1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Revenant by YamiPaladinofChaos - T - Code Geass

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by serasuna, Jul 18, 2012.

1. serasuna

serasuna Muggle

Title: Revenant
    Author: YamiPaladinofChaos
    Rating: T
    Genre: Post-R2, Drama/Mystery
    Category: Other Fandoms > Misc > Anime, Cartoons, and Comics
    Pairings: None
    Summary: Revenge is like a ghost. It takes over every man it touches. Its thirst cannot be quenched, until the last man standing has fallen. Post R2, no pairings.
    Link: Fanfiction.Net

It's exceedingly rare to find a decent Code Geass fanfic, much less a decent post-R2 fic, but this one is actually quite well-written.

The author is the same one that writes countless angst-riddled 500-word long character sketches and one-shots as well as badly conceived fics (ahem, I Heard the World and Gangster's Paradise) but don't be dissuaded. This is the author of Eating the Dead after all. He churns out good stuff once in a while.

Revenant manages to juggle the myriad characters quite well without anyone sticking out as terribly OOC. The major thing that sets this fic apart from the rest of the sad post-R2 fics is that it's simply plausible. Other fics call for such suspension of belief that it's quite clear the author's just re-writing the canon ending for their own desperate need for closure.

It also surprisingly manages to sustain its suspense. It opens with an army guy mysteriously going crazy and killing people, triggering diplomatic tensions between Japan and Britannia. The first two chapters is all set-up, but things really get rolling in the second half.

The ending is a tad of a cop-out and smells like a deus, but I won't complain too much. I enjoyed reading a somewhat decent post-R2 Code Geass fic.

I'm feeling a 4/5 on this one.

2. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Not a huge fan of this one, but that might be the setting (post-R2). His most recent work is really enjoyable though, Let the Monster Rise.

3/5