdog21 Squib

I saw the one you were talking about and it didn't really seem like anything I would like. I mean I read the first chapter and it was just like "no thanks i'm fine" kinda thing, but thanks for the suggestion.

9. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I got the feeling the OP is not looking for fics where Harry travels once to a new place, but travels to many different realities or time periods throughout the fic.

In which case, I'm assuming you've checked out my Dimension Hopping for Beginners. I've also got a time-hopping story that's a personal favorite but who knows if or when I'll ever update it again entitled The Anachronistic Adventures of Patch and Eddie.

Luna the Moonmonster has an amulet of time series with many different time periods. Jono's stranger trilogy is still early into the second story, but we've jumped from the original reality to a new one in the first book, and yet another in the second. That series is definitely full of giant epic-ness with chapters as long as some people's stories.

There's also a dimension hopping story by The Professional entitled Harry Potter: The Lone Traveller. It's a bit more Quantum Leap and Sliders inspired where he kind of has to achieve random things (so I'm told, I never actually read it). Wheezy1's The Hardest Riddle IP mentioned, but also has not attracted my interest enough to read yet.

ENSIGN's Harry Potter And The Walkers features a Harry who has lived centuries traveling through time, but we don't follow him on those journeys. Same kind of premise for this WIP by shalb called Planeswalker: Return of a Lost Soul.

Most of these are WIP or abandoned aside from the first in Jono's trilogy, my Dimension Hopping for Beginners, and Luna was up to Amulet of Time 5, I believe.

10. belladonna16

belladonna16 Second Year

Kentucky, but my heart is still north of here...
    I enjoyed the Hardest Riddle (Wheezy's dimension hopping fic that is similiar to nonjons) until he/she/it spent 4 chapters or so on Harry being a house-elf.........

11. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

12. cdog21

cdog21 Squib

Those first 4 Ive heard about (Nonjon's and the Stranger are my favs), but I don't think I have ever come across the last ones. I think I would remeber one about Harry being a house elf. Any you were right Nonjon I was asking you guys to see if you knew of any where he is traveling multiple times in the same story so I guess Sliders or Quantam Leap would be the best real life analog to what Im looking for. Thanks guys for all the help.

13. Seraph

Seraph Squib

Wherever my computer/laptop is at the moment(which
    While Dimension Hopping for Beginners was amusing I liked Harry Potter: Lone Traveler a bit more.

14. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I don't recognize Harry Potter: Lone Traveler. Link, please?

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Banner, Google is your friend. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2673584/1/

One story I like that sorta goes along those lines is Harry Potter and the Dark Lord by Erised Burning. His story's are all a bit weird, but I've loved the all.
    Summary:Harry gets drawn into a whirlwind adventure that leads him on a dogged pursuit of the horcruxes. Meanwhile, Ron and Hermione find themselves entangled in a bitter war against Voldemort and his forces.
    Dunno if you'll like them, but I did