1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Remaking HBP to be GOOD?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Aug 10, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I have to agree that the whole OMG BLACK SISTERS crap gets annoying. I'm honestly starting to be turned off to the Harry/Bella pairing because almost all of them end up being shitty haremfics that also pair him with Narcissa and Tonks because of the lame Black family thing. Seriously, I'm reaching the point that I don't like multiple pairing fics period, simply because they never really work realistically. I'm trying my best to balance two girls in my own fic and I don't think it's truly working. I just like them both too much and won't get rid of either.

2. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Your balancing them out ok.

Yeah I hate the Harry/Black Family fics as well. Harry/Bella, GREAT!!! Harry/Bella/Rest of the world... Well Not so great.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You're doing fine.

I still enjoy Harry/Bella, but its hard to find one that's worth reading, and then find one where she stays evil, and doesn't turn into this super wuss.

H/Tonks I used to like, but seeing how everyone makes her into an airhead, or a super butch chick, i'm not liking that either.

H/Narcissa I'd like to see more of, I've found a few good ones, but for some reason the MILF just doesn't have the fics she should

4. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

LT2000 (or Lord Serapheth as you're known around these parts :wink: )

YOu do Harry/multi FANTASTICALLY!!!

I just remembered something I wanted to ask you actually. Will you make Red PRince Harry Fleur. I think their both vain, aristocratic, and powerful (Fleur was the representative from ALL of Beauxbatons) Anyway, I hope you update soon.

Regarding Harry multi, IN GENERAL it sucks. THe only story its done REALLY well in is in Dakaath: Prince of Darkness. Other than that, it kind of sucks.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Harry/Tonks is a good ship... But it is getting flooded by the same idiots who write Harry/Ginny.

Personally I like Tonks as a wildcard. You know, live life in the fast lane...

Its the only way her character makes sense.

6. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

Prior to HBP I saw Harry/Tonks as a nice change from the mainstream H/Hr, H/G bilge. Not many that I like, but I have read some were good. It was good, giving Harry someone more mature and could handle life with him... then I recall one where Tonks still pulled the bitch move of seperating cause she got 'scared', blegh.

Now that HBP is out and Tonks was pointless throughout the whole thing then slopped against the wolf at the end I'm afraid her characters near dead to me.

Harry/Multi is fun when it can actually make sense, not they all just surge together for no reason whatsoever. And they better not gangup on him either, thats always shit.

This whole black sister thing snuck up on me, I never noticed it was so common till now. I think I first found it in Shezza's fic.

7. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

I think it started with Redemption of the Black Sisters(or something like this).

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Aye, Shezza does the Black Sisters thing pretty well. But I mostly think that because his portrayal of Bellatrix is hotter than sin. jon3776 also has a fic with Harry/Cissa/Bella that has some potential, but it's hard to tell if it'll ever get there given the guy's painfully slow updates and the fact that he's balancing several stories on top of it.

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i like Harry/bella/who every fics. but once just once i wish i could read one that makes sence and is orignal...any way Lord Serapheth your fic is good and beliveble...but the ones with bella all go with the reason that she's sorry for killing sirius.i want to read one where she did it because she ment to but had a good reason for it..is this too much to ask for??

10. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I agree with Indo. Why does she regret it (and they ALL use the same thing of "I meant to fire a stunner") PLEASE Spare me.

And if she really did why did she taunt him afterward?

Anyway, um,....bye :runs away:

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Ahh Bellatrix...dear Bella. While she makes a wonderful companion to Harry, provided she continues on the path of the dark, or at least a dark grey, I don't believe a H/B pairing should be in your remake. Make it as canon as possible, while still making it a better story.

For example, while Ginny and him are still friends, he feels no attraction to her, though you could make Blaise a female and have him meet her at the Slug Club. Don't overdo his powers either...he needs to be strong, powerful, and deadly, not godlike to the point of arrogance, then not even use the bloody powers. (Example: Harry Potter and Dumbledore's Army by Bobmin something) he has these great powers, capable of doing just about anything, yet he allows himself to be beat by his uncle in the sequel?

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Woah... look at all these idea's. I was actually gonna cut most of the book outta it and remodel it but using some of the idea's and some scene's. I dunno if he was even gonna make it to Hogwart's. Might just AU the whole fucking thing, lol.

Dark Syaoran's Book 6!

BLAH!

13. Lord Ravenclaw

You can't make a new improved HBP by cutting out the entire book dear boy! Thats what called an "AU".

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yes, well... I was gonna use 'most' and twist the rest.

Like, would you really want me to mention Dumbledore's hand 1810924177497913784 times?

15. Lord Ravenclaw

Eh, you got me there.

and with his withered hand slipped a finger inside the goats rectum...

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

lol.

AU or remake, it doesnt really matter. Im just gonna make it better if i can ever be fucked. I'm liking my muggle prison one better right now.

17. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

use dumbledore's hand after like the 5th time you mention it have harry say " eather you get that hand fixed or i'm going to cut it off!!" and the 6th time you actully cut it off

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

lol

19. Lord Ravenclaw

Ooh thats a good idea, use an overpowered Cutting Curse (diffindo) on it, or some spell made to sever limbs.

20. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Harry looked at Dumbledore's blackened hand with disgust. Suddenly he bellowed, "GODDAMN IT, OLD MAN!!! DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO WEAR A GLOVE?!?!?!"

Albus looked up at Harry, eyes twinkling merrily and said, "Harry, my boy, there is a very inter.." But he never got to finish that sentence for at that moment, Harry stood up and cried out "Diffindo"

THe curse cut slice right through Dumbledore's robes and cut his right hand off at the forearm. The Headmaster let loose a blood-curdling scream. His hand fell limply to the floor, and Dumbledore in his agony, accidently kicked it across the room.

Harry had a truimphant smirk on his face, as he declared, "I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I BITCH?! WHAT NOW!??!! WHAT?!" And the Boy-Who-Lived stormed from the room leaving Albus behind clutching a bloody stump.

Not open for further replies.