1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sanity is Fleeting But I'll Live Forever by Jenkins

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Jenkins, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Ok, this is just here because I think we're making a review thread here for WbA reviews? That's what I thought anyhow.

Title: Sanity is Fleeting But I'll Live Forever
    Author: Jenkins (Me)
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/General
    DLP Category: Independent?
    Pairing: Harry/Fleur
    Summary: After an assault on privet Drive, Harry is taken captive by Voldemort's forces and driven to insanity. With the help of a Mind Magics professional, Harry walks the fine line between sanity and insanity following his urge to gain revenge and destroy Voldemort.
    Link: DLP
    FF.Net

I hope I did this right...

EDIT: For the new, unbeta'd chapter go to WbA link.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  2. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

Psst.... the format, do it in proper format.

Quickly, before the other tear you a new one!

3. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Well, I really like this one. One of the best Insane!Harry characterizations I've seen. He's quite obviously fucked in the head, but not completely over the top like some authors tend to make him. Well written, and with a decent plot.

So far, 4.5/5.

4. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

I can quite honestly say I have no idea what to think about this story as of yet. Need much more to figure this one out. I did like that the Dursley's died in a car crash. Too bad Vernon wasn't drunk.

?/5 for now.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o.o

The format made me want to kill you the first time I read it. This is DLP fucker. Adhere to the fucking standards or get the fuck out.

I have no further critic of the story.

MY BALLS! THEY CLINK!

CLINK CLINK CLINK!

6. SKsniper128

SKsniper128 Fifth Year

What the fuck?

7. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You da man Jenks. I do think you repeat the whole 'harden the fuck up' message a bit though.

8. dragon_89

dragon_89 Squib

I quite like this....:) just yeah...the format ;p 3.5/5

9. Lord Boufniak

Lord Boufniak Squib

So far, this is pretty good. The flashback in the first chapter was a little hard to get through, but the rest isn't bad. 3 out of 5 for the moment.

10. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was all right. Not great, though. It just seems a bit "rushed" to me, especially that last chapter (5), I can't really get into it. It's interesting, I guess, I just don't see what's so original about it. I'll keep an eye on it for now, but I hope it improves - there's some potential there.

3/5
    -J

11. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Uh what? Why would he do that, inside his prison cell no less? He could've used it to help escape.

12. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

Because he's insane? He, apparently, didn't think of himself as escaping and just saw it as a way to piss off Malfoy.

Well thats how I saw it anyway.

13. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fail.

Because he's an insane whackjob maybe?

EDIT: Not maybe Lincos, definitely. Questions already been asked.

14. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

The entire story is too rushed. Especially chapter 5. It needs to slow down. 3/5

15. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

And get toned down, Harry comes off more as being exceptionally stupid rather than insane.

16. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

Thanks for the reviews. I've been planning a re-write since I finished chapter 2 (or just planned to scrap it) and now I think I definitely have to go back and change a lot around.

The problem is, I'm finding it hard to focus on Harry and still keep a good long pace with it (The reason I placed those chapters which weren't focused on Harry in, plus they provide certain plot elements). If anyone has any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated.

On Harry's character, right now I'm starting to show his insanity as just a hyped up version of Luna. The darker side of his insanity was to come later and I dropped a hint or two as to what would happen. How do people feel about the potrayal of crazy!Harry in particular?

Again, thanks for the reviews. By the way, can anyone give me pointers on how to use the review feature of Microsoft Word? I'm kinda lost on it and my awesome beta used it. Unfortunately I can't go on IRC and ask around.

Thanks for whatever help you guys can give. Now excuse me while I go to some of the earlier intro threads and see whose I can find.

17. Inziladun

Inziladun First Year

In the beginning he is speaking to himself about whats going to do to Bellatrix and Voldemort, but when the moment come he fires a stupefy and Bella gets him; they torture him, but there is not really a big scene of torture in which he resists and fights with insults an such, so the getting crazy thing seems too fast.

And the worst, even if it really amazes me that the escape plan works, is when he has Malfoy's wand and breaks it... seems stupid, not crazy, he could have just as easily used the intact wand, which could have been broken then, and not by his stupidity.

Well, it is still soon to know if I'll like it, a crazy Harry can do some things that I' would like cannon Harry to do but we all know what a pansy he is, so I'll stick around to se what your Harry does.