1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Shiny Pokemon

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Vira, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, after hearing about LT2000’s shiny Ponyta in the Nuzlocke thread and being overcome with envy, I decided that we need a shiny thread to brag in.

I’ve had three shinies over the course of my Pokemon existence. All of them are gone due to resets, but I will remember them in my heart:

Shiny Zubat was my first, in LG. I barely knew what shinies were back then, so I boxed it and forgot about it. Second was Shiny Caterpie, in LG, who became a Shiny Butterfree, and who I adored before I got bored of it because it was a fucking Butterfree. Last was Shiny Uxie, in Diamond, who I wasted my Master Ball on. It was okay, I guess.

All of this happened years ago, and I haven’t seen a shiny since.

How about you guys?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2015
  2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I saw once a shiny pidgey. Once.

3. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

In the old Pokemon Silver I got 3 shinies that I can remember, a blue Swinubi (<3), a grey Crabby and a green Tentacool.

The best thing was, I always thought of them as some kind of glitch, and only really learned to appreciate catching them when one of my friends went into terrifying begging mode after seeing them, asking me for a trade persistently for like 2 years...

4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I have never once seen a shiny, unless red Gyarados counts.

So fuck all of you lucky cunts.

5. 1and1is3

1and1is3 First Year

Green Tentacruel whilst surfing to the Elite 4 in Pokemon Diamond. Kinda useless, but it was kinda cool to own it.

Second and last one was when I restarted Soul Silver countless times for a shiny Cyndaquil. That was more cool.

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

That I can remember? Obviously not counting Red Gyarados or the Black Haxorus from White 2.

The Ponyta, obviously (which is now a badass silver Rapidash btw).

I got a Shiny Tentacool on another Heart Gold run once upon a time. Might have been my previous Nuzlocke that's archived here, but I don't think so and I can't be assed to check.

And I found a Shiny Snover in Platinum a while back, but lol crithax caused me to KO it. I raged so goddamned hard.

There probably have been a couple others over the years that I've forgotten about.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  7. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I still have my shiny Zubat from HG. One day, I'll make it a Crobat. But it's still awesome.

8. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

First and only one I've ever come across was a shiny HootHoot in Silver way back in the day. I suppose the Red Gyarados would count as well.

9. f4Ze

f4Ze Squib

I've had 2 shiny Zubats. One from original Silver and another in FR

10. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Farming shinies with Pokeradar has made it a lot less exciting for me. But before pokeradar, I've seen a shiny tentacool once. Killed it on accident :/

11. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I have a shiny Ninetails. His name is Reynard, and he is the best. He is the product of obsessive breeding and has the egg move Hypnosis....and his ability is drought.

I am very happy with him, but I spent way to much time on it.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I caught 2 shiny pokemon in my life, a shiny Caterpie in FireRed which I boxed because it sucks, and a shiny Rayquaza that I adored in my first play through of Emerald when I was pretty young. I ended up losing that cartridge D8

13. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Shiny Pidgey once upon a time in Gold, killed without me realising what it meant. Shiny Zubat in LeafGreen some years later, captured and boxed and never used and the save erased somewhere along the way. Shiny Pelipper in Platinum, erased by a restart I used for Nuzlocke, which, ironically, gave me a Shiny Meditite which I was able to capture in accordance with the rules, but then it died horribly and now languishes in a graveyard box in the PC.

Oh, and a Shiny Shuckle gifted to me in SoulSilver, but as it is a Shuckle, its existence is not to be mentioned in polite company. Or my company. Which doesn't get very polite when it comes to those fucking cun - I mean those lovely Shuckles.

14. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I think I've caught two, perhaps even three, shinies but the only one I remember for certain was a Mankey in FR. I'd already been training one for Brock so it got sent to box.

Most of the time I end up killing them and on one memorable occasion, I accidently ran away. :facepalm

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    After reading this thread, I am surprised by how many of us have encountered shiny Caterpies in LG/FR. I found mine about seven years ago, and its still sitting in that box collecting dust.

16. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I saw a shiny Shellos once. Didn't know what all the fancy stars meant though, so I just ganked it. :(

17. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Killed my first shiny, a Hariyama, in emerald due to Critic. The second one was a shiny Tentacruel that I came across while playing Shiny Gold, put it in a box and forgot about it.

One thing I was wondering though when you breed a shiny is the offspring shiny too?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  18. Simplicity

Simplicity Third Year

Over the course of 10 years, I've only caught 3 shinies and killed 2. Caught myself a shiny Ratatta (Beggars can't be choosers), a shiny Swinub and bred myself a shiny Charmander.

Shiny Abra teleported away before it could be caught and I killed the Lotad.

ocs: The parents make no different, if I remember right.

19. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Found and cought a shiny Marill aaaages ago, can't even remember what game it was on, in fact it was because of it that I found out that shinies even existed because I was kinda confused as to why it was green.

20. fire

fire Order Member

Caught a shiny pidgy once, and promptly boxed it.

I would give me right testicle for a shiny charizard, thought.