1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Separation Anxiety by gwendolyn-flight - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by ip82, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Separation Anxiety
    Author: gwendolyn-flight
    Rating: M
    Genre: Mystery/Angst
    Pairings: None (Harry/Snape? Not sure actually, but the author said it.)
    Summary: Harry discovers a truth about his mother. Experimental, hints of Harry/Snape. R for graphic violence and noncon.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/963397/1/
    Uncensored link: [Geocities.com]

Very unusual story. Harry finds out that Lily is alive and that she's hidden away somewhere in Surrey.

This is written in like some sort of introspective poetic angst style. Not really my thing, but for some reason, I found it very suitable for this kind of story. There is also some very un-DLP kind of stuff happening, like rape and romance with Snape, but it's all only vaguely hinted in FFN version (which is the one I've read).

So, I'm sure most of you will hate this story. Hell, I'm not really sure I like it either. But some ellements (like the unexpected ending) were just too interesting to pass up. Read at your own responsibility.

2. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

o_O I tried reading this, i really did >_> But i really couldnt understand what the hell was going in, the most i got was lily was alive sorta....so yea...i just gave up on it

3. Piccaboo!

Piccaboo! Second Year

I sort of liked it. Was a bit confusing, actually had to read the ending three times to understand it 'somewhat'.

Really different from any fanfic i've read before.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    The ending of this story confused the hell out of me. Can somebody freaking explain wat the hell happened

5. Piccaboo!

Piccaboo! Second Year

[spoiler:7833d233c7]
    What I got out of it was that Harry killed his mother and buried her body in a forest near a playground, and maybe he died to,, i'm not to sure. [/spoiler:7833d233c7]

Well that's what I got out of it atleast...

6. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

lilly alive at Surray. WTF. first lilly would never have let the dursleys abuse harry like that in any way. it's mothers instints to protects them. thank god i didn't read it.

7. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Fucking confusing ass story written entirely in single lines (toward the end at least).

Story premise is visible from a mile away and the ending is entirely disappointing.

Bump for another round of review.

8. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

A supremely fucked up story. I have no idea what possessed IP82 to recommend it.

Harry discovers that Lily is alive somewhere in Surrey, though we never learn why her presence was concealed from him. Harry, for some inconceivable reason, enlists Snape's help in finding her. Oh, and along the way Harry gets raped. Not by Snape; by some muggle. Though no doubt this was heading in the direction of Harry/Snape before it abruptly stopped.

The author called the style 'experimental,' and said that the story was originally written for a class. I can't imagine she passed it. It's just shy of incoherent from beginning to end.

2/5 - but only because I kept reading to find out just what the hell was going on

9. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

Mike pretty much hit upon everything that I've found wrong with this story.

It's confusing, Harry randomly gets raped as well. The author never does explain to us why Lily was hiding all these years, etc. I'm not sure what possessed ip82 to recommend this in the first place. It's not even interesting really and it seems that even when it was first recommended that this was found confusing.

I'll give it a 2/5 if only because the grammar wasn't horrible beyond belief but this story is horrible in every other way possible.