1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    So I think Reg might be mad at me now :v

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I am trying to read the flavor but I keep bursting into tears.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

So I think Vira should be like designated flavor-writer from now on.

Also Fable I tried but I was too heavy :/

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Is okay.

He was long overdue for a mislynch.

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    (I'll chuck in that when Cobalt bussed Zen I hadn't played against THAT level of bussing before either, so idfk why Reg things I'd cotton on to Fable doing it about five times harder)

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

And so ended hyperbussing on DLP.

7. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Man, that Reg mislynch hurt to read. Dude poured his soul into this game, something like 1200 posts if you count auto-merges. I don't think he's even a fraction capable of that as scum.

A fantastic game overall though, only a couple slots who weren't pretty engaged, and obviously incredible play on Fable's end.

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I also would have lynched blab!

That was some great flavor.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Are we getting witches next?

---------- Post automerged at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Although... I might be tapping out for the first time since TH6. Hm.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Honestly I kind of feel like Reg posted TOO MUCH...like, there's a whole bunch of research saying big walls of facts tend to entrench people against them if they were already inclined not to listen. Basically he was a scientist in a room full of flat earthers :v

The thing that annoys me about this game is my takeaway is simultaneously to pay MORE attention to silver bullets (Miner, Fable) and to pay LESS attention to them too (Regfan, Cobalt). I have no idea what to make of this. Maybe just that they're unreliable...

I guess I'll play whatever comes up next. It can't possibly be more embarrassing than this was :v

---------- Post automerged at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Also, from obs:

can someone explain to me why this is scummy? I mean obviously it WAS, but I don't get it.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Next game discussion is up in general mafia discussion thread.

12. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I wrote a lot of flavor for this game, many that didn’t get used. So, because you guys were great players, I bring you a gift.

Deleted Scenes.

If Vaimes Had Shot Cobalt D2.

Without warning, Vaimes pulled a gun from his coat and shot Cobalt!

Cobalt collapsed and rolled weakly on the ground, blood pooling around him.

A random person ran to his side and took his hand. “Cobalt! Cobalt! Are you okay?”

“I’m dyin” he gasped out, coughing a spray of blood. “I have… I have to tell you…”

“What? What?” The random person leaned closer and Cobalt’s breath was heavy on their cheek.

“I…”

“Yes?”

“My…”

“YES?”

A shudder escaped him and with one last breath:

“My avatar is super cool.”

Then Cobalt died.

But no one cared because they later found he murdered someone. Dammit Cobalt.

If Vaimes Had Shot Jari D2.

Without warning, Vaimes pulled a gun from his coat and shot Jari!

Jari clutched his bare chest, his white vest turning crimson. His tail twitched and when he collapsed he rolled weakly on the ground, blood pooling around him.

“Please,” he gasped, but everyone was too scared to approach. They surrounded him, watching, judging. “Please… I… I just…”

Tears streamed down his cheeks. “I just want a cool death scene! This can’t be it…”

No one knew what to say.

“I worked hard and I know I deserve it after Witch Hunt 8. This is my moment, so please… Give me something better!

His scream echoed up past the pearly gates, past the observation room and drinking pit, past the Road of Modship and up and up to the highest echelons where a co-god was roused from a trashy slash fanfic.

It shrugged. “Sorry, can’t really think of anything.”

If Vaimes Had Shot Stanari/Random Person D2.

Without warning, Vaimes pulled a gun from his coat and shot Stanari!

Stanari collapsed, blood pooling around her. Red soaked into her white shirt, and her life flashed before her eyes. Regret filled the space the blood left and she stared up into the big blue sky.

Her last thought was, ‘Why does my death scene suck ass.

If Jari Had Been Hammered Immediately Before He Spoke D3.

When Jari was kicked down a well, he didn’t make a sound. He didn’t struggle or fight, just disappearing into the darkness like a puppet with his strings cut.

It wasn’t even noon yet.

“Tell me again why we’re ending Day early?” some guy said.

