1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Santa Round 2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Midknight, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ahh fuck it. Just bought the THQ bundle and didnt realise you have to send the entire bundle rather than sending a game off at time.

So.

Best Haiku wins the lot.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

For great DLP-
    Holiday gifts shared with glee,
    Connect you and me.

I kid, I kid... sort of. I tried something simple and in the spirit.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Seconding this. The info is here, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlqagtUce9FudExHXzBBUWtUQnM5V0w2MjJfQjY5OVE#gid=0

and since that one isn't totally up to date, check the thread, or you can check my friends list. I didn't bother even looking at anyone who wasn't intelligent enough to give me their info. For alot of the assignments, if it wasn't a well known/friended person I included their steam profile in a pm, which is something we shouldn't have had to do, since the one giant rule was, no steam link in sig, no gifts. So many ignored this I threw it out for this year, but next year I'm not going to.

I've still got ones to assign, and I'm going to ask for help with the rest of the lot left over, as I'm burned out on it. May get Jon to do it, may just tell folks to randomly send it out. Next year we need to look at putting a lower end cost limit on the games. Indie games are awesome, but I'm left with a ton of games most folks have, so it's impossible to easily give them out. Next year also, we've GOT to have some sort of database. Trying to do this via spreadsheets is an exercise in stress.

We need something that will look at the steam profile and take note of what games a person has and what they want, or maybe we can just do check boxes. PC or Mac only, etc.

Edit: There's still some really top notch games left. Especially BF3, but it's Origin US only, so I had trouble figuring out who to give it to. I was going to take it, but I don't have the time to devote to it, so if you want it, and are going to give the game the shitton of time it deserves, speak up.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  4. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Huge thanks to Beonid for Witcher 2 and Portal 2! Will be put to good use.

Also I have a copy of Saints Row 3 and Elder Scrolls IV: GotY to throw in the pot if it's not too late. If it is I'll just save it for next time.

Elder Scrolls IV is taken, Saints Row 3 still available.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. Midknight

6. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

If a copy of Dear Esther and Galactic Civilizations II is still available, I wouldn't mind having/picking them up.

I still have a copy of torchlight II if anyone is still wanting a copy.

In the same boat. I want it but know I wouldn't play it often enough.

7. Midknight

Send it to Jon

Watched vids of dogfighting in jets. Want so bad to play with my shiny new joystick I got for Planetside 2. Which btw has SHIT joystick support, so don't anyone else make that mistake. It treats all input as digital keypresses, even from the analog stick. 10% is the same as 100% lean on the stick. You're better off flying with the mouse in PS2, because with the joystick you're going to rage, rage, rage.

8. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Thanks to Nidryn for Portal 2

9. Arawn

Arawn First Year

shit, that was you? so sorry i got confused by the displayed name in steam. :facepalm thank you very much for your gift. :p

thanks also goes to middy for kotor II :D

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

One of the few times I'm happy with one of the collectors edition bundles I got... Ace Combat 6 came with the awesomely unique name Ace Edge, awesome styled controller. Works well with PC and the Pinaccle profiler helps out tons.

A bit to get used to but I love AC and that was just too much to pass up considering it was a gift someone in my family offered, back when it came out.

[imgur]5qdSM[/imgur]

11. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

You had better download the restoration mod for that. Latest version is 1.8 I think.

12. Midknight

13. Deplore

Deplore Seventh Year

Not much good jet titles beside the arcady hawx or what's that second game name.... ace combat?

The only other games are pretty much simulators.

14. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    IL-2 STURMOVIK play it nao.

15. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Sadly, no. I have hopes that Ace Combat: Assault Horizon will be as good as AC5/AC4/AC-Zero, but dunno. Looks positive so far.

17. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Middy, I know I begged out of receiving any more Santa games, but if they're still available, I'll put my hat in for Frozen Synapse, LIMBO, and/or SpaceChem, please. Frozen Synapse is worth it for the music alone, LIMBO for its dark humor, and SpaceChem's loosely chemistry-styled gameplay has got me curious.

I've sent most of my assigned Santa games out already, but need friend-invite-acceptances from: Aziraphale, Nemrut, Zerg Lurker, Deplore, Xantam, Arawn, Paimon, and CheddarTrek. Sorry folks, I was last in front of my PC a fortnight ago, and have only been able to send out the latest batch of invites today. If you accept them asap, then I'll gift you the next chance I get - might be tomorrow, might be another fortnight.

Lutris, thank you for Crysis 2. I'm going to love the single player campaign.
    Beonid, thanks for Hotline Miami. That game is... yeah. Bizarro awesome.
    Middy and Ashan, thanks for trying to get me into the Total War games, but I'm a lost cause there. I would've felt hell'a guilty if I'd accepted them just to gather dust in my library.

18. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

If it is not too late, I have a copy of the Fallout Classic collection (1, 2, and brotherhood), Company of Heroes Complete pack, and a few copies of DotA 2 (as if enough are not floating around) for anyone who wants them.

Also, thanks to Nidryn for Torchlight!

19. chriar

chriar Third Year

Warlocke accept my friends request please.

20. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Accept the invite bro.