1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Rush Moon by JustNibblin - T - Futurama

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by ReverseSide, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

Title: Rush Moon
    Author: JustNibblin
    Rating: T
    Pairing: Fry/Leela
    Link: FFN
    Summary: Fry awakes in a dumpster, learns he's been missing for a year, that he's been fired from PE, and that Leela hates him for a despicable act. But not everything is what it seems. Explains how last TV episode connects to BBS. WARNING! PLOT TWISTS GALORE!

-:-

I'm normally no fan of Futurama fanfiction, but this story really drew me in despite my reservations. The beginning is a little disorientating, but it actually works in the context of the plot. I'm actually afraid of spoiling something just by describing the story - that's how intricate the plot seems to be.

To sweeten the deal, JustNibblin uses flashbacks very well. Often flashbacks are used when the author is too lazy to set up the story, but in this case they're actually used properly. The story is interesting and well-developed both in the present and in the past, and the way that they intertwine is used to great effect.

Most importantly, the characters are not two-dimensional caricatures of themselves, as seems to be prevalent in Futurama stories. They've got depth and all seem to be hiding something crucial to the story - but unintentionally.

Really, if any of you has watched and enjoyed the (amazing) movie Rashomon, then you'll appreciate this fic quite a bit, I imagine.

(Rush Moon <-----> Rashomon)

4/5 - it's not perfect, but it's close.

2. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, I'm cautious, as Futurama is my favorite television show, but after reading the first 3 chapters, I think I'll give it a go. I'll report back later; here's to hoping it's a good one.

3. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Me: It's awesome.

JustNibblin: Shut up Baby, I know it.

4. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

This shit is the BOMB! 5/5.

5. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Read all the way through to find that it was abandoned. Very frustrating.

6. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

What!? NO!!!!!

*cries*

7. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Its not abandoned anymore, the author has returned and updated. The chase is heating up.