1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash'Ura, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Finally got a chance to catch up and finish this season, and I gota say, god damn. Some episodes were meh (like the cable box bs), but overall, the 2nd season's been fucking awesome. I don't understand why the wait between seasons is so long when there are only 10-11 episodes, but hopefully it'll continue to be worth the wait.

My personal highlights from this season:
    Rick's attempted suicide in "Auto Erotic Assimilation". Haven't had feels like that in a while. Ice-T's transformation in "Get Schwifty" made up for that though. I nearly shat my pants laughing. Last but not least: Rick's capture in the final. Knowing it was the final, I'd hoped the episode was gonna be a little longer than usual. Instead, I was left hanging.

It's gonna be a long year and a half.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I haven't seen any episode at all before last night and I happened to catch the finale. It was absolutely fantastic and I hate most of you for giving me yet another show Im going to have to keep up with.

3. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Rick and Morty video game (clearly based on Pokemon) coming!

[​IMG]

5. Jon

I heard you like your Plumbus in 3D?

[yt]g6frKRN2HzI[/yt]

6. The Great Pandemonium

The Great Pandemonium Fourth Year

This is not an april fools. Rick and Morty season 3 episode 1 is streaming right now on adult swim (At least in America). It will repeat till midnight.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams

7. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Oh that was great

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've caught bits and pieces of the show but tonight was the first time I actually watched an episode from the start. Even without a full understanding of what's happened I still enjoyed the setting and I guess main-Rick's humor.

Still irritated it looped into Samurai Jack's timeslot though.

9. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    That episode was excellent.

They're going full Darkest Timeline - and Dan Harmon is at the helm.

10. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Man, from Rick's "fake" origin story, to Morty shooting Rick, and finally Rick who I presume, is trying to convince Morty he doesn't care about him. This might be my favorite Rick and Morty episode.

11. Jon

Anyone else concerned about Rick rapidly switching bodies and leaving a chunk of his memory behind in his original body?

12. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Not really, it was a pretty small amount. I think you could tell his lack of improvisation near the end, when he started ranting about the szechuan sauce.

13. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    New episode was great. Nathan Fillion as the interreogator was fun.

Guess if I were to complain about one thing, but which was also true the last time the Rick station came into play, it really seems odd that there is a land of Ricks which all obey and work for a government. Even if they are all Ricks, seems to go against such a fundamental part of his character. Such widespread cooperation, subordination and following the rules seem so not Rick, no matter what kind of Rick.

Still, great episode.

14. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

It begins.

[​IMG]

15. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

I've always seen this contradiction as one of Rick's best characterizations. To quote the man himself:

"I'm The Rick. And so were the rest of you before you formed this stupid alliance. You wanted to be safe from the government, so you became a stupid government. That makes every Rick here less Rick than me."

Rick's belligerence towards the Council of Ricks takes on a powerful meaning from the season 2 finale. After failing to topple the Galactic Government and being labelled terrorRicks, the Council of Ricks made the smart decision to band together for safety, but you're right in that this was fundamentally unRick. They became what they had been fighting.

This is why I loved the premiere so much:
    Rick destroyed the Council and the Government at the same time, finally righting his biggest failure and taking out the pretenders. He is the Rickest Rick of them all, for better or for worse.

16. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

All in all, an awesome episode and a great April Fools surprise (even if it means no Samurai Jack). Here's a great, fun, and dark season of Rick and Morty.

17. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

God damn that wait was worth it.

Do we know if Rick's "fake" origin story was fake? Bug!Fillion said that Rick shouldn't have control and until he uploaded the virus, it would make sense that the most he could do was tweak bits and pieces of a memory. If so, that puts a whole new spin on why he hates himself more than anything and why he's such a detached cunt. That and the fact that McDonalds no longer serves Szechuan dipping sauce.

18. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I liked the ending of the federation and council of Ricks because it basically resets things. Those two elements have been lurking in the back since season 1, and even though they weren't really featured, they were always there, and featured prominently in fan theories and speculation. By scrapping them (in an awesome way), the series resets a bit, and can focus on hijinks, but with the emotional effects of this episode (Morty trying to kill Rick - itself a callback to Purge, Jerry moving out, all of the family relationships we see in those last minutes).

There's a ton to unpack here, but I do really wish this had been at the end of season 2. I think it would have worked better as a finale both because of the level of action/hijinks, and because of what it set up for the following episodes.

19. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

This show has the best fans.

[​IMG]

20. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Eh, it's the Venture Brothers opener. You resolve everything hanging over the series and set up a new status quo