1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Renegade Cause by Silens Cursor - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Silens Cursor, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

Well, turtle7 seems to have posted a bazillion short little fic reviews at once, so that means he either 1) read them all over the last few days - in other words, he just skimmed big portions of them, or 2) read them over a long period of time, and is posting the reviews at once just to boost his post pedigree (and also forgetting a bunch of the details).

I dunno, it's the only excuse I can think of for saying that there's no mystery in Renegade Cause. Hasn't that been the reason a few readers have been turned off: too many unknowns over Harry's head, not enough resolution? :eek:

2. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

You wanted resolution? Well, here you get part of your wish, because the newest update of Renegade Cause has just been posted on DLP WbA, fanfiction.net, and PatronusCharm! As always, read, review, criticize (and I'm expecting a lot of this) and enjoy!

3. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As usual, I remain confused. But, er, pleasantly confused. I guess.

Something about banks...?

4. Silens Cursor

And once again, though probably everybody knows by now, I've updated Renegade Cause, finally finishing Chapter 30! Updates are in DLP WbA, PatronusCharm, and fanfiction.net. As always, read, review, criticize, and enjoy!

5. Johnny Farrar

Johnny Farrar High Inquisitor

I get the feeling that Nott is going to target Luna following the order from Malfoy. I liked Moody's caustic behaviour, exactly the way I envision the battle-hardened Auror. So, nice job with that.

There were a few parts that I did not like, for instance Lupin's revelation about why he kept the Potter accounts a secret failed to match the hyperbole that you had set up as the reason for his so-called betrayal. I was under the impression that Snape knew some dirty secret of Lupin's past that he was extremely unwilling to let people know. However, what you showed does not make a whole lot of sense for the man to go to such levels to hide it.

Lupin knew about Harry's childhood. Big deal. Dumbledore did, so did Hagrid. They may not have known before he came to Hogwarts, but what did they do after they knew about it. Nothing. Harry knows they know and he also knows that they have not done anything to change it, but he doesn't care all that much. At least he doesn't hate them cause of it. So, why should he hate Remus if he knew that the man was aware for quite a long time. The plot device works, but it feels a little lazy to use, I guess, when you could have used something more interesting to spice things up.

I've other problems with the pacing of the story and the way you went about introducing the mystery elements. But I'm not going to go into it for now. I'll re-read the fic after you finish it, the pacing may feel more natural then.

Good chapter overall, things are starting to fall into place and make sense.

6. mike.90

mike.90 First Year

The only thing I hate about this story is that the climax seems to be higher and higher. In every chapter we learn something new or discover something and I have a feeling that this isn't even the middle... Maybe it was meant to be like that.

Anyways, I liked the action scenes, where dueling was present. 5/5

7. Silens Cursor

And without answering questions, I give you an update instead: in DLP WbA, fanfiction.net, and PatronusCharm. Some definite questions raised in this chapter, so as always, read, review, criticize, and enjoy!

8. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

Reading the last chapter it seemed like Cassane is what an older version of this Harry would be like. I'm also now interested in how batshit insane the Potter's were and how many Death Eaters they killed on some huge mission of destruction. Keep it up Silens.

Also I read it last night so I may be wrong but did you say Barty Crouch Junior was arrested in the middle of hit wizard training? I thought he was arrested during the trial of Karkaroff. Either way doesn't matter much, not like this is following the books anyways.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  9. Silens Cursor

That's movie-canon, my friend, and it's Goblet of Fire movie-canon too (worst movie of the HP movies thus far). Nah, it's never made clear exactly how and where Crouch Jr. was arrested, so I went with my interpretation.

On that note, rest of Chapter 32 is in development. Proving fiendishly tricky to write, as it's a bit of a transition.

10. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

If I remember GoF correctly, Crouch, Bellatrix, and two of the other Lestranges participated in the torture of the Longbottom's. All were led in at the same time to the Wizengamot in the pensieve memory, suggesting to me that they were all arrested at the same time, most likely right after the torture.

Though as you said, it is clearly up to interpretation. I look forward to reading yours.

11. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

I'm a little disgusted with myself now for letting the movies influence my memory of the books.

12. Silens Cursor

13. RM.

RM. First Year

I was under the impression that, whether or it was genuinely something which Lupin should go to great lengths to hide, Lupin thought that it was.

Oh dear... /runs off with a story idea.

14. Silens Cursor

And after an extremely stupid period of waiting, we have Chapter 33 completed at last, posted on PatronusCharm, fanfiction.net, and DLP WbA.

Death threats may be posted below.

15. Silens Cursor

And after another stupidly long period of waiting, I have the long-awaited Chapter 34, published on DLP WbA, fanfiction.net, and PatronusCharm. As always, read, review, and enjoy!

16. Silens Cursor

And after a shitload of work, I've finally finished my longest chapter to date - and it has been posted on fanfiction.net, DLP WbA, and PatronusCharm. As always, read, review, and enjoy!

17. Silens Cursor

With speed that surprises even me, I've got the next chapter of Renegade Cause finished, and posted in DLP WbA, PatronusCharm, and fanfiction.net.

As always, read, review, criticize, bitch, hypothesize, and enjoy!

18. Silens Cursor

And with a lack of speed that should surprise absolutely nobody, here's the next chapter of Renegade Cause, posted on DLP WbA, PatronusCharm, and ffn.net.

As always, read, review, and enjoy!

19. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

ORGASM TIME!

20. Silens Cursor