1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rick and Morty

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Ash'Ura, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

How's everyone feeling about Season 3 so far?

I thought the Mad Max episode was kinda "meh," though the robot Morty and Summer had me chuckling pretty hard.

"Pickle Rick" was a fucking blast. I lost it when Rick's tongue touched the brain, and then the payoff with him absolutely murdering all those rats.

"God dammit I love myself."

And then when he gets into the prison, the shorthand the writers use to set up those well-known tropes is just... fucking smooth. And absurd.

The movie-poster freezeframe of Jaguar was hilarious.

"I'm not a cow. I'm a pickle. When I feel like it."

Susan Sarandon as the therapist was a nice touch.

But yeah. I'm fully committed after that episode. It was right up there with the best of Seasons 1/2.

2. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Pickle Rick was a disaster; they spent all the budget on lolrandom action scenes and didn't use it for actual humor.

3. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

What are you on about? PICKLE RIIIICK! was perhaps the most awesome episode to date.

Pickle RIIICK!

4. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

I actually liked the action scenes, but yeah, I thought the episode was really meh as well.

The Mad Max episode was the shit though.

5. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

I dunno. As much as I liked the season premiere and episode 2, I'm kinda 50/50 on episode three. Don't get me wrong, Pickle Rick was pretty fantastic, and the therapist herself was kinda great, but I wasn't all that enamored with how they handled Beth, Summer, and Morty during the session. Beth felt fairly out of character to me, and her attitude seemed to basically come out of nowhere; Morty and Summer both looked and sounded a little too emotionless during most of it. Rick's response at the end was pretty great though.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  6. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Edit: Missed Newcomb's post, he summed it up perfectly.

7. fire

fire Order Member

8. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  9. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

I agree I kept expecting them to reveal that they were still androids and the real Morty and Summer were somewhere else because they also did not want to go therapy.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  10. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Episode 3 was better than Episode 2. Susan as the therapist should be a reoccurring thing.

11. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

The therapist stuff was hella boring, but I liked the action in the pickle scenes.

12. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

My problem with the final therapist scene was that it was basically just monologuing the character motivations and themes at you. I was basically "okay, and?" to it, but I suppose it was partially necessary to make sure the audience was all in the same page.

The pickle scenes made me finally understand what people mean when they complain about Reddit humor

13. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Episode 4 isn't as action oriented as the previous one, but it was still fun. I especially liked that it allowed Morty to shine, due to his casual attitude about Drunk Rick and his actions.

Also, him breaking the fourth wall and telling us the audience that we aren't very special of different - continue with the nihilism thread :)

14. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Well, that's one way to shit on Marvel.

15. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I enjoyed this episode. Its especially when Morty thought Rick was showing feelings for him. And then that realization.

Logic rapping at the end was a bonus.

16. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

The Rick and Jerry half was boring, but Morty was gold this episode.

17. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I quite enjoyed the opening with Jerry and the deconstruction of Jerry but I know he's a bit of a marmite character. I always enjoy his scenes.

Most interesting I find is that I'm really starting to get the sense that of the whole family morty is becoming the one who doesn't 'need' Rick. Something that I didn't notice in previous seasons, I'm not sure if it's something I'm projecting or something that will develop but it will be interesting to see. We know what happens when one morty decided he didn't need Ricks any more.

18. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Nah, I'm with you on that. The last two episodes have definitely been emphasizing Morty's growing disillusionment from Rick, I wouldn't be surprised if they kept up with that and it became something of a mini-background arc. It's especially apparent now that they're trying harder to integrate Beth and Summer more.

19. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Considering the general tone of the show, I expect anything to happen at this point.

Everyone gives Jerry so much shit, but I enjoy pretty much all aspects of the show, if anything, Morty's mom is more annoying than anyone else in the show. Maybe it's because she's voice by Sarah Chalke, and ever since she was in Roseanne as Becky, I've not liked her. She's kept the same mentality/typecast through Rosanne, Scrubs, and now as an animated voice.

I do like when Morty gets a sense of his own independence. 90 percent of the time its Rick leading him into whatever and he's being expected to cope. This could be a reflection of his disconnect. It's just another Rick Adventure where he has to suck up his emotions and just deal with it.

20. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Yeah, I especially liked that part of this episode and the "You made my sister cry Ethan". IMO it was quite close to the level of sibling relationship of "I eat breakfast twenty yards away from my own rotting corpse".