“We need his flip.”

Some guy continued like they hadn’t heard them. “No time to defend himself or respond to inactivity prods, we’re just kinda doing this now? Do you know what this does?”

“Gets us his flip?”

“This tortures the flavor mod by making her write stuff on the spot. That seems mean.”

There was a moment of thoughtful silence.

Finally, a shrug. “I don’t care.”

Everyone nodded and they wandered back up the path to town, wondering how to spend the rest of their Day.

“You know,” someone said. “How are we going to get Jari’s flip? We kinda kicked him down a well.”

“Meh, he was scum, who cares.”

But little did they know…

If Pienyan Had Been Lynched D4.

“You can’t do this!” Pienyan cried, defiant, but the rocket she was tied to was already heating up. Her dress fluttered in the wind. “I’m town!”

“We were wrong last time,” someone allowed, “but this time we’re sure. The pious one has shown us the way. Enjoy the stars.”

Pienyan’s face twisted. “Hey-”

The town retreated a good distance away. A cat was already there, watching with ears alert. The red and black dot of Pienyan still struggled, but they chained her tight. They were lucky Red Shirt Jim had graduated from the engineering school of ‘I Didn’t Google Rockets And I Don’t Care.’

“Should I hit the button?” someone said, and everyone else shrugged. The pious one wasn’t there, having left muttering about getting the next execution ready. “We’re not waiting for anything, are we?”

“What if we’re wrong?” The middle one wringed their hands. “Maybe Pienyan is town and this is her first game here and we completely mislynched her in the worst way possible and Obs is covering their eyes and Vira is crying every time she posts a votal and-”

Someone slapped them. Even the cat winced. The middle one held their cheek before sighing.

“Thanks. Paranoia doesn’t suit us. Let’s lynch scum.”

The button was pressed.

Smoke and fire guzzled out of rocket end and Pienyan struggled fiercer as it lifted off the ground. It shot into the dusk, the clouds parting, until only a hint of light could be seen.

A new star joined the sky.

Someone nodded. “An exit worthy of scum.”

Everyone departed after that, until only Red Shirt Jim was left staring into the sky. After a while they sighed, turned around, and caught the gaze of the cat.

It gave him a look of… pity?

(Kind of revealing. I would have edited this one down).

If Blab Had Been Lynched D5.

“… so those the changes I made to Witchhunt,” Kai said. “Play yes or play very yes?”

It was a question of some importance. Though the dead hung out on the edge of Obs, overlooking the town below, their ability to go off-topic was of legend.

Some had yet to get that memo. “They’re tying Blab to a cannon,” Quiddity said, looking through binoculars. He was hunched over a plate of the gooiest chocolate chip cookies in the world, made by the most stereotypical white grandmother history could find. “He looks pretty resigned.”

Everyone ignored him.

“I wanna play,” Jari said, kicking his feet. “I definitely like that the Leeroy can go off as many time as you want and Watchman and Oracle are in every game.”

“… That religious guy is doing a sermon. Are they really going to fire that cannon? I thought we didn’t do gory stuff? Oh my god, they lit the fuse…”

“Mmhm!” Zenzao said. His mouth had been taped shut because he didn’t know how to stay off-topic. Quiddity was soon to join him.

“I don’t think I have time to play,” Waco said, looking far off into the distance into a world where he did. “I really don’t…”

A bang echoed up into Obs. Quiddity nearly dropped his binoculars.

“Blab’s in pieces. Jesus… Is that his leg poking out from that rock? A bunch of people just threw up…”

Font took Quiddiy’s binoculars. “Fired in front of a cannon? Lame. Where’s the creativity?”

(Unfinished, to my shame).

If DC Had Been Lynched D6.

“You see that pole?” someone screamed into DC’s ear over the plane engine. “We’re going to drop you from 10,000 feet onto that pole!”

DC looked down. He couldn’t help it as his front was dangling out of the open plane door like in the Dark Knight Rises, which is better than the Dark Knight.

