1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Second To None by RoczaDeb - Stargate SG1

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Otters, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Second To None
    Author: RoczaDeb
    Rating: T
    Genre: Angst/Humor
    Length: 101k
    Summary: Jack's Clone goes to USAF BMT. POV. Challenge. ALL CHAPTERS HAVE BEEN UPDATED. Sixth WOT is up. Merry Christmas!
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3619410/1/Second-To-None

-​

This is a look at Jack O'Neill's younger clone going through military training with all the experience and skill of his older self. It feels a little bit like a Peggy Sue fic, only without the time travel. There are bits of flavour showing the unique situation coming from Jack's Stargate connections, but for the most part we just see somebody hyper-competent dicking around. There are even shitty pranks.

So, yeah. Nothing too unusual for the Harry Potter fandom, but novel in the setting. The writing was lackluster but not too bad, and I had fun reading this. At a sliver over a hundred thousand words and completed, this was an enjoyable enough read. Pretty accessible to those unfamiliar with Stargate, too.

3/5

2. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I read this a long time ago. It’s one of the decent pieces in the Stargate fandom, but isn’t anything really unique.

Its big and only true selling point is the development of one of Stargate’s awkward leavings. Jack O’Neill is one of my all time favorite characters, so seeing more of him, even by proxy, is fun.

3/5

Edit: Apparently you can’t vote on mobile, so I’ll do it later.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

You can, you just need to change to desktop mode. Its something that's not carried over in the mobile view port. I'm sure some CSS can be done to include it in the future if enough people want it.

Finally gave this a shot after Care told me about it in IRC. I liked it. Definate vibes of HFY, competent person, guilty pleasure.

I liked it, 3.5/5