1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Shut up a moment! Ive something to say.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Antivash, Jan 20, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The powers that be have met and decided that I no longer have a place amongst the staff. This doesn't really bother me one way or the other, all things considered. I've been given twenty-four hours to announce my resignation in a calm manner.

Thus, it is with a all of the grace and dignity the name Vash holds that I hereby announce resignation of the Dark Lord Potter Administration Team.

But make no mistake, this is not a goodbye.

Thank you. That is all.

2. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Oh no! Why guys? Why? Vash has done a lot for this site and I can change - me who was so cruel once!

Can't you give Vash a second chance guys?

[​IMG]

3. Kiklo

Kiklo Seventh Year

What happened? Did Vash do something wrong? I'll miss seeing his name in orange :(

4. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Well, you had a good run Vash.

I'll enjoy reading your writings and replies even if you are just another peon now, ;)

Seriously, its all good.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Lulz at Merrill.

I believe Vash was an admin when I first joined the site... been awhile.

6. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So..... what did you do vash?

7. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Keep your nose out of it.

It ain't none of your business.

8. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Seriously, how did this happen? DLP won't be the same.

9. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

It is indeed a day of Confusion for DLP. When will the madness stop?!

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It is between Vash and the staff.

11. Dwitty

Dwitty Seventh Year DLP Supporter

No! It seems it's between the staff and the rest of the staff.

Along with the general discussion of this in IRC, Vash was told to leave without being informed of the pending nature of the decision. He wasn't involved ...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  12. Antivash

While having far less tact then I approve of, I don't deny the sentiments of the statement.

I was told to make my resignation in a calm manner within 24 hours as the staff had met and decided, to paraphrase, "We want you to quite."

The or else was left hanging and unsaid.

13. Antivash

After returning to take my lunch break at work and returning to IRC, I was finally given a reason, bullshit as it is.

<Raven[Reading]> Reason: You abused power more than you should've, and didn't really help out overmuch to balance that out. And no, I'm not being influenced by Cady.

Id like to ask this. Precisely how didn't I help enough? and How did I abuse my power? Discounting the fact that I donated more money to the site then anyone during the "Get vB" shit, which was entirely my decision, I'm more active than most of the mods. Syao has a valid reason, and has done a fuck of a lot. Ive not personally seen sree do a lot, and DGD isnt around so much that I know of.

And Sera was given the same demand. Why for there?

I dont wanna start something, but I smell something similar to a rat here.

14. BioPlague

Please guys don't fight; it isn't nice and if we fight then DLP will be in strife and a community divided cannot stand and maybe you can give Vash a second chance; isn't the world built on second chances I mean we gave the Germans a second chance after World War I and we gave freeing Iraq a second chance in 2003, I mean redemption and second chances are so important.

But most of all we can't fight guys - we can't; remember what happened to me! If we fight, we become bitter and then it's bad!

15. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Vash this REALLY isn't the best place for this. A.) The decision is made. Take it up LR in private messages.

(Having said that I remember distinctly two instances. One where you banned Nuclear Winter rather rashly, and the other where you threatened to ban someone in an INTRO thread. I'm sure there are more, but either way, this isn't the place.)

Also, donating money doesn't give anyone carte blanche. You HAD a tremendous amount of influence. Without being LR or Zev, I don't know how much more you could have had. But they didn't like the way you ran things. This also seems like a well thought decision, and I don't see this happening arbitrarily to other staff members.

And ultimately, Bio, this community wouldn't be divided by any one individual. I could be banned, and things would go on (I've left for months, and things continued in my absence). This is not a reasonable fight. Worst comes to worst is the remaining admins whip out their banstick, and the problems would disappear...

Having said that, I don't think it needs to come to that. I just don't think publicly confronting someone is the best way to deal with an issue unless its under VERY specific circumstances. (Vash opened this to public consumption.) This would be better off dropped. Vash, I look forward to more fanfic from you, and I think that's where you should devote your energy. I think this issue should be dropped.

Either that or take it up in PMs. No one's leading a revolution, so this is pointless and stupid.

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

/me raises his hand.

17. BioPlague

I understand Chuck, I'm sorry, you're right, the community would go on but who wants to fight anyway - it's bad and these people were once admin friends and it'd be hard to be in a position of power for so long and then go to being not being in a position of power and have to deal with people talking about it and not being able to tell them why because the reasoning isn't very valid because no one seems to understand it and I don't know if I even understand because Vash has done a lot for the site it seems and money is very influential, I mean its why the world turns other than because of God.

Money is like a lot of stuff I think and if you helped fund the forum then technically you're practically almost the owner; I mean if AT&T funded the Superdome it'd be called the AT&T Superdome so maybe at the least we should call it Vash's Dark Lord Potter.net I don't know but it seems unfair to not remember that he donated a lot in a position of power.

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

That's where we differ then, Bio. I believe in ideas. I believe that money is important, but money at any cost or given clout is dumb. Of course I know money has influence, but I don't look at it as something to desperately achieve.

The scientist who is working on curing AIDS, but doesn't make as much money as Donald Trump or Paris Hilton has equal if not more value. The Medici family is famous for being PATRONS of brilliant ideas and talent.

Who do people remember? Socrates, a man who talked in a market, or the merchant who owned the most shops in said market. Plus, he'd have to pour in a SHITLOAD of money to equal Ravenclaw's contribution. :D

Regarding Vash's ego, this is only turning into an event BECAUSE of his ego. If he let it go, I doubt anyone would make an issue of it. And if they did he could say, "Fuck you, I'm not talking about it. Now, this H/G story sucked because, etc..." That's it. Ego. He doesn't and SHOULDN'T feel compelled to explain himself, or justify his life to us. I certainly don't feel compelled to explain myself to you guys, or get particularly intimate. (I save that for my online sex chats with Mistress Brutal, my dominatrix ;) )

19. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    It was brought up several times on IRC actually, after the initial post which had no semblance of ego in it.

What does Cady have to say about all this anyways?

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Chuck: Please, shut the fuck up already.

Thanks.

Love, IRC.

Not open for further replies.