He couldn’t see the pole but he could see the painted red circle around it. It was a long way down.

“There’s no way you can hit that!” DC screamed back, but the person holding him didn’t seem to hear him. His heart beat a million miles per minute and his hand tightened around the door handle for all the good that did.

The sky burned red, the black of night chasing the sun to the horizon. It would be the last sunset, he knew. He would not make it to night.

He had to do something.

“Hey-”

But wind swallowed his words as a boot kicked him out the plane and then the wind swallowed him too. He fell and fell, and the people on the ground watched as he rushed to meet them-

He missed the pole.

By a mile.

After his body was cleaned up, someone remained behind, lighting a cigarette. “He wasn’t scum,” they said to another. “Scum would have hit that pole. It’d be a great death.”

A hand touched their arm. “Then why didn’t we nominate [insert member of town here]?”

“They’re not good at hitting the target.” They shook their head. “No siree.”

(This one was a tad revealing, soooo-)

Alt-DC Lynch D6.

DC struggled, rope binding his back tightly to the mouth of the cannon. “I’m not scum!”

“You have been found guilty of murder,” the pious one said. “This is your punishment.”

“This is wrong.” DC looked at the rest of the town and tried to gesture with his hands. It didn’t really work. “Look at this! Why would the last scum be executed in a filler execution style? There’s nothing dramatic about this!”

Everyone exchanged glances. Someone said, “DC, we’re tired of dramatic stuff. That rocket seriously dented our budget. We had this cannon lying around so, you know…”

“I don’t know! This is so stupid!”

Someone clicked a lighter onto the fuse. Sweat beaded DC’s face.

“So stupid…”

BANG!

Afterwards everyone picked themselves off the ground. “Not cleaning this,” someone declared, which was followed by immediate affirmatives. The last one to say anything was patted on the shoulder of everyone strolled out, cheerful of the thought of no more scum.

The last one sighed and looked at the mess DC had made.

“They never tell you about the cleanup,” they muttered, fetching a mop. “It’s what they never tell you about executions…”

If No One Had Been Lynched D6.

And so no one killed anyone and everyone shook hands, then went into their houses and hid under their beds.

Shhh, be very quiet…

If No One Had Been Lynched D7.

And so no one killed anyone and everyone shook hands, laughing and crying and loving all on this wonderful Earth. Then each went back to their house, left the door wide open and went to bed smiling, leaving a sign on the porch:

Please kill me so I don’t have to deal with this, thx.’

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm laughing. Also crying still but mostly laughing.

Thank you for the awesome flavor!

14. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I skimmed and didn't get the full context so it looked like fable was blatantly saying you were town while voting you.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Regfan

If you're mad about me getting you mislynched for the first time in years and ending your winning streak just remember to blame eido for inviting me here. :3

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    No, no, blame Newcomb for inviting ME here! At least you were SUPPOSED to get him mislynched :v

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I think I probably could have endgamed on towncred alone if I claimed VT and didn't fuck shit up.

---------- Post automerged at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Gg guys! Thanks for coming through Fable

Thanks for all the early pockets Reg/Stanari much love <333

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Win streak had to come to an end at some point and I'm not mad at you, you're mafia it's your job to do that. Congrats on the win, you played a very solid first few days here. Have no idea how you going from "100% DC" -> Selfvoting due to being that sure -> Fabricating a reasoning to vote me wasn't considered a near scum claim at the end of D6 there but you played them like fiddles in that MYLO.

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That seems likely yeah, was planning to win in f5 with you 100% until that happened.

---------- Post automerged at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Thx.

And to be fair you're the first person to ever catch me without a red check so that was really impressive. Never really had to deal with pressure like that as a wolf before and I think it showed and I have no idea how I wormed my way out of it.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Honestly most of that was genuinely due to just a general lack of heads-ups in scumchat like I had no idea Zen was gonna wall me and got super pissed when I saw it lmao