1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Red Dragons Collide by Maglor819 - M - Merlin

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Nerdman3000, May 11, 2013.

1. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

Title: Red Dragons Collide
    Author: Maglor819
    Rating: M
    Category: Adventure/Romance
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 93,667
    Updated: March 8, 2013
    Published: March 17, 2013
    Summary: Uther has dreams about his past and reflects on the legacy he will leave Arthur. Revitalized by these memories the King begins a campaign to unite Albion under his rule and scour magic from the isles forever. Can a young Warlock prevent the storm, or will he and his friends perish in the coming conflict when the destinies of father, son and estranged daughter collide? AU from 2x4.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9111358/1/Red-Dragons-Collide

There are a lot of BBC Merlin fanfics on Fanfiction.net, but there are a lot of surprisingly good Merlin fics, most of them follow the same cliches. If anything, you can split each fic into four categories of Fanfics: Merlin's Magic get's revealed(A good example is the "Question of..." series by Alaia Skyhawk), FemMerlin(A popular example is "The Golden Effect" by KhaleesiStormborn), a pairing fic(Usually with Merlin/Morgana or Arthur/Gwen, or even the disgusting and hated Slash), and finally Others.

Red Dragons Collide follows the Other's category with the pairng category(Merlin/Morgana) added a an extra. This fic is one of the most enjoyable Merlin fics I've read, and is a Uther centric. It takes various pieces of the Arthurian mythology and adds it to expand the background of the story, and I felt it was very well done. This by far is my favorite interpretation of Uther out there.

The only problems or nitpicks I found is the occasional grammar mistake and some various moments where a scene or character POV changes with no page break. Other than that, this fanfic is excellent and I give it a 4.5/5.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Some more feedback on this story from people who have read it would be much appreciated