1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reviewers: We Want You!

Discussion in 'News' started by PatronusCharm FeedBot, Jun 5, 2008.

1. PatronusCharm FeedBot

PatronusCharm FeedBot RSS/Atom Feed Poster Bot

In the recent months, I've been watching the amount of reviews stories receive on PatronusCharm, versus say Dark Lord Potter, and the results are not good. Of our over 100 stories, we have a mere 500 reviews shared between them, many going to some larger stories, but even then 20 or 30 is a paltry number. We are PatronusCharm, we can do better than that. I ask that all of you make an effort to review each and every story you read, and each chapter as they're posted. Let authors know they're appreciated, give some constructive feedback. Even just a "Great, thanks much! Say, you said 'they're' when it should've been 'their' after Harry left Diagon Alley." helps authors a great deal. I want to see authors bringing their stories here, to PatronusCharm, not only for a better website, but for a better community and better feedback.

I've been guilty of this at times, but I'm trying to rectify this. In PatronusCharm 1.0.2 due soon, there may or may not be indicator icons showing status of reviews/favorites/alerts/bookmarks on that specific story, but for sure (and already implemented) is that quickreview will be disabled on a chapter if you've already reviewed. This will serve as a subtle reminder to review. Thank you all for your help. Remember, if you have any feature requests/bug reports you need only email me or post on the PatronusCharm Forums.

-Lord Ravenclaw at Thu, 05 Jun 2008 16:07:35 -0500

More...

2. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

The number of reviews might increase with the number of original stories posted on PC. I flipped through the site and noticed a lot of them were stories previously posted at ff.net, DLP Forums, etc. where they have already be read and possibly reviewed. I'd be interested to know how the stories that are posted at PC from conception are doing, review wise.

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Stories posted at both seem to do well, especially joe_6991's work. Does that mean you're volunteering to post more original stories there?

4. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I started a new story that I was writing as I wait for my latest ULFD to return from beta. I'll be more than happy to premiere it at PC ad see how it does. And can we expect more from you as well?

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

My work comes not in the form of words, but rather lines of code which make up PatronusCharm. I may write another story in the future...perhaps oneshots, maybe short stories, but I don't think I'll take on stories of EoH's caliber for a while.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

BAWK BAWK! You coward! Yellow Bellied snivelling gutless woooorm! You couldnt finish EoH even if you wanted to! Just abandon it now!

7. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I admit I've been rather lazy when it comes to reviews, from now on I'll write a little something after I'm done reading.

You giev moar EoH KEKEKEKEKE^__^