1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Ron's Harem by Jeconais - M

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Korisovra, May 20, 2008.

1. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Title: Ron's Harem
    Author: Jeconais
    Rating: M
    Words: 6,543
    Published: May 15, 2008
    Pairing: Harry/TD,LT,PP,SB
    Genre: Comedy
    Era: Post-GOF
    Summary:
    In a similar vein to Ron's "Stupid", Ron puts together the ultimate harem.
    Linkage: http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/Rons_Harem/Rons_Harem.php

Not what it looks like, I swear. I'll give it a 4/5 just for being different.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 25, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2012
  2. Perfection

Perfection Fourth Year

Lol!

Enjoyed it a lot, sometimes I really get sick of a dumbass Ron. As usual Jeconais delivers well!

4.5/5

3. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

If it was a serious story I'd raise an eyebrow over Ron being massively OC, but as a throwaway, it was amusing. Although I was getting Golden Trio OT3 vibes at the start, seems like it was just a red herring.

4. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Fun and funny. I love a perceptive Ron, and the little sidelights were great.
    4/5

5. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

I'm kind of in shock... that was awesome.

Seriously. Nothing like what I expected. I could care less about Ron/Hermione or the fact that this makes Ron look clever. Fuck it.

4.5/5

6. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Manipulative!Ron...can't say I've read that before, myself. But it may be because I try to shelter myself from Ron as much as possible.

This, though, was actually worth it. I especially like how he got rid of Malfoy...though Harry ripping him apart organ by organ would have been better. 4/5.

7. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

I read it the other day. This drabble works very well as a one-shot. I almost wish Jeconais would get it betaed to his usual high standards and repost. Even though it's not, it's easily a 4-star story.

And since it's not an entirely Super Harry and adding some originality with Ron being the arranger... it's around 4.5 for me.

8. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

Not too bad for a drabble. An engagin writing style, Manipulative!Ron and excellent Malfoy bashing makes this stay fresh in my mind. Especially liked how Harry accepted the harem so readily, I'm a bit tired of authors doing an overly cheasy Gentleman!Harry.

4.5/5

9. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well I'm the first to admit that I'm a huge Jeconais fanboy, however i found this story lacking. While I would find it amusing to see a manipulative Ron, this story really just had him the same intelligence level and everyone else 100 IQ points dumber. Honestly the ways that he came up with were just so stupid that I couldn't believe it came from Jeconais.

Unfortunately a 2.5/5 from me

10. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I thought it would suck, but seeing the high ratings, gave it a try. It didn't disappoint. Funny, and great for a one-shot -- 4/5

11. Freelancer

Freelancer Fourth Year

Jeconias provide another fantastic work again, Manipulative!Ron is new and unusual for me, but I really enjoy this.

4.5/5

12. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Meh, he's done better. 2.9/5

13. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

personally I thought it was hiliarious.

4/5

14. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, I thought this was scads of fun, really. It's nice to see some "Harry gets some action" in a an actual thought out way - and Ron helping him out? I actually kinda dig that - I don't really hate Ron the way some do. Although the Ron/Hermione "lurve" was a bit annoying, it wasn't so bad - didn't take away from the fun manipulativeness of the rest of the story.

An amusing oneshot, above average.
    4/5

-J

15. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Loved it. Quite well done, and manipulative!Ron is new to me. Ron was way out of character, but, yes, it is just a one shot, so it is irrelevant.

4.5/5. Definitely worth the read.

16. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I didn't read it when it first came out because I try to stick to Harry centric stories, but after reading some of the positive reviews, I decided to go for it. I am glad I did. Although it wasn't a laugh out loud story, it still kept me amused throughout the whole thing.

Plus, I actually like Ron in the books, for I believe him to be a normal teenage boy with normal flaws, and any story that portrays him in a good light is okay in my book.

As I don't read many oneshots, I can't bring myself to rate it based upon others.

17. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Huh. I didn't think this would've been worth putting into the library but it appears I was wrong. I'll say what I said when I plugged this fic in Almost Recommended a few days ago: it's pretty unremarkable. Perhaps I've just come to expect too much polish from Jeconais, but this seemed like a mildly interesting idea, written well, good for a once-through and a smile but that's about it.

Jeconais can do fanfic miles better than this, but he wasn't really trying. It's in the abandoned, drabbles section of his site where not even story alerts go out. It was enjoyable, fine for what it was, but I see little point in examining it deeper or thinking about it more. Somewhere between 3/5 and 4/5 for me.

18. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

@Nonjon - I think we've gone so long without a real winner being made outside of DLP, that we're ready to take what we can get. While it isn't up to Jeconais's usual standard, it is a one-shot that DOES amuse. It takes an old (and relatively retarded) idea (the harem) and turns it inside out. It was clever, original, and a lot of us are fucking tired of all the Ron bashing that goes on in DLP friendly stories (we may not like him very much, but bashing in general is usually a story killer).

At least, that's my explanasion. Clever/original one-shots are hard to come by.

19. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Title's pretty misleading. As far as one-shots go, pretty good, but he says he jotted it down in a rush and it shows. 3.5/5.

20. yhelo

yhelo Sixth Year

I lol'd.

4/5