1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Searches that don't require their own threads.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Jormungandr, Aug 13, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Following in the vein of this thread, this topic is for quick and minor story searches - ones that don't really need an entire thread dedicated to them.

Only rule, which is more of a guideline, is that you quote the person you're responding to - this is to help with keeping things a bit organized.

So, I'll kick this off.

-

This fic interests me. The concept, mind, not the execution (obviously - read it and find out). Chiefly, this is because of:

1. Dumbledore is supportive of Harry, and is actually doing something to help him. Basically, it avoids the general characterization of Dumbledore always seen these days on FFn. Basically, Mentor!Dumbledore.

2. Harry actually gets off his rear-end and tries to learn things, realizing that his ass is on the line - literally.

3. The author has set the divergence during the Triwizard, with Hermione, Ron, and most of Gryffindor abandoning Harry.

I'm also wondering if there are any fics out there that have this third point written well.

I know there are fics out there (such as Pers' Dagger and Rose) that have a mentor!Dumbledore, but are there any others, lesser known ones? Hopefully with a pro-active Harry?

2. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

There's Journey Through the Dark, which has that TriWiz divergence and fluctuates between wut?/meh and good (the scenes with Dumbledore). It's not really unknown though, it's got a thread here.

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The General by nos tres reges fits the bill pretty well, though not the third point. Still, worth reading.

4. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This fic I'm looking for is an old one and I can't exactly remember the title, but it was immortal Harry experimenting with magic then getting stuck with a lightning I think and waking up in the past. It's a guilty pleasure fic, so if no one know, no problem, but I would be grateful.

5. pepper

pepper First Year

6. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
  7. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Anyone know of any decent Harry/Buffy crosses? All the ones I've come across are either slash or very poorly characterized.

"Oh gawd, English guy unlike Giles, and sooo hawt! Nice eyes!" Buffy thought randily, a wet spot appearing between her legs.

8. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

9. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    Sadly it ends there...

10. Atomicwalrus

Atomicwalrus Fourth Year

I've been looking for this story for a few months now off and on, it was a time travel story in the vein of the Time Travellers Wife with Harry due to an accident with an experimental form of apparation becoming 'unstuck in time'.

The stories present from memory was post epilogue and close to cannon to that point but Ron had recently died. The pairings started as cannon but ended up Harry/Hermione Ginny/dean form memory and Harry died in one of his trips to the past.

I read the fic when I first started reading fanfiction so I'm pretty sure nostalgia is clouding my judgement of how good it was, but I'm interested in reading it again.

11. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

Hi guys I am searching for a fic. I get the feeling it is quite well known, I just can't remember the name of it. It is a Harry Potter DeathNote cross, but I think it was in the Harry Potter category. Basically Harry is a genius child sent to an orphanage for the gifted. He sees people's Death clock above their heads, and is modeled after (and even called) Beyond. He has a really weird almost obsessive relationship with L (he sees him as his superior.)

12. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Does anyone remember the story where Harry had some talent in necromancy? He was living with Lily and kept Jame's dead body somewhat animated and living at home. Lily was basically non-functioning and Harry had started to be tutored by a couple former Death Eaters. It was on livejournal, not ffn. It was also in one of the almost recommendable threads, but I can't find it now.

13. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

I found a fic on here a long time ago, but I can't remember the name or precisely where I saw it, and I can't find it again. It was a crossover with the Sandman/Endless , I don't remember very much about it aside from Harry forgetting them at the end of the story. I think Harry ran away from the Dursleys and was more-or-less raised by Sirius sent back by Desire, but I could have that confused with a different one.

Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about? I'd also appreciate any decently written Sandman/HP crossovers.

14. InfernoCannon

InfernoCannon Seventh Year

15. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

What Inferno said.

There was also a lot of disapointment with the end of the story, though it did fit, because
    it seemed to be setting up a Death/Harry relationship or marriage, with Harry taking the name/role of 'Decision').

16. T3t

High Score:
    @bob99: That was Post Mortem: Dawn of Day.

17. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Thanks. I was hoping that there was a sequel. But it looks like it was never started.

18. T3t

High Score:
    It'll probably be up eventually, the author is still writing.

19. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If you meant Endless/HP, then Heather Sinclair is writing a great story: Death's Knight. It involves Harry winding up in the recently re-booted DC universe.

20. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Thanks!
    Awesome, I'll check it out.

Not open for further replies.