1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Volume 4 - 22nd October

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Download, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  2. Ven Arima

Ven Arima Slug Club Member

I am so unbelievably excited for this I don't know what to do with myself. The concept art is all very fitting and I'm really digging the direction Ruby and Weiss' designs are taking. Can't say too much more since there's still not much info out but I have high hopes.

Also, I heard somewhere there'd be more character trailers in the same vein as the Red Trailer and so forth but no kind of confirmation. Is that just smoke or has anyone heard that as well?

3. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

If you search around you can find the volume 4 trailer (I can't link since it keeps getting taken down and reposted.) The trailer follows Ruby and is sort of like the original Red trailer I guess?

4. NK01

NK01 Squib

When ever I think about it I can't help but feel agitated over how long it will be until it's released. It's nice that well be able to see more of remnant as they leave Vale. It should help flesh out the world.

5. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

But why does Blake have a coat though.

6. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Rule of cool. Yeah, maybe she wouldn't need the coat if she just covered up her midriff. But she wouldn't look anywhere near as cool, would she?

7. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

But why does Yang have one arm though? I mean it's cool, but not very handy is it?

8. Harshmate

Harshmate First Year

High Score:
    Is there going to be a time skip? There's a costume change so probably, right? And they look older too. Oh wait, at the start Ruby would be with JN&R. So there will be a scene where the four RWBY characters meet. That is going to be one of the major themes in this season isn't it?

They meet, not everyone is alright, they fight, they separate, then meet and join up again further in the season.

The costumes look badass though. Probably a two year time skip. Only Blake has her Gambol Shroud. Obviously Ruby's still fighting as her cape is torn and she has a backpack. She is most definitely fighting. Blake is probably a lone wolf type. Probably sabotaging White Fang or something. She has that coat that people like Hei like to wear. Yang doesn't have her Ember Celica. She is probably not fighting. Neither is Weiss who seems to have regressed back into her high society shtick.

So somewhere in the season Ruby would meet Weiss and try to convince her to join the revolution or whatever. Weiss would probably refuse and act as un-Weiss like as possible. Ruby would meet with Yang and they would somehow meet Blake. Yang gets pissed off at her and thus they too separate. Then something would happen and the four would get together. Weiss would probably join first. The other two, who knows?

This season would probably be darker and more mature than the others overall but not as serious as the last episodes of season three.
    On Ruby's Silver Eyes, she wouldn't really have control over them or know precisely what they do. But through this season she'll learn.
    We won't see much of Salem and most of the season would be focusing on already established villains. Maybe some new villains thrown in.
    Jaune and Ruby would have the will they won't they thing going on but they probably will not couple up this season. There will be some tension but Jaune would be too hung up on Pyrrha.
    JN&R would get some focus early on but they would give way to RWBY as the season goes on.

That's all I got. Oh and Qrow'll probably die. Got no clue where Raven's at though.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  9. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Yeah. Same.

10. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

Harshmate

Use line breaks. Only syed gets to syed.

11. Jul3

Jul3 Squib

High Score:
    RWBY

I have been looking forward to volume 4 all year. It would be great to see some more world-building as they leave Vale. Since the 4 main characters have split up, I hope rooster teeth will allow us to explore the different parts of remnet.
    Weiss dress seem to indicate that we will be seeing the upper-class in Atlas at least.

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see!
    I can keep it from the world,
    Why won't you let me hide from me?