1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Sage by Digitize27 - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by The Pro, Aug 4, 2016.

1. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    Title: Sage
    Author: Digitize27
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    Pairing: Naruto/Fū
    Chapters: 92
    Words: 510,604
    Updated: Apr 10, 2014
    Published: Jul 13, 2013
    Summary: When Naruto is given a gift considered legendary even in a world where walking on water is a daily occurrence for some, will it lead him on a path towards peace or will the consequences of said gift leave a hole in his heart too large to fill?
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9486691/1/Sage

I was very surprised when I searched for this story everywhere and could not find it. This is frankly one of the best stories that I could find in the Naruto fanfiction domain. Granted that's not necessarily high praise, but this particular story is leagues better than the typical cesspool of trash that you can find in any domain.

The entire premise is based on Naruto witnessing the arbitrary murder of the Ichirakus and awakening the Rinnegan. He kills the murderers in an uncontrolled burst of power before fleeing when he reawakens. He then becomes a monk at the Fire Temple and sets out to travel the world after a few years.

This is, as I said earlier, one of the best Naruto stories. It has excellent grammar, exemplary prose, masterful characterization and good wordbuilding. I would recommend this story to anyone who wishes to enjoy one with a good, original premise. I'd rate it a 4/5.

2. magglez

magglez First Year

Are you the author? Because (some offence meant) this story is a pile of dogshit. 92 chapters of dogshit, so if nothing else it's a decent waste of time, but still just awful. I dig the whole Rinnegan Naruto thing though. Even when done so poorly.

3. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    No. I am not the author at all.

4. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I read it to chapter 62 2,5 years ago. I remember this fic, so I pulled up my review from back then.

Basically, I hated it. Detested it, in fact. I thought it was awesomely long, well written with a concise plot, but I really hated Naruto's character. Naruto here is a pacifistic, world peace-seeking messiah figure.
    There's the OC who was created pretty much to fall in love with Naruto and then be killed off in order for Naruto to have some character development. That pissed me off.
    Naruto constantly fainting was annoying, as was his tendency to always take the moral high ground.

It had some good moments, and I can underatand why people who like "hero" protagonists would like this fic, but personally it mostly filled me with disgust.

5. Rakshae

Rakshae Squib

If I remember this story correctly it had good writing with one of the most cringe inducing plots I've ever encountered. Naruto becomes an OC Jesus stand in and generally whines his way to ultimate power. 2/5 with 1.5 of that for the technical aspects.