1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Seven Deadly Drabbles by kmfrank - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by kmfrank, Dec 5, 2013.

1. kmfrank

kmfrank Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Title: Seven Deadly Drabbles
    Author: kmfrank
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Action/Humor
    Status: Perpetually Incomplete, but as Complete as they will ever be
    Library Category: General
    Pairings: Varies: H/Tonks, H/Pansy, H/Ginny, H/Susan, and Neville/Hannah exist but obviously these are all short so not much development
    Link: FFn

I just posted this on FFn, so I figured I'd put it up here for review as well. Some of these stories have been posted here in the WbA or the Thank God You're Here posts, but this is a collection of some of the better started but never to be continued stories I have on my desktop/google drive.

I thought a few of these were a bit wasted just sitting around collecting dust, and when I came up with the name "Seven Deadly Drabbles" I knew I had to find seven of the best of them and put them together. Who knows what might happen if any of the chapters get enough traction.

Anyway, enjoy, and let me know what you like!

Cheers,
    Kevin

2. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Well this is the best thing that has been posted for review in a while. Even if it is just drabbles.

I would read the shit out of the first two. Especially the second one. While you aimed it as a League of Extraordinary Gentlemen I got a strong Avengers vibe from it(no doubt because it's more recent). And the one thing I always hated about avengers crosses is that everyone else is so useless when you compare them to a wizard, this would solve it by having an all wizard "Avengers".

Perhaps even mixed with the wandless Voldemort one. A vanilla Voldemort would run out of ways to best Dumbledore, Riddle and superenchanter!Harry without it feeling like plot contrivance.

3 and 6 are just not my cup of tea plot wise and 5 has already been done several times.

3. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

1st and 2nd stories utterly destroyed the rest, I found myself looking forward to the next chapter when reading them only to realize they were oneshot-concept-thingies and I was devastated.

Love that worldbuilding. Fucking drown me in it.

3rd had a really good setup with that kickass duel but then it floundered with the bootcamp and the ridiculously blunt attempt at trying to get Harry to crack. Harry dislikes the political favoritism heaped on him since he defeated Voldemort but drops out of school to get a free pass to Auror academy and is surprised when people call him out on it. The fuck did he expect?

4th Seemed like a setup for your standard Indy!Harry with a twist, interesting but pales compared to the rest.

5th didn't really register on the radar either.

6th.. movie was meh all the way, dunno how I'd feel about this.

7th just felt like a clumsy attempt at writing Dark!Harry with the selfcontrol of a chimp.